MLB At Bat for WP 8

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
They had an app for the Pre. WP is already far more successful.

To assume they wouldn't make a profit is exactly that - an assumption.

Calling it charity is ridiculous. Or just say it about all wp apps and see how that goes.

jardando

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft just released the MLB.tv app for Windows 8/RT today. I wonder, despite MLB claiming that no app is being developed for WP, if an app is right around the corner. If they developed it for RT, the WP8 app would be very similar.

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft just released the MLB.tv app for Windows 8/RT today. I wonder, despite MLB claiming that no app is being developed for WP, if an app is right around the corner. If they developed it for RT, the WP8 app would be very similar.

there are even fewer people using rt than wp8. Hopefully one is on the way

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
To assume they wouldn't make a profit is exactly that - an assumption.

Yes you are 100% correct; it certainly is an assumption. An assumption based on the likelihood that if MLB thought a WP app would yield a profitable ROI, they would do it. I don't think they are not making a WP app for the sake of snubbing WP. If MLB thought it would pay, they would do it.

When MLB had an app for the Pre, did the Pre have <3% market share?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site

The problem there though is that it's not an MLB At Bat app; it's a MLB.tv app. While it presumably would be ported pretty easily, I'm not sure that it means anything for an actual At Bat app. Personally, I'd take either one on my phone though.

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes you are 100% correct; it certainly is an assumption. An assumption based on the likelihood that if MLB thought a WP app would yield a profitable ROI, they would do it. I don't think they are not making a WP app for the sake of snubbing WP. If MLB thought it would pay, they would do it.

When MLB had an app for the Pre, did the Pre have <3% market share?
Nowhere near a 3., which is why I made the point.

You seem to think you've really nailed your case but, again, it's just an assumption. They could just as easily think wp8 is going to fail and have decided not to build the app. Or they could have made an agreement with Google not to create the app in return for Google pushing the app on Android/ Or they could be building it - the fact that they built one for RT makes your entire point about charity even more ridiculous. Lots of possibilities.

As I said, you're assumption is nothing more and that's why I've decided to not give a **** why and focus on it not existing.

Letros

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Just tried the W8 app, yet again developers refuse to implement volume controls in apps. Can't even mute the sound, I'll use it when I output it to my HDTV, but most of the time I just enjoy having the game on while doing other things at my PC like listening to music, skype, gaming, etc.

So Xbox, W8, but no WP8...silly

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Nowhere near a 3., which is why I made the point.

You seem to think you've really nailed your case but, again, it's just an assumption. They could just as easily think wp8 is going to fail and have decided not to build the app. Or they could have made an agreement with Google not to create the app in return for Google pushing the app on Android/ Or they could be building it - the fact that they built one for RT makes your entire point about charity even more ridiculous. Lots of possibilities.

As I said, you're assumption is nothing more and that's why I've decided to not give a **** why and focus on it not existing.

Well I think all the reasons we're coming up with are assumptions. :confused: But yours are probably more realistic than mine.

w8vi

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Popular and much desired App's will make the platform work or it wont. A fast, functional and pretty interface will not grow the platform if it does not include the most desired App's. It's about entertainment not software.

If Microsoft is really committed to the success of Windows Phone they need to invest more money and time in getting the most wanted 500 Apps on board.

adamjolin

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
and just to throw my 2 cents in I would also be very happy with just audio so that I can at least listen to my BrewCrew at home, work, walking the dog the possibilities are endless!! haha

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Sadly, it doesn't appear that AT Bat 13 is coming anytime soon. One of the few apps that I would gladly pay for and it's not available.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
everybody that wants this app needs/should to go on here and vote!!!! Lets have our voices heard

It's not up to Microsoft to make an app for the MLB. These are wasted votes/suggestions. It'd be better served contacting MLB directly.

I don't ask Coca-Cola to make more Cherry Pepsi.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo