Hey,

So my parents are going to Italy and want to be able to make business call but dont want to use a ton of minutes. Are there any voip apps that work internationally for wp7? I'm not a wp user, actually a BlackBerry user, haha.(wp's are still nice phones!)
    10-03-2012 08:29 AM
    Look up Skype and Tango
    10-03-2012 08:34 AM
    I've used Skype of years. Really good for international communication, and supported on almost every platform.
    10-03-2012 08:40 AM
    ah ya i was thinking about skype. is it free or do you have to pay a fee for international calls?
    10-03-2012 08:41 AM
    International may cost, but wifi video calls are free

Cheap Calls and Group Video Calls with Skype - Skype
    10-03-2012 08:53 AM
    International may cost, but wifi video calls are free

Cheap Calls and Group Video Calls with Skype - Skype
    Skype to Skype is free, video call and voice call.
    If its to call from Skype to an fixed phone or to a mobile its paid call.
    10-03-2012 10:13 AM
    Is there a true SIP Voip app (like acrobits softphone) for WP?

I use Localphone (costs 50-80% less than Skypeout) on iOS and Android and I would like to set it up on my wife's Lumia 710?

Heck, even my old (Symbian) Nokia e71 has native SIP app that I have Localphone set up on.

While I'm asking ?'s - Is there an app that for WP like GrooveIP and/or Talkatone that integrates Googlevoice for free calling over wifi and/or 3/4G w/o using mobile voice min.?

Acrobits softphone does both SIP / Voip acct. setup and can integrate GV (callback method though so not quite as slick as Talkatone/GrooveIP but still w/o using mobile min.) all in one app so I really like it because of that.
    Last edited by redrotors; 10-05-2012 at 12:02 AM.
    10-04-2012 10:02 PM
    Is there a true SIP Voip app (like acrobits softphone) for WP?
    YES! There is now, thanks to Belledonne communications: Voice and Video over IP experts - Linphone open-source VoIP software

Linphone for Windows Phone 8 ! | Linphone, an open-source video sip phone

You can even set up free SIP accounts with them, Free SIP service | Linphone, an open-source video sip phone

I've made and received phone calls with my exetel.com.au SIP account.

My only question is, where is the donate button!
    08-15-2013 04:22 AM
    10-23-2013 03:16 PM
    YES! There is now, thanks to Belledonne communications: Voice and Video over IP experts - Linphone open-source VoIP software

Linphone for Windows Phone 8 ! | Linphone, an open-source video sip phone

You can even set up free SIP accounts with them, Free SIP service | Linphone, an open-source video sip phone

I've made and received phone calls with my exetel.com.au SIP account.

My only question is, where is the donate button!
    Does this only allow making calls to another user using SIP VOIP? or any number in world?
    10-23-2013 03:59 PM
    Hey,

So my parents are going to Italy and want to be able to make business call but dont want to use a ton of minutes. Are there any voip apps that work internationally for wp7? I'm not a wp user, actually a BlackBerry user, haha.(wp's are still nice phones!)
    AdoreSoftphone | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    10-24-2013 02:50 PM
    I use Smartgroshen app it is free and with good quality of voice.
    06-12-2014 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD