Endomondo for WP8

makhand

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Did Endomondo start failing for anyone else with a WP8?
It worked for 2.5 workouts for me and now can't catch a signal at all. I complained on twitter and it seems they've pulled it from the marketplace -- at least for WP8.

Somehow I wish we could put some pressure on them. All their updates for the last few months have been android/iphone. They were supposed to take over after Runkeeper abandoned WP8, but seem to have been slacking lately.

Anyone else use them?

Shane

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I use Endomondo as well. I also used Runkeeper until they dropped support. Hopefully Endomondo is just updating the app for WP8 as it does not truly run in the background as it stands. Actually used the app tonight with no issues.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Used it earlier tonight and it logged distance fine. I did notice that the map in the app wouldn't show the route I took but upon checking the website just now it shows up fine.

alaskanjackson

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
the wp7.5 app is working fine on m L900. However I just tried it out on my surface and it seems to be broken. Endomondos support for WP has been poor at best.

alex_49_98

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I see they are not very enthusiastic supporting windows phone 8. I switched to sports tracker. Mobile application work perfect. The web site is not that good and written in Flash but overall it's bearable.

Joseph Davis

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My wife's endomondo app on her lumia 920 will not connect with her facebook account. When you tap on connect through facebook it just spins. Anyone else having this issue? Or how to fix it? Endomondo on my lumia 920 works without issue and I also connect through faceboook.

Carlos Cl

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
i've read that the app only tracks time when working "under" the lock screen (losing the GPS signal?).

but yesterday I tried it and realised that no. that, in addition to the time, it controls distance, route... everything.

only issue it's the poor music player integration (only play/stop?!?!)

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it tracks time, distance, route on the map, altitude, and mile lap times, maybe even more, but the main problem with it is you can't do anything else while it is running or it will stop recording. It has to be open in order for it to work.

I haven't used music with it yet, but the poor integration is one of the complaints people have.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
It got an update today. They fixed the map and added a few features like the social feed. I don't know if it had it before but it (now) has a double wide tile. It also works in the background.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786