app to allow WP7 to work as a BT 10-key?

alternatedenver

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I am new to the forum, but have been a reader of the site for a while. I am wondering if anyone has come across an app that will allow the WP7 to function as a bluetooth digital 10 key for my laptop. I started crunching a lot of numbers from work and would rather just use my WP7 as a ten key pad rather than purchase one as an accessory to my laptop.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Jordan

Red Lemur

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi Jordan,

Unfortunately you're unlikely to see an app that could do that on WP7 - the problem is that Microsoft don't (currently) let standard developers write apps that use Bluetooth on WP7. In more technical terms there is no Bluetooth 'API' available in wp7 for developers to use. Hopefully in WP8.

All the best,

Ian

alternatedenver

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi Jordan,

Unfortunately you're unlikely to see an app that could do that on WP7 - the problem is that Microsoft don't (currently) let standard developers write apps that use Bluetooth on WP7. In more technical terms there is no Bluetooth 'API' available in wp7 for developers to use. Hopefully in WP8.

All the best,

Ian
Hey,
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully they will allow this functionality in the future... although it would really come in handy now. I tried looking through the marketplace for something similar and have come close with using the network remote control stuff, but they seem to only work when attached to a home network. Oh well.

Again, thanks for the explanation.
Regards,
jordan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6