Petition for the Apps we need/want...

ltyarbro42

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, we don't need the apps that are popular NOW. What we need are the apps that will be popular in the future. We need the popular devs on board with WP more than anything. Because in reality, like most other things in pop culture, the popularity does off or something better comes along. So im all for pushing devs in our direction.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The only apps that I really want or need are my banking apps. ING Direct, Sharebuilder, Mint, Capital One. Games I can do without. Also, Passpack would be very nice for my passwords. But posting about these in a thread on WPCentral isn't going to do anything. I agree with creating a list of apps that people suggest, and then the developer contact information regarding those apps so people can contact them individually. But I have no idea how to find out what the dev contact info is.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Funny thing is, I have no idea!

I've used my N8 for 2 years now. I've never had any real urge for apps. I have JoikuSpot for wifi tethering and some Angry Birds games, that's it. Some may say its cos Symbian doesnt really have much stuff, but I simply never even cared to look. The N8 did everything I needed out of the box except the wifi tethering needed JoikuSpot.

But, if I had to ask something..

1) Steam app, mostly for the chat.
2) TeamSpeak 3 compatible app

Blackwood504

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Was there a thread started somewhere with a list? This is a good idea as I have email many companies and devs about different apps and would like one comprehensive list.

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I made a really cool website with emails and links to devs for apps that people suggested in another thread the other day... unfortunately it was locked because I'm not allowed to share external links. :-( sorry guys.

wenogg

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
The only apps that I really want or need are my banking apps. ING Direct, Sharebuilder, Mint, Capital One. Games I can do without. Also, Passpack would be very nice for my passwords. But posting about these in a thread on WPCentral isn't going to do anything. I agree with creating a list of apps that people suggest, and then the developer contact information regarding those apps so people can contact them individually. But I have no idea how to find out what the dev contact info is.
Check out a screencast for Money Thyme, a Mint.com client I've been working on. There is a beta available now. CHeck the Beta Testers forum for details.

2012-10-24_1626 - wenogg's library

diapers

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
The thing is most of these lists end up being specific apps from certain developers. So the petition works best if you ping them directly. I believe almost all the general apps are now on the marketplace.

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Check out a screencast for Money Thyme, a Mint.com client I've been working on. There is a beta available now. CHeck the Beta Testers forum for details.

2012-10-24_1626 - wenogg's library

That looks like a really nice app, and would certainly be a good Mint replacement. However I still would like to functionality to actually move money, pay bills, and reimburse friends. Things I only really trust to a 1st party app for my bank.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss