03-20-2014 03:44 PM
164 ... 4567
tools
    If you have an MLB.tv subscription, go here (MLB.tv support forums) and post about it! Show them how many WP users are willing to buy their damn app.
    04-11-2013 04:56 PM
    If you have an MLB.tv subscription, go here (MLB.tv support forums) and post about it! Show them how many WP users are willing to buy their damn app.
    I've posted a thread there, please contribute to it!

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/foru...lp01&tid=19427
    dainla likes this.
    04-11-2013 06:17 PM
    BlackBerry Wants Regulators to Probe Reports of Z10 Returns | Fox Business

If those reports are true, I have to laugh at BB getting an app before we do!
    04-12-2013 02:35 PM
    Just got of the phone with MLB Advanced Media support and they told me that the At Bat 2013 app for WP8 is coming. No release date but it is coming. I asked to speak to second line support since the first person I talked to did not have command of the English language and gave me conflicting answers. I was escalated to second line support and they told me specifically that there would be an At Bat 2013 for WP8 out, just no date yet. Hope this helps everyone, I am just as frustrated as everyone else.
    Can anyone else confirm this? In my experience, MLBAM's customer service reps don't know anything about ANYTHING. I'll remain cautiously optimistic about this one...
    04-13-2013 06:50 AM
    Bad news, here's what the moderator had to say in the latest forum post on the support forums regarding At Bat for WP8: "does not look like this will be happening any time soon."

We need more people over there!
    04-16-2013 01:23 PM
    I wish I could post in their forums but I don't have an MLB.TV subscription so I can't even get into their forums. I did find this page though. I used it to write a complaint in response to an email ad I got from MLB asking me to download the At Bat app. I made sure to keep it civil though. Unfortunately, all I got was a standard response:

Thank you for your suggestion.

We are always looking for ways to enhance our features and service.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact Customer Service toll-free at 866-800-1275.

Sincerely,

MLB.com Customer Service
    Not encouraging.
    04-16-2013 01:48 PM
    When asked if it was safe to assume if it wasn't coming at all, the moderator said "i wouldnt say not at all, but i wouldnt say its going to be available soon either." thed, yeah thats the standard respond when you ask them via email. Pretty disappointing.
    04-16-2013 01:53 PM
    MLB.com's CEO Bob Bowman at the AllThingsD.com conference:

"There's no third platform. It's iOS and Android."
    https://twitter.com/JohnPaczkowski/s...83391992274944
    04-16-2013 05:21 PM
    That would statement from the CEO would carry a lot of weight if At Bat wasn't available for Blackberry.
    04-16-2013 05:56 PM
    That would statement from the CEO would carry a lot of weight if At Bat wasn't available for Blackberry.
    "MLB's Bowman: "We hope blackberry comes back. We think the Z10 is a nice device.""
    https://twitter.com/JohnPaczkowski/s...76600092897280

I have the feeling MLB.com aren't a big fan of Windows

No MLB at Bat app on W8 (only a MLB TV app) and no WP8 support in sight
    04-16-2013 06:13 PM
    Ok, that one doesn't bode well for us.
    04-16-2013 06:15 PM
    MLB.com's CEO Bob Bowman at the AllThingsD.com conference:

"There's no third platform. It's iOS and Android."
    https://twitter.com/JohnPaczkowski/s...83391992274944
    This is where Twitter COMPLETELY fails. That quote was COMPLETELY out of context in the interview. He wasn't stating that they refuse to make one for WP8, he was saying there are no WP8 users.

The guy asked "What is the current user split between Android, iOS, and Other". And the guy responded "Well, there is no measurable Other, it is Android and iOS only, the Other is less than a percentage point"

There are no Windows Phone users because it isn't available!

Ahhh, that was way too short of a clip, we need the whole interview.
    MLB.com's Bob Bowman on Apple, Android, Samsung, BlackBerry - Peter Kafka - Dive Into Mobile - AllThingsD

I mean, it is pretty obvious...no iSheep bashing intended, but people that just drop $200-$400 for a phone because it is the popular model are also the type that don't research a ton into free/cheap alternatives for apps and don't blink an eye at a $20 MLB app. People that walk in to get a 'free phone' aren't going to have the cash to go and drop $20 for 1 app, and those people are 50%+ of the Android share. They need to realize that WP8 users are a happy middle ground. We don't just throw money away like MLB's cashcow (iOS users) but we are willing to spend $ where it is needed unlike most Android users.
    04-17-2013 08:19 AM
    I mean, it is pretty obvious...no iSheep bashing intended, but people that just drop $200-$400 for a phone because it is the popular model are also the type that don't research a ton into free/cheap alternatives for apps and don't blink an eye at a $20 MLB app. People that walk in to get a 'free phone' aren't going to have the cash to go and drop $20 for 1 app, and those people are 50%+ of the Android share. They need to realize that WP8 users are a happy middle ground. We don't just throw money away like MLB's cashcow (iOS users) but we are willing to spend $ where it is needed unlike most Android users.
    There are also users that don't pay for the app. I have the season MLB.tv subscription, which includes the premium MLB At Bat app. I use a Nexus 4 & an iPhone 5, and I got the app at no cost on both devices. I simply downloaded the free version, logged in with my MLB account, and the app was automatically upgraded to the premium version after verifying my account includes MLB.tv.
    04-17-2013 08:35 AM
    There are also users that don't pay for the app. I have the season MLB.tv subscription, which includes the premium MLB At Bat app. I use a Nexus 4 & an iPhone 5, and I got the app at no cost on both devices. I simply downloaded the free version, logged in with my MLB account, and the app was automatically upgraded to the premium version after verifying my account includes MLB.tv.
    I understand that, but they do not care about those people as they already got the money up front. In the interview they weren't talking about those 'premium' class members, just the people they could get the $20 from.

My assumption would have been that there are not many $20 buyers, that there would be more people getting it for free because they dropped the $130...but the interview made me think that was not the case.
    04-17-2013 08:48 AM
    I have a Nokia Lumia 710. I had MLB at Bat 2012 last year. I don't remember how I downloaded it. It was on their website. I believe I downloaded on the app store for iphone, but now they are looking to download itunes and my phone won't download itunes. I texted mlb. No help there. I am now calling mlb customer service. Let you know what happens.
    04-17-2013 12:25 PM
    MLB At Bat Customer Service was a bust. They said to check the website from time to time. I am not happy!!
    04-17-2013 12:49 PM
    Once again, if you have an MLB tv subscription, go here and ask for it. We need to get their attention.
    04-17-2013 02:54 PM
    I went and started a thread. If you have a subscription please add to it

http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...s/206484-6.htm

The thread is getting support and replies from others that are not happy.

Bad news is this reply from moderator......"We are unaware of any plans for Windows phone support but we will submit your request for future support."
    04-18-2013 10:04 AM
    I went and started a thread. If you have a subscription please add to it
    Your link is broken, it just points back to THIS thread on WPCentral.
    04-18-2013 01:08 PM
    Hopefully this link will work:

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/foru...lp01&tid=19545

FWIW, the "MLBForumAdmin" said "We have submitted your feedback to our mobile team," but until the thread is closed or deleted I feel like more folks might as well pile on, eh?
    04-18-2013 05:19 PM
    The "We have submitted your feedback..." line is their standard response, but I don't anything actually gets submitted. If it does, no one cares. Every time I go on those forums there's a thread asking for WP8 app, and when the thread closes another one pops up. There's clearly a demand for it, so I don't know what the problem could be, other than an obvious dislike for MS and/or the WP platform.
    04-19-2013 01:59 PM
    http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/4/29...s-live-streams

Think we could use some sort of a IP mask and this service to get streaming games on our phones? Is there even an IP service for WP8?
    04-29-2013 10:16 PM
    After content lockdown, MLB expands YouTube partnership | The Verge

Think we could use some sort of a IP mask and this service to get streaming games on our phones? Is there even an IP service for WP8?
    It's possible to use a VPN on a PC to watch blacked out games, but the MLB At Bat app on Android seems to notice VPNs and it doesn't work. On a WP it might be possible if you're using the browser, except of course for the little issue of WP not supporting VPNs. Maybe there's another IP masking method usable on a WP; I don't know.
    04-29-2013 11:08 PM
    Here is a little salt to apply...

From tmonews.com:

To celebrate T-Mobile as the Official Wireless Sponsor of Major League Baseball, we are offering FREE access to the official app of Major League Baseball, MLB.com At Bat 13 ($19.99 value). Beginning May 1 to June 30 T-Mobile customers can download the MLB.com At Bat 13 application from Google Play Store and the Apple App Store. This season-long access will provide customers with:

Free live MLB.TV streaming Game of the Day
    Access to live home and away radio broadcasts from around the league
    Highlights, scores, and more from the day’s games around the league

Offer Requirements

Offer only available May 1 – June 30.
    Offer is available to new and existing customers.
    Must be on the T-Mobile network to initially download the app to meet validation requirements.
    Offer is available for download from Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
    Compatible devices include:
    Android phones and tablets (OS 2.2 or later).
    iPhones and iPads 3GS/4/4S/5, (iOS 5.0 or later).
    MLB.com At Bat is released every year for the new baseball season. This offer provides full access to the 2013 MLB season only.

Restrictions

App is not available for Windows Phone devices; Offer is not available for Blackberry devices.
    Offer not available to customers who previously purchased the MLB.com At Bat app prior to May 1.
    Not available for download on Wi-Fi or while roaming.
    After download and registration, you may access the app over Wi-Fi.
    MLB.TV and/or additional in-app purchases are not included in this offer
    04-30-2013 04:42 PM
    Here is a little salt to apply...

From tmonews.com:

To celebrate T-Mobile as the Official Wireless Sponsor of Major League Baseball, we are offering FREE access to the official app of Major League Baseball, MLB.com At Bat 13 ($19.99 value). Beginning May 1 to June 30 T-Mobile customers can download the MLB.com At Bat 13 application from Google Play Store and the Apple App Store. This season-long access will provide customers with:

Free live MLB.TV streaming Game of the Day
    Access to live home and away radio broadcasts from around the league
    Highlights, scores, and more from the day’s games around the league

Offer Requirements

Offer only available May 1 – June 30.
    Offer is available to new and existing customers.
    Must be on the T-Mobile network to initially download the app to meet validation requirements.
    Offer is available for download from Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
    Compatible devices include:
    Android phones and tablets (OS 2.2 or later).
    iPhones and iPads 3GS/4/4S/5, (iOS 5.0 or later).
    MLB.com At Bat is released every year for the new baseball season. This offer provides full access to the 2013 MLB season only.

Restrictions

App is not available for Windows Phone devices; Offer is not available for Blackberry devices.
    Offer not available to customers who previously purchased the MLB.com At Bat app prior to May 1.
    Not available for download on Wi-Fi or while roaming.
    After download and registration, you may access the app over Wi-Fi.
    MLB.TV and/or additional in-app purchases are not included in this offer
    At least they're upfront about screwing their users over. I've complained to Verizon repeatedly about the lack of NHL Gamecenter and the fact that their ads explicitly claim to be on "all 4G lte smartphone and tablets" which they tried to BS their way out of by saying it was only for the upgrade from standard to premium. Even if that was the case it's still horrifically misleading.
    pavvento likes this.
    05-01-2013 01:19 AM
164 ... 4567