The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
03-20-2014 03:44 PM
164 ... 34567
tools
    This is amazing. Can't even describe how disappointed I am in MLB.
    I wouldn't be too hard on MLB. They are a business, not a charity.
    04-01-2013 08:06 PM
    They had an app for the Pre. WP is already far more successful.

To assume they wouldn't make a profit is exactly that - an assumption.

Calling it charity is ridiculous. Or just say it about all wp apps and see how that goes.
    04-01-2013 09:32 PM
    Microsoft just released the MLB.tv app for Windows 8/RT today. I wonder, despite MLB claiming that no app is being developed for WP, if an app is right around the corner. If they developed it for RT, the WP8 app would be very similar.
    04-01-2013 10:12 PM
    Microsoft just released the MLB.tv app for Windows 8/RT today. I wonder, despite MLB claiming that no app is being developed for WP, if an app is right around the corner. If they developed it for RT, the WP8 app would be very similar.
    there are even fewer people using rt than wp8. Hopefully one is on the way
    04-01-2013 10:51 PM
    To assume they wouldn't make a profit is exactly that - an assumption.
    Yes you are 100% correct; it certainly is an assumption. An assumption based on the likelihood that if MLB thought a WP app would yield a profitable ROI, they would do it. I don't think they are not making a WP app for the sake of snubbing WP. If MLB thought it would pay, they would do it.

When MLB had an app for the Pre, did the Pre have <3% market share?
    04-01-2013 11:27 PM
    The problem there though is that it's not an MLB At Bat app; it's a MLB.tv app. While it presumably would be ported pretty easily, I'm not sure that it means anything for an actual At Bat app. Personally, I'd take either one on my phone though.
    04-01-2013 11:30 PM
    Much smaller than that. I don't think they ever got above 1.5% market share.
    04-01-2013 11:31 PM
    Yes you are 100% correct; it certainly is an assumption. An assumption based on the likelihood that if MLB thought a WP app would yield a profitable ROI, they would do it. I don't think they are not making a WP app for the sake of snubbing WP. If MLB thought it would pay, they would do it.

Nowhere near a 3., which is why I made the point.

You seem to think you've really nailed your case but, again, it's just an assumption. They could just as easily think wp8 is going to fail and have decided not to build the app. Or they could have made an agreement with Google not to create the app in return for Google pushing the app on Android/ Or they could be building it - the fact that they built one for RT makes your entire point about charity even more ridiculous. Lots of possibilities.

As I said, you're assumption is nothing more and that's why I've decided to not give a **** why and focus on it not existing.
    04-02-2013 12:14 AM
    Just tried the W8 app, yet again developers refuse to implement volume controls in apps. Can't even mute the sound, I'll use it when I output it to my HDTV, but most of the time I just enjoy having the game on while doing other things at my PC like listening to music, skype, gaming, etc.

So Xbox, W8, but no WP8...silly
    04-02-2013 10:16 AM
    I loved the At Bat app when I was on Android. None for WP makes me sad :(
    04-02-2013 10:27 AM
    Nowhere near a 3., which is why I made the point.

You seem to think you've really nailed your case but, again, it's just an assumption. They could just as easily think wp8 is going to fail and have decided not to build the app. Or they could have made an agreement with Google not to create the app in return for Google pushing the app on Android/ Or they could be building it - the fact that they built one for RT makes your entire point about charity even more ridiculous. Lots of possibilities.

As I said, you're assumption is nothing more and that's why I've decided to not give a **** why and focus on it not existing.
    Well I think all the reasons we're coming up with are assumptions. But yours are probably more realistic than mine.
    04-02-2013 11:12 AM
    Every little bit counts...just scowering the Twittersphere to see if anyone was starting a riot yet...and found this thread at the support page.

MLB At Bat 13
    04-02-2013 01:26 PM
    Well, there is a Windows 8 app now, can a WP8 be far behind?
    04-03-2013 10:10 AM
    Well, there is a Windows 8 app now, can a WP8 be far behind?
    Again, not an At Bat app, but a simplified version that only shows video streams.
    04-03-2013 10:39 AM
    I'd be happy with audio.
    04-03-2013 01:52 PM
    Popular and much desired App's will make the platform work or it wont. A fast, functional and pretty interface will not grow the platform if it does not include the most desired App's. It's about entertainment not software.

If Microsoft is really committed to the success of Windows Phone they need to invest more money and time in getting the most wanted 500 Apps on board.
    04-08-2013 11:26 AM
    Every little bit counts...just scowering the Twittersphere to see if anyone was starting a riot yet...and found this thread at the support page.

MLB At Bat 13

everybody that wants this app needs/should to go on here and vote!!!! Lets have our voices heard
    04-08-2013 01:09 PM
    and just to throw my 2 cents in I would also be very happy with just audio so that I can at least listen to my BrewCrew at home, work, walking the dog the possibilities are endless!! haha
    04-08-2013 01:11 PM
    Sadly, it doesn't appear that AT Bat 13 is coming anytime soon. One of the few apps that I would gladly pay for and it's not available.
    04-08-2013 03:17 PM
    everybody that wants this app needs/should to go on here and vote!!!! Lets have our voices heard
    It's not up to Microsoft to make an app for the MLB. These are wasted votes/suggestions. It'd be better served contacting MLB directly.

I don't ask Coca-Cola to make more Cherry Pepsi.
    04-09-2013 08:48 AM
    It's not up to Microsoft to make an app for the MLB. These are wasted votes/suggestions. It'd be better served contacting MLB directly.

I don't ask Coca-Cola to make more Cherry Pepsi.
    Terrible analogy.

We aren't asking the NFL to make an MLB app...we are showing there is a collective of MS Users that would like an MLB app. MLB won't want to make it on their own because they are terrible programmers...we are most likely going to need cash from MS to get the deal done.

We are asking Kroger to carry Vanilla Coke in the hopes they will be able to take our unified voice back the bottler to get something done....because we all hate Giant Eagle and don't want to have to take the business elsewhere to get our Vanilla Coke!
    Last edited by Curtieson; 04-09-2013 at 12:37 PM.
    pavvento likes this.
    04-09-2013 10:02 AM
    Just got of the phone with MLB Advanced Media support and they told me that the At Bat 2013 app for WP8 is coming. No release date but it is coming. I asked to speak to second line support since the first person I talked to did not have command of the English language and gave me conflicting answers. I was escalated to second line support and they told me specifically that there would be an At Bat 2013 for WP8 out, just no date yet. Hope this helps everyone, I am just as frustrated as everyone else.
    mwailes likes this.
    04-10-2013 04:00 PM
    Just got of the phone with MLB Advanced Media support and they told me that the At Bat 2013 app for WP8 is coming. No release date but it is coming. I asked to speak to second line support since the first person I talked to did not have command of the English language and gave me conflicting answers. I was escalated to second line support and they told me specifically that there would be an At Bat 2013 for WP8 out, just no date yet. Hope this helps everyone, I am just as frustrated as everyone else.
    I seem to remember last year they released it around mid season(?) for WP7. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there at the start of the season. Better late than never I guess
    04-10-2013 04:09 PM
    Way cool. But...*fingers crossed* it does video and comes out in April.
    04-10-2013 04:20 PM
    Way cool. But...*fingers crossed* it does video and comes out in April.
    ...and alows for current paid subscibers of MLB.TV to log in and use their account...
    04-11-2013 12:07 PM
164 ... 34567