Dear Skype, PLEASE let me log out of Skype on Windows Phone 8!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeMcG

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
You can go to status and change it to 'invisible'. Done.
The app doesn't run in the background anyways, your status is kept in the clouds. So don't worry about your battery.

DaveGW

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Like you, I use Skype all day long - and found this forum/thread while trying to figure out how to sign out of Skype on my Lumia 920 each time I get back to the office!!

It's a pain - but I just power down the Lumia 920 ... and then power it up again ... it's all bit neanderthal ... but it works.:amaze:

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Like you, I use Skype all day long - and found this forum/thread while trying to figure out how to sign out of Skype on my Lumia 920 each time I get back to the office!!

It's a pain - but I just power down the Lumia 920 ... and then power it up again ... it's all bit neanderthal ... but it works.:amaze:

You just have to put yourself offline or unavailable, invisible, whatever the option Skype gives you. I'm pretty sure there is one of the three.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if other VoIP providers (e.g. Tango and Viber) are having similar problems as Skype when it comes to WP8? One indication is that these other guys haven't rolled out their services for WP8 yet, and Skype is still in beta, could be that VoIP integration with WP8 isn't an easy process (yet). In order to address customer concerns I wonder if it'd wise on Microsoft's part to just release a full out conventional Skype app for WP8 (i.e. modeled off how the iOS/Android ones function), even though it'd be a drain on the battery. This just needs to be a stopgap until the proper integration business is sorted out.

flyingalan

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
This is insane, just got Nokia 620 and was very happy to find Skype worked immediately, however not so happy that I can't log out.
I have 2 Skype accounts and need to switch between them.
What crazy designer gave me an app I can't log out of.
Back to IOS I guess.
Windows Phone 8 is already way behind the app curve without releasing stupid programs you can't log out of. What is Microsoft thinking of !!!!

Kao Saechao1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I'll agree it does need a log out option when u back out of the app. However i did try it with a friend and she said as soon as i backed out of the skype app i logged out as well. But I would still prefer the log out option.

JMBasquiat

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I used Skype on my Lumia 920 yesterday for the first time (I also have an iPhone 4S and have used the Skype app for years), and it worked great. Dare I say, sound quality was much better than on the iPhone. But today I received a phone call through Skype that reminded me I haven't logged out (unable to, of course). I only use Skype to call my family, so I don't need to be online all day long..

pvwpcentral

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue (not being able to sign out & sign in with a different Skype account) on my brand new shiny red Lumia 920 running WP8. Skype for WP8 simply has no sign out option Not yet anyhow (as of Mar 16, 2013). I did notice that backing out of Skype app takes the user offline - at least it seems so and someone else in this thread reported it as well. It makes sense to do so running on a battery powered device. To cut to the chase, all I needed was to sign in with a different user name (different from my MS account) and remain signed in. So I simply uninstalled Skype app, then re-installed it right back in. It is seamless and only takes a moment. Once re-installed, Skype requested my credentials and happily accepted credentials different from my MS account. Clumsy but functional. Voila... Peter

Peter Veprek

bosh2012

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Uninstalled !!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
either MS lost their mind or they have too many skype users and want to get rid of some. I was really happy to switch to windows phone 8 as i am a MS fan and loved to have the "life without walls". But after i see that MS does build walls (like deciding on behalf of users taking their rights away like a very bad ....) i consider moving back to iphone. Because they have much more apps and looked much better and i can still log off from apps. So Microsoft should seriously consider if they have right people deciding on these things ...

last friday , at work i was in a meeting and my skype started ringing even if i had locked the phone grrrrrrrr, such a shame ...
uninstalling was the only option left. :(

Last edited:

ovancantfort

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Apparently, it is possible to log out in the last version.

Tap on your profile picture, then bring up the menu by tapping .... and tap "Change account". It seems that signs you out.

Also irregularly using Skype. So don't need it permanently logged in...

Hope this helps.

Olivier

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't understand the argument here. You can all ways go offline if you want to. Learn how to use it before complaining.

pointclouds

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Uninstalled !!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
either MS lost their mind or they have too many skype users and want to get rid of some. I was really happy to switch to windows phone 8 as i am a MS fan and loved to have the "life without walls". But after i see that MS does build walls (like deciding on behalf of users taking their rights away like a very bad ....) i consider moving back to iphone. Because they have much more apps and looked much better and i can still log off from apps. So Microsoft should seriously consider if they have right people deciding on these things ...

last friday , at work i was in a meeting and my skype started ringing even if i had locked the phone grrrrrrrr, such a shame ...
uninstalling was the only option left. :(

Can you sign out from your cellular calls?? Can you sign out from Viber? They just want Skype to be integrated into OS just like regular calling.

Some people just can't appreciate from anything.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Can you sign out from your cellular calls?? Can you sign out from Viber? They just want Skype to be integrated into OS just like regular calling.

Some people just can't appreciate from anything.

Quite! Skype's integration is great. If you want your phone to stop ringing, mute it? Sounds easy to me. Just like a phone!

You can go invisible too. And in the latest, as people have said, if you really have to sign out, you can by pressing switch accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett