SIP, Voip & Google Voice?

redrotors

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
New here and to WP so excuse me if I missed an obvious app or a native Lumia 710 or WP setting.

Is there a true SIP Voip app (like acrobits softphone) for WP? Or inbuilt native SIP support?

I use Localphone (costs 50-80% less than Skypeout) on iOS and Android and I would like to set it up on a Lumia 710?

Heck, even my old (Symbian) Nokia e71 has native SIP support that I have Localphone set up on.

While I'm asking ?'s -

Is there an app that for WP like GrooveIP and/or Talkatone that integrates Googlevoice for free (USA) calling over wifi and/or 3/4G w/o using mobile voice min.?

Acrobits softphone does both SIP / Voip acct. setup and can integrate GV (callback method though so not quite as slick as Talkatone/GrooveIP but still w/o using mobile min.) all in one app so I really like it because of that. BUT, no WP version?

Last edited:

Blackwood504

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I'll be honest I know nothing about the first two thing but as far as google voice there are a couple apps... I recommend MetroTalk. Hope this helps.

http://metrotalk.wordpress.com/

bcb8c98f-ee7e-42b4-9140-85e0463c1153

b6f854ae-efdb-43dd-95b7-d9c37d8b1670

dfaabfae-f8c0-4c33-be68-6b5d6609acb7

303269a3-ff12-4503-98e4-66fa390c3e2a

redrotors

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'll be honest I know nothing about the first two thing but as far as google voice there are a couple apps... I recommend MetroTalk. Hope this helps.

MetroTalk

Click to view quoted image

Thanks, BUT in reading about MetroTalk I see this
"IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Google Voice is not a VoIP service. Any calls placed through MetroTalk, will use minutes from your current wireless voice plan, plus applicable charges in your Google Voice account. As of the time of publishing, both sending and receiving SMS messages is free."

I am looking for free (as in does NOT use cell/mobile phone plan minutes) USA calling like Talkatone or GrooveIp. So unless that info. on the MetroTalk site is wrong or outdated I am assuming that you are using mobile phone min. if you make a GV call with MetroTalk. The free msg. is pretty meaningless to me.

Does GV calling w/o using phone min. exist for WP phones?

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Any idea (rumors?) if it might be supported in the 7.8 update?

I highly doubt it will. The reason it will work in WP8 is because the change of kernel allows for deep integration with the OS (this is a big reason why they had to change).

redrotors

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I highly doubt it will. The reason it will work in WP8 is because the change of kernel allows for deep integration with the OS (this is a big reason why they had to change).
Ouch, well I may have to off this phone. Too bad, there is a lot I like about it, not the least of which is it works as a phone very well.

Thanks for the info., even though it's bad news for me.

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Ouch, well I may have to off this phone. Too bad, there is a lot I like about it, not the least of which is it works as a phone very well.

Thanks for the info., even though it's bad news for me.
MetroTalk dev here. I'm a bit late to this thread, but I just wanted to say that you are right regarding MetroTalk & VoIP & WP7. Please do keep an eye out though for WP8 announcements in the coming weeks.

Thanks to those who recommended the app.. you rock! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa