03-31-2014 09:58 PM
81 1234
tools
    Make sure to let Snapchat know how interested WP users are by taking their device incompatibility survey!
    Doffen and xandros9 like this.
    04-15-2013 06:20 AM
    bumpchat for snapchat. now that we basically have instagram, give me snapchat and I will shut up forever! lol
    YCSMD, CalumSK and iboypx like this.
    05-17-2013 08:01 PM
    Bump. Hopefully we get some news sometime soon. In the meanwhile, I will send another email to the SnapChat team letting them know the market for Windows Phone is only growing and interest is not going away.
    05-24-2013 11:50 AM
    Bump. Hopefully we get some news sometime soon. In the meanwhile, I will send another email to the SnapChat team letting them know the market for Windows Phone is only growing and interest is not going away.
    UPDATE: Awaiting a response from Snapchat. I wrote a lengthy email describing the community interest in Snapchat and the potential benefits of bringing the app to Windows Phone. I'll inform you all with any news I receive, if any.
    05-24-2013 12:25 PM
    UPDATE: Awaiting a response from Snapchat. I wrote a lengthy email describing the community interest in Snapchat and the potential benefits of bringing the app to Windows Phone. I'll inform you all with any news I receive, if any.
    hopefully you get more than the standard email they've sent to pretty much everyone else
    05-24-2013 12:27 PM
    hopefully you get more than the standard email they've sent to pretty much everyone else
    Yeah, I doubt they'll read it all... they'll probably stop after they see it has something to do with WP. But let's hope :D
    05-24-2013 08:15 PM
    LATEST: Here is the response I received from Snapchat:
    "Hi there,

Thank you for your email. Although Snapchat is not currently compatible with your device, we are continuously expanding our support to new devices. We appreciate your feedback and will take it into account as we prioritize our development resources.

Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Best wishes,
    Team Snapchat"

I am not certain, however, I would like to think that this is not a canned response and that they really mean what they said. I suppose there may be a better chance of more information on the future of Snapchat and other missing WP apps as Windows Phone, iOS, and Android all get OS revisions over the next couple of months.
    05-24-2013 10:37 PM
    LATEST: Here is the response I received from Snapchat:
    "Hi there,

Thank you for your email. Although Snapchat is not currently compatible with your device, we are continuously expanding our support to new devices. We appreciate your feedback and will take it into account as we prioritize our development resources.

Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Best wishes,
    Team Snapchat"

I am not certain, however, I would like to think that this is not a canned response and that they really mean what they said. I suppose there may be a better chance of more information on the future of Snapchat and other missing WP apps as Windows Phone, iOS, and Android all get OS revisions over the next couple of months.
    This is the response they've been sending to everyone asking about WP. Not sure what it means for us.
    05-24-2013 11:42 PM
    Well guys, the development community wasn't going to sit around forever on this issue it seems: Neue Bits. The guy working on Vine? Yeah, he'll also be working on bringing Snapchat to Windows Phone as well.
    05-25-2013 04:59 PM
    Thats the same canned us Blackberry users have been getting about SnapChat. Hopefully something comes soon it seems by the time WP/BB gets an app the fads about over :/
    05-25-2013 05:30 PM
    Exactly, a few girls have asked me if I have Snapchat. I have to see what they want to send me! LOL
    odoggyfresh and xandros9 like this.
    05-25-2013 10:09 PM
    I would love if windows would allow more apps like Snapchat. We are so limited and it is frustrating to not be able to have what Android users have. PLEEEEEAASE get the apps :)
    It's not about Windows Phone "allowing" it, it's about the app developers making for Windows themselves. Just as they did for Android & iPhone.
    05-25-2013 10:17 PM
    If we go to the Support on their website. There is a dropdown where we can add us on a mailing list, to get notification when the app will be available for our device. Just go to Snapchat -> Support -> Technical Support -> My device is incompatible :( -> Windows Phone and add your mail adress.
    I get an error every time I press send... from a google URL.
    05-25-2013 10:21 PM
    I would also like to have snapchat on my wp8 along with all the other apps i used to have on my android phone, i love my windows phone but miss all the apps i used to have, all my friends have snapchat and i cant get it cause of my windows phone :(
    06-14-2013 07:23 AM
    I would also like to have snapchat on my wp8 along with all the other apps i used to have on my android phone, i love my windows phone but miss all the apps i used to have, all my friends have snapchat and i cant get it cause of my windows phone :(
    You can now! Search for SwapChat in the Windows Phone Store. There's a free version with ads and a paid version without. It's not official but it works.
    06-14-2013 09:33 PM
    I was very tempted to switch back to my old samsung after finding out windows phone doesn't have snapchat..
    If it hadn't been sold just before my finding out I would have done
    06-16-2013 02:40 PM
    I was very tempted to switch back to my old samsung after finding out windows phone doesn't have snapchat..
    If it hadn't been sold just before my finding out I would have done
    this doesn't fix our problems with developers not bringing apps.
    06-16-2013 02:56 PM
    Snapchat is coming for windows phone 8 .. it was already stated in WPCentral before .. while waiting for the official app we can use Swapchat or Instance creator's upcoming ChatSnap ! ;)
    berty6294 likes this.
    06-16-2013 04:02 PM
    Yeh SwapChat works just fine! And ChatSnap is going to be better than the official app just like Instance is better than the official! Support these small devs, they do an incredible job and deserve some attention!
    06-16-2013 10:18 PM
    Is there a way to write TEXT Messages on snapchat/swapchat? I can only send pics!
    06-23-2013 12:47 PM
    it is ridiculous i had a iphone 5 and went to this because i needed it to run my fathers business and no snapchat. i find it very unprofessional and far fetched that windows 8 doesnt have snapchat what happened to the new awesome windows 8 phone thats so much better than the iphones
    07-30-2013 01:08 AM
    what is swapchat?
    07-30-2013 01:09 AM
    I thought snapchat (official) was supposed to come out late this month. Today is the last day of this month sooooooooooo............ Especially since when I got the 925 in the US I couldn't download swapchat cuz it was pulled for some reason that I cannot remember. Snap hat don't fail me!!!......... U have 7hrs (Central Time US, UTC-06:00) before u betray me
    07-31-2013 04:59 PM
    wasnt supposed to come end of this month. Was just supposed to come
    07-31-2013 05:14 PM
    wasnt supposed to come end of this month. Was just supposed to come
    I am be wrong but I'll dou le check some the articles I remember it being mentioned on
    08-05-2013 02:55 PM
81 1234