Call Management App

DssBB1

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I've recently upgraded my old Nokia phone to a Lumia 900 and love the phone and a lot of the apps currently available. One app which I haven't been able to find and would love to see is a "call management" app with a built in call answering machine. There are several answering machine apps currently available to other OS's but none available to windows phones. I do realize that most utilize their providers voice mail although in order to save on monthly cell plan fee's, having an on phone app to handle missed calls and quickly set call receive options (unavailable, in meeting, etc) as well having the option to have messages stored on the phone for easy retrieval and playback would be quite beneficial to a lot of windows users.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I assume, based on your question, you are not an AT&T customer. AT&T provides visual voicemail on their L900, which answers part of your question. Not sure how many carriers offer that though.

What you are asking for would only be accessible by the carrier on a WP, so don't expect to find an app for that.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

DssBB1

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I am with Rogers wireless in Canada and although I can add voicemail to my wireless account in which I had for a year or two with my previous phones I was a couple of years ago on my Nokia E71 to source an on the phone answering machine app. The app worked ideal and was quite inexpensive. Any missed calls and messages left by callers would be saved to the phones memory along with a main screen indicator alerting me of messages. I found it to be an extremely convienant app and I never had to dial into check voicemail again. The app would not only allow personal recorded greeting to be setup but as well had customized ring setting prior to answer, time alotment for messages to be left.
As mentioned, I personally found the app to be quite useful and saved money on voice mail charges for customers who do not receive it free and was hoping to find one available or peak some interest in it being developed.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, that is the app I was using and found it worked great on my E71. Hopefully, someone can take an app like that and develope one for windows 7.5.
AFAIK, this app is not possible to be made on WP7 devices, and we don't yet know if it will be possible on WP8 (my guess is no, unfortunately). Microsoft doesn't really allow apps to mess with call features, such as call blocking and diverting and such, and I think it has something to do with the security of the phone (i.e. Download of an app that discretely, in the background, diverts incoming calls or makes outbound calls to premium numbers that charge you in the end. This exact scenario happened on Android - I guess it was busy making calls to premium numbers in the background or something)

You do have options though: If your carrier allows visual voicemail, you can turn that feature on to have your messages sent straight to your phone for playback.

You can also try a free service called "YouMail" that offers visual voicemail (as well as blocking specified callers (i.e. ignore the call once, they'll hear the "Number not in service" message, and I doubt they'll be calling back)). They don't have a 1st party app, but have an approved 3rd party one: MagikMail (link is to the free, lite version. $1.99 for the full version)

There's also Google Voice, and since it's google it's not really supported very well on the windows phone platform, but a few people stepped up with visual voicemail services to use with google voice: Store search results | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States).

Both YouMail and Google Voice also let you access all of your voicemails on their respective websites (likely in addition to being on your phone when using the apps)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99