Facebook for WP 4.0

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I was looking on the marketplace and it states Facebook for WP 4.0 was released on 27th October 2012 logged out, but if i log in, as i have a lumia 900 it then states 2.7 is the latest version. Is this update now only for WP8 customers as this has annoyed me as im having so many problems with the current version. When are WP7 customers going to get this update?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Wmpoweruser says it's for WP8 only. You won't see the update unless you have an WP8 device.

Such a shame since the current FB app is ****.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure the FB app will get updated. They say devs can make apps for both WP7 and WP8 devices. It'll be a dick move if they don't set the tone.

Deano019S

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
My Facebook App is actually working now?

Hey guys,

Great to see a new version of Facebook for WP! Too bad we can't install it :(

I have noticed something though.. the last two days, my Facebook app's notifications have started working again, and there is about 1 minute delay (compared to the usual 5 minute delay).

Dunno how or what happened, but something seems to be happening?

Thanks,
Dean

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
same here, noticed that too... seems to be a bit quicker to get notifications now even with no update, much be something that changed on their server. Also getting the time notification update when it says like "2" or "8" on the fv logo.

Just hoping for v4.0 to be released to everyone...

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna uninstall and reinstall the app. I NEVER get notifications.

I'm getting notifications again! I guess something good did come out of the update.

Last edited:

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna uninstall and reinstall the app. I NEVER get notifications.

I'm getting notifications again! I guess something good did come out of the update.

it was something server side as its still v2.7.0.0 for WP7. v4.0 is only for WP8 (for the moment as far as i know...)

Deano019S

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Are you guys getting updates even for inbox instantly when pinned to start?

I don't know.. I disabled notifications for messages a while ago because whenever I would have a chat on my other device (android tablet), an endless spam of notifications for each message I received would come through...

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I've had my HTC 8X since Nov 2nd and I love it. The only complaint I have is the Facebook app is shockingly bad. Even on WP8. It doesn't update properly, the notifications are sporadic. Generally its crap.

Luckily the phone is so well integrated with social networks that I rarely have to use it.

Lantti

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I think that I have not get any push notifications with facebook 4.0 app. Also usually when app is opened it don't even show new messages automatically --> you need to go messages to check if there are new messages.

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I think that I have not get any push notifications with facebook 4.0 app. Also usually when app is opened it don't even show new messages automatically --> you need to go messages to check if there are new messages.
This is true. Same problems here.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey ! I do not know whether you observed this... The FB website on my laptop at times also do not update properly. I mean when I login to the website, the homepage that pops up sometimes displays posts that are several days old. So what you guys encounter on the FB app may not be due to WP or MS servers. Remember FB got over 1 Billion members, that's alot of load on the FB servers to handle.

GG916

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

I logged on this morning to see if anyone else was having problems with the 4.0 FB app - I see I'm not alone. Same things for me, no notifications, have to refresh when I go in because it isn't doing it on it's own. And I can no longer access my groups! That was a problem in one of the earlier versions that got fixed, now it's not working with the update? WTF :mad:

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey ! I do not know whether you observed this... The FB website on my laptop at times also do not update properly. I mean when I login to the website, the homepage that pops up sometimes displays posts that are several days old. So what you guys encounter on the FB app may not be due to WP or MS servers. Remember FB got over 1 Billion members, that's alot of load on the FB servers to handle.

Its a good point and to a degree I would go along with that but I've just come from owning an iPhone and the Facebook app on there worked reasonably well. Not perfect. It missed a few notifications or needed manually refreshing now and then but generally you could get it to update and work most of the time. The WP8 version is extremely flawed in comparison. It does nothing well except the layout. Everything else is failing in some respects.

Notifications aren't just a bit iffy, they are plain broke. Usually you get the toast notification and when you press it. it takes you to a facebook comment that was there 3 hours ago and doesn't bother showing the latest comment. After refreshing it as many times as I can be bothered it still hasn't show up.

Its damn bad.

I know what you're saying though. Its not necessarily MS who is at fault but it sure is their responsibility to chase it up with FB and get it sorted.

mindfrost82

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
If I could tag people in status updates through the Me/People hub, then I would have almost no use for the Facebook app. I was hoping they would add more tagging abilities in WP8, but I don't see anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077