Gl??k! Notifications

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It's working just dandy so far. But I was comparing the twitter apps I used, Gleek, Carbon, Birdsong, and Rowi. Why do they all pretty much look the same. Same black background and no border around the tweets.

Twitter 3
Twitter2
TWITTER by

That's something I don't know. I really don't mind the interface. I like Gl??k, since it offers the background of the day, which is also downloadable if one has the Outsider app. I've saved a lot of those backgrounds to use as my wallpaper.

I also like Gl??k, since pictures in tweets are larger than in rowi or carbon.

I'm not really picky on color of interface, since I use more than one desktop Twitter client (mainly Choqok in Linux and MetroTwit in Windows).

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried the photo of the day. I'm gonna give it a shot.
That's something I don't know. I really don't mind the interface. I like Gl??k, since it offers the background of the day, which is also downloadable if one has the Outsider app. I've saved a lot of those backgrounds to use as my wallpaper.

I also like Gl??k, since pictures in tweets are larger than in rowi or carbon.

I'm not really picky on color of interface, since I use more than one desktop Twitter client (mainly Choqok in Linux and MetroTwit in Windows).

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried the photo of the day. I'm gonna give it a shot.

They have some cool photos.

I got the Outsider app when it was available for free. The free offer was mentioned in a wpcentral news article.

That's also how I got Gl??k for free. Wpcentral has nice reviews and mentions when a lot of apps are free or on sale. :)

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Manual refresh is faster too.
Perhaps the bugs have been fixed.

got 1.14 the other day has well..

Timeline's load a little faster has well.
They increased the maximum number of items to retrieve from 100 to 200 aka tweets..
Little more stable

====

glad we do not get notified when timelines get updated..it would kill my battery..

I also get my Pics from Outsider, got it free, and Gleek has well..

But I have since paid for Gleek since I use it daily..

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
got 1.14 the other day has well..

Timeline's load a little faster has well.

They increased the maximum number of items to retrieve from 100 to 200 aka tweets..

Little more stable

====

glad we do not get notified when timelines get updated..it would kill my battery..

I also get my Pics from Outsider, got it free, and Gleek has well..

But I have since paid for Gleek since I use it daily..

I did opt for notifications of new direct messages and mentions. Those hadn't worked in the past, but they do work in this latest version.

I chose to get 70 new tweets when I open the app, since that doesn't hurt my battery.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I saw that and downloaded it because it's free. But it seems like gleek - a few features, but with a light theme.

It's worthwhile if for no other reason than getting any future updates free of charge.

I already commented in the blog post. The dev is reading the comments.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Wow everything works just fine for me and I've been using this app for some time I've never had any issues like what you guys are talking about. I have it loaded on three devices one is not mine but wife....

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Strange, when I first got it, about a week ago, it didn't work correctly. I even tried it on 3 phones. But oh well, it's fixed now. I changed my review from a 2 star app to a 4 star app.
Wow everything works just fine for me and I've been using this app for some time I've never had any issues like what you guys are talking about. I have it loaded on three devices one is not mine but wife....

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Update: I uninstalled and reinstalled gleek, and it works again.

I couldn't find it in device marketplace, but I found it in desktop marketplace and sent it to my device.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I logged out of gleek and moved back to the official Twitter app. Notifications are actually pushed to the app within seconds. It doesn't have some of the features that gleek has, but it works consistently.

I wonder if it twitter is doing something on purpose to 3rd party apps or are 3rd party app devs doing something incorrectly.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I logged out of gleek and moved back to the official Twitter app. Notifications are actually pushed to the app within seconds. It doesn't have some of the features that gleek has, but it works consistently.

I wonder if it twitter is doing something on purpose to 3rd party apps or are 3rd party app devs doing something incorrectly.

That's a good question. I wonder if 3rd-party iOS and Android Twitter apps have issues with notifications too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise