Gl??k! Notifications

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Welp I've just had some "friendly" words with the dev on the front page. I'm done. Bad review left in the marketplace and I'm on to the next app. Good luck though.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Welp I've just had some "friendly" words with the dev on the front page. I'm done. Bad review left in the marketplace and I'm on to the next app. Good luck though.

Here's the response I got on Twitter.
glƏƏk! ‏@gleekthis

@lak611 Was known bug resolved a long time ago, but due to App Hub problems it couldn't go live (them, not us). v1.14 fixes it, live soon.

I will report here once the new version is available and let you know if it's fixed.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Wow. That's a great response. Keep us updated. IDK why they didn't just state that in the email they sent me, instead of sending me on a wild goose chase.
Here's the response I got on Twitter.

I will report here once the new version is available and let you know if it's fixed.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Wow. That's a great response. Keep us updated. IDK why they didn't just state that in the email they sent me, instead of sending me on a wild goose chase.
I don't know why either. If you read my conversation on Twitter, you'll see he told me the same thing as he told you in the email before finally telling me about the update.

In any event, I'll post back here when the app gets updated.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's pretty nice app. But it has some issues. I wouldn't suggest anyone pay money for it until some of the bugs are ironed out. I'm going to stop buying apps before I check the forums. LOL.
Was going to check this app out... probably won't any more.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Was going to check this app out... probably won't any more.

I'd suggest checking the main news page here on wpcentral. This app frequently has promotions where it is available for free. That's how I found out about it.

I'm not so irritated, since I got it for free. I'd be more annoyed if I had paid for it.

The weird thing is that I have a bunch of other Liquid Daffodil apps, and none of their other apps are buggy. Everything else works flawlessly.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It's pretty nice app. But it has some issues. I wouldn't suggest anyone pay money for it until some of the bugs are ironed out. I'm going to stop buying apps before I check the forums. LOL.

I made that mistake with Board Express Pro. That is one of the worst, buggiest apps. Unfortunately, I didn't see the forum posts until after I bought Board Express Pro. :(

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Update: notifications via live tile and toasts started working.

Still waiting for update to see if timeline refresh works or not.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
So far I've noticed that it loads faster and the manual refresh problem is fixed. I've yet to get a toast notification. I did get a tile count notification. It took it a while, but it showed up.

Update.
We were talking football on Twitter and I got maybe 20 @ comments to me throughout the game. I received one tile alert and zero toast alert. So I guess it's back to the drawing board for the deva.

Update 2.
Did a reboot and i got toast and tile notifications. It was after the barrage of football tweets.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I got the update, and toast notifications are finally working.

Manual refresh is faster too.

Perhaps the bugs have been fixed.

I'll test further and report again at later time.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's working just dandy so far. But I was comparing the twitter apps I used, Gleek, Carbon, Birdsong, and Rowi. Why do they all pretty much look the same. Same black background and no border around the tweets.

Twitter 3
Twitter2
TWITTER by

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte