10-12-2012 11:15 AM
55 123
tools
    Was going to check this app out... probably won't any more.
    09-23-2012 11:10 PM
    It's pretty nice app. But it has some issues. I wouldn't suggest anyone pay money for it until some of the bugs are ironed out. I'm going to stop buying apps before I check the forums. LOL.
    09-23-2012 11:14 PM
    I get live tile notifications, just not toast ones.
    09-23-2012 11:15 PM
    Annnd I just got a app notification but not a toast message. Strange.
    I still don't get any notifications.
    09-23-2012 11:30 PM
    I'd suggest checking the main news page here on wpcentral. This app frequently has promotions where it is available for free. That's how I found out about it.

I'm not so irritated, since I got it for free. I'd be more annoyed if I had paid for it.

The weird thing is that I have a bunch of other Liquid Daffodil apps, and none of their other apps are buggy. Everything else works flawlessly.
    09-23-2012 11:33 PM
    It's pretty nice app. But it has some issues. I wouldn't suggest anyone pay money for it until some of the bugs are ironed out. I'm going to stop buying apps before I check the forums. LOL.
    I made that mistake with Board Express Pro. That is one of the worst, buggiest apps. Unfortunately, I didn't see the forum posts until after I bought Board Express Pro. :(
    09-23-2012 11:34 PM
    Update: notifications via live tile and toasts started working.

Still waiting for update to see if timeline refresh works or not.
    09-25-2012 11:17 PM
    My live tiles don't work consistently. I've yet to get a toast notification.

Hopefully a update will come soon.
    09-26-2012 07:03 AM
    Live tiles work for me sometimes. On the rare occasion I get toast notifications, it's hours after the fact.
    09-28-2012 10:00 PM
    The developer tweeted that an update is available, but I haven't gotten it yet.

Once I get it, I'll report my findings here.
    1jaxstate1 likes this.
    09-29-2012 01:10 AM
    Got the update and waiting to see how it is. There was no change log.
    09-30-2012 09:06 PM
    So far I've noticed that it loads faster and the manual refresh problem is fixed. I've yet to get a toast notification. I did get a tile count notification. It took it a while, but it showed up.

Update.
    We were talking football on Twitter and I got maybe 20 @ comments to me throughout the game. I received one tile alert and zero toast alert. So I guess it's back to the drawing board for the deva.

Update 2.
    Did a reboot and i got toast and tile notifications. It was after the barrage of football tweets.
    Last edited by 1jaxstate1; 09-30-2012 at 11:17 PM.
    09-30-2012 10:16 PM
    I got the update, and toast notifications are finally working.

Manual refresh is faster too.

Perhaps the bugs have been fixed.

I'll test further and report again at later time.
    10-01-2012 12:45 AM
    Update: I had 2 mentions, and they appeared in the tile. I also got toast notifications.
    1jaxstate1 likes this.
    10-01-2012 01:56 PM
    It's working just dandy so far. But I was comparing the twitter apps I used, Gleek, Carbon, Birdsong, and Rowi. Why do they all pretty much look the same. Same black background and no border around the tweets.

Twitter 3
    Twitter2
    TWITTER by
    Last edited by 1jaxstate1; 10-02-2012 at 11:18 AM.
    10-02-2012 11:12 AM
    It's working just dandy so far. But I was comparing the twitter apps I used, Gleek, Carbon, Birdsong, and Rowi. Why do they all pretty much look the same. Same black background and no border around the tweets.

Twitter 3
    Twitter2
    TWITTER by

That's something I don't know. I really don't mind the interface. I like Glk, since it offers the background of the day, which is also downloadable if one has the Outsider app. I've saved a lot of those backgrounds to use as my wallpaper.

I also like Glk, since pictures in tweets are larger than in rowi or carbon.

I'm not really picky on color of interface, since I use more than one desktop Twitter client (mainly Choqok in Linux and MetroTwit in Windows).
    10-02-2012 11:25 AM
    I haven't tried the photo of the day. I'm gonna give it a shot.
    That's something I don't know. I really don't mind the interface. I like Glk, since it offers the background of the day, which is also downloadable if one has the Outsider app. I've saved a lot of those backgrounds to use as my wallpaper.

I also like Glk, since pictures in tweets are larger than in rowi or carbon.

I'm not really picky on color of interface, since I use more than one desktop Twitter client (mainly Choqok in Linux and MetroTwit in Windows).
    10-02-2012 12:31 PM
    I haven't tried the photo of the day. I'm gonna give it a shot.

They have some cool photos.

I got the Outsider app when it was available for free. The free offer was mentioned in a wpcentral news article.

That's also how I got Glk for free. Wpcentral has nice reviews and mentions when a lot of apps are free or on sale. :)
    10-02-2012 02:24 PM
    Manual refresh is faster too.
    Perhaps the bugs have been fixed.
    got 1.14 the other day has well..

Timeline's load a little faster has well.
    They increased the maximum number of items to retrieve from 100 to 200 aka tweets..
    Little more stable

====

glad we do not get notified when timelines get updated..it would kill my battery..

I also get my Pics from Outsider, got it free, and Gleek has well..

But I have since paid for Gleek since I use it daily..
    10-02-2012 07:19 PM
    got 1.14 the other day has well..

Timeline's load a little faster has well.

They increased the maximum number of items to retrieve from 100 to 200 aka tweets..

Little more stable

====

glad we do not get notified when timelines get updated..it would kill my battery..

I also get my Pics from Outsider, got it free, and Gleek has well..

But I have since paid for Gleek since I use it daily..
    I did opt for notifications of new direct messages and mentions. Those hadn't worked in the past, but they do work in this latest version.

I chose to get 70 new tweets when I open the app, since that doesn't hurt my battery.
    10-02-2012 07:23 PM
    Same developer has app called Cowlick that has light background. http://www.windowscentral.com/gləək-...-those-lighter

It's free now.
    10-03-2012 05:25 PM
    I saw that and downloaded it because it's free. But it seems like gleek - a few features, but with a light theme.
    10-03-2012 06:09 PM
    I saw that and downloaded it because it's free. But it seems like gleek - a few features, but with a light theme.

It's worthwhile if for no other reason than getting any future updates free of charge.

I already commented in the blog post. The dev is reading the comments.
    10-03-2012 06:13 PM
    Wow everything works just fine for me and I've been using this app for some time I've never had any issues like what you guys are talking about. I have it loaded on three devices one is not mine but wife....
    10-04-2012 03:43 AM
    Strange, when I first got it, about a week ago, it didn't work correctly. I even tried it on 3 phones. But oh well, it's fixed now. I changed my review from a 2 star app to a 4 star app.
    Wow everything works just fine for me and I've been using this app for some time I've never had any issues like what you guys are talking about. I have it loaded on three devices one is not mine but wife....
    10-04-2012 08:22 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD