Whatsapp sucks on WP8

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I couldnt handle whatsapp any longer, thing is a battery killer and messages get hung up on wifi. When using the app, my phone gets really hot, nothing causes my phone to get hot like whatsapp.

Hopefully they update and optimize it better cuz right now it sucks. So out you go.

ON windows phone 7, the app worked fine, but the two subsequent updates on wp7, made it bad and it continues to be on wp8.

Iviansour

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
True.. Whatsapp on windows phone 8 is worse than wp7... And probably any other version of whatsapp on any other OS..
1. Keeps crashing..
2. Problem with sending photos.
3. Problems with sending and receiving messages. Sometimes not going through.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
The only issue I've experienced is the bug with receiving messages, hitting the notification, and then new messages NOT coming up until i go BACK to the start screen, and do the process again.

It's not constant, it's once in a while, so it has't killed my mind YET! I've also used WhatsApp on iPhone, and it was good...however, I'm just glad we have it on WP8, and that it works! Other than that, isn't really bugging me TOO much.

UKBRIT

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
it's worked so far on my 920, but why couldn't they have the same interface as iOS? It just looked much better on an iphone, messages were time and date stamped, wp8 seems just to tell me 1 hour ago, 1 day ago...

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
it's worked so far on my 920, but why couldn't they have the same interface as iOS? It just looked much better on an iphone, messages were time and date stamped, wp8 seems just to tell me 1 hour ago, 1 day ago...

Because as windows phone users we like to be different or the developer is just lazy.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

anon(1019781)

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Whenever a Whatsapp user asks me about Windows Phone, I immediately tell him that Whatsapp is not yet stable on it. I know this is bad for Windows Phone's userbase but nothing is worse for a userbase than people who get on it and start having major issues with their apps.

Windows Phone right now is really only good for WLM and Facebook junkies. All other IM is pretty much absent or really buggy like Whatsapp. Kik seems to be nearly trouble-free for people on WP though.

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
If you work somewhere that has like 20 or more devices connected to wifi at once, do not use this app. I was trying to figure out why some days my battery life is great while some days it drains 40 percent in an hour or two. Then I realized that Whatsapp was the only app I downloaded and the battery drain would happen when I had Whatsapp messages I couldn't view because of the crappy wifi connection.

So either use whatsapp with data only or turn off wifi if it sucks. Hopefully they update it soon.

dhruvz

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
It really does. I'm in the same boat, just switched from a Nexus, never used iOS version, but I can tell you Android/iOS version is leaps and bounds better than WP8.
WP8 version isn't just "lacking", it's down right bug ridden. If you put an Android phone and WP8 phone side by side, 9 out of 10 times WP8 will pull down messages with a non-trivial delay.
The live tile does essentially nothing. In Android, if you open Whatsapp and go to the message list, but don't go into the actual tread, it will still be treated as unread, and the notification will remain in the notification area. If you swipe it away but don't read it, it will reappear in the notification area after a certain period of time to remind you, e.g. 30 minutes or something. In WP8, once you open the app, it's gone. I imagine the number bubble in iOS will also remain unless you actually read it.
Notifications are a total hit and miss, some times they come up, some times they don't at all, and you need to manually open the application to get it to pull messages, and then out of nowhere 30 notifications come jumping out and the phone doesn't even have enough time to stop between vibrations.
Then comes actual messaging. I have experienced more than enough times where the massage will not send, or at least appear that way with a ( / ) crossed out icon. I need to back out, i.e. close (not suspend by hitting "home"), of Whatsapp and re-open it to get it to send.
And sharing. This is probably more of a WP8 issue than a Whatsapp issue, I'm not sure. In Android, you can select "send picture", and choose images from practically any installed application that has images, i.e. Dropbox, Gallery, File Explorer, and god forbid even Skydrive (which is actually pretty nice on Android too, albeit a bit slow on loading content). But on WP8, you can't even attach images from MSFT's own SkyDrive, which is pretty sad.

But yeah, those are a few things I have complaints about.
I like the phone, but developer support is still lacking at the moment, that's a fact.

Edit: And if I'm not mistaken Whatsapp is not yet updated for WP8, which is probably what the leak was about. That might be the problem, time will tell. At the moment, it's terrible.

I agree with almost all the points....would also add that the emoticons on Whatsapp are a waste...they showup as something else, and when sent, turn out to be something else :eck:.... also, cannot share any pictures after the (useless/broken) update...

Baryex86

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I know we got the update, but did anything change? I cant seem to find any difference.
t

To me its the first time that I actually got to use WhatsApp and it is very responsive, snappy and fast. Wish it had live tiles and screen notification. Very impressed with the app so far.

jin8k

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
WhatsApp drains the battery ? Is it wifi specific? Did you test it ?

When I used iPhone, I was a heavy user of whatsapp with my friends having iphone or android. It was very fast and didnt affect battery drain.

Now, I installed it on my lumia 920 when it became available a few days ago, and after two days of use, I uninstalled it, because it was graphically horrible and seemed to cause battery drain.

I noticed that when you start whatsapp, the music player starts. I googled and it seems that the app is mimicking as a music player so it can stay online and running in background. This is probably why the battery drains faster. Try to use the volume up/down button when whatsapp is running in background. you will notice that the volume toast will contain media control with empty song information...

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone noticed all the Nokia tweets yesterday claiming they helped Whatsapp with the new app? That worries me because I thought they were working on a totally revamped app like they announced, not that PoS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb