Gl??k! Notifications

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The only reason I don't care that much is because I got it when it was free. Had I paid for the app, I would have been very disappointed.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Well, I paid the 1.99 and I'm going to email the devs and ask do they plan on fixing the issues.

Its really an awesome Twitter app, the best if they fix notifications.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I had emailed in the past. I was just told to delete and then re-add my Twitter account, which didn't help at all.

Dev never bothered emailing me when I told him his "solution" didn't work.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Sigh, I guess I should start checking the forums before I buy apps. I had Carbon, but they bailed on WP, now I get Carbon part 2.
I had emailed in the past. I was just told to delete and then re-add my Twitter account, which didn't help at all.

Dev never bothered emailing me when I told him his "solution" didn't work.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Sigh, I guess I should start checking the forums before I buy apps. I had Carbon, but they bailed on WP, now I get Carbon part 2.
I like rowi. It has always worked great. Notifications work, and so do updates.

Gleek not only fails on notifications, but tapping refresh does nothing to refresh my timeline. I have to close and reopen the app.

Last edited:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I use to use Rowi, but I found it to be too slow loading. The more I use gleek, the more small bugs im seeing.
I like rowi. It has always worked great. Notifications work, and so do updates.

Clerk not only fails on notifications, but tapping refresh does nothing to refresh my timeline. I have to close and reopen the app.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I just got this email from devs:

Anytime a user has had this its been phone-specific. Do this: in the app turn notifications OFF then ON again. Restart your phone, and wait up to 30 minutes. Don't use the app during this time just to make sure you have new activity but make sure you give yourself a message or mention to test.

Let us know! :)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I just got this email from devs:

Anytime a user has had this its been phone-specific. Do this: in the app turn notifications OFF then ON again. Restart your phone, and wait up to 30 minutes. Don't use the app during this time just to make sure you have new activity but make sure you give yourself a message or mention to test.

Let us know! :)
I'll try and see what happens.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Well I now get icons on the tile that show @ count and DM count and the time flips and says "no nee mentions", but I had a friend send me a @ message and it didn't report it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well I now get icons on the tile that show @ count and DM count and the time flips and says "no nee mentions", but I had a friend send me a @ message and it didn't report it.
I have icons too, but they don't show anything. I got a message and rowi notified me. Gleek didn't.

I don't see why device model matters either.

You have a Focus, and I have a Lumia 900; neither of us gets notification of new messages in Gleek. :(

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I think they just blowing smoke with the "device" type garbage. I have a lumia 900 also, but I don't think it matters. It just don't work.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, So I've tried it on a Samsung Focus, HTC HD7, and a Nokia Lumia 900. Doesn't work on any of those devices. I guess you got to have a unlocked developers device for it to work correctly. LOL!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Ok, So I've tried it on a Samsung Focus, HTC HD7, and a Nokia Lumia 900. Doesn't work on any of those devices. I guess you got to have a unlocked developers device for it to work correctly. LOL!

I just tweeted the developer and also sent him a link to this thread. Let's see if he responds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb