I've searched the forums and the web and can't find anyone with a similar problem. I have a Titan and my carrier is AT&T. The problem is this: after launching Beem, the list of stations fails to display. I've uninstalled and re-installed 4 times. Restarted the phone numerous times. Tried it with Wi-Fi and without. Other than the missing stations, the App seems to work fine. Unfortunately, no Station list, no music. Does anyone have an idea? I emailed the Dev but no reply, as of yet. I'm going nuts. Even though Beem runs my battery down in about 6 hours and goes througn 3 MB of data in around 20 days, I HAVE TO HAVE MY BEEM.
    09-17-2012 01:47 PM
    Beem developer here.

Indeed, the application stopped working, and here is the reason - the file that contains the list of available stations is fetched from a remote server. I recently terminated my agreement with the former hosting provider and moving the entire Beem infrastructure to Windows Azure. Since the path to the file is hardcoded in the application, I will have to release an update with the new path.

Beem also went through a complete overhaul - stay tuned for an updated next week, when the new app will be submitted to the Marketplace.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
    Mr_pither likes this.
    09-18-2012 11:57 AM
    I was just about to add the text of your email that you sent to me yesterday and as I opened this thread, your post magically appeared.

Thank you for the detailed explaination.

I would pay for this app and never complain.
    09-18-2012 12:03 PM
    The stock options for Beem will remain free. There will be, however a premium version released as well. Stay tuned and thank you for the support!
    09-18-2012 12:07 PM
    Premium version for free?
    Last edited by The BeardGuy; 09-23-2012 at 09:18 PM. Reason: add
    09-23-2012 08:33 PM
    Premium version for free?
    BeardGuy, I am going to assume that you are not familiar with "Digitally Imported" (Digitally Imported - addictive electronic music). Beem streams the music played from this Internet Radio Station. There are 2 versions. Low bandwidth, which is free and contains commercials. Not that I would call them commercials. They last about 20 seconds and it is usually an advertisement for the premium version of Digitally Imported, which is high bandwidth and commercial free. My guess is the new version of Beem will allow you to subscribe to the high bandwidth, commercial free music. And on that note, I'll share an email I received this morning from the developer of Beem. It's the news I've been waiting for.

Hi,

It is my pleasure to announce that Beem 1.2 has been submitted for Dev Center certification. Once the application passes the approval process, you will receive an update notification in your Marketplace app. Fixes include:

No more low volume problems

Stations load correctly

Thank you for your support!

Den Delimarsky
    10-01-2012 02:30 PM
    This seems to be happening to me on version 1.3! Ack! What went wrong?
    12-15-2012 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD