MLB At Bat for WP 8

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
It's not up to Microsoft to make an app for the MLB. These are wasted votes/suggestions. It'd be better served contacting MLB directly.

I don't ask Coca-Cola to make more Cherry Pepsi.

Terrible analogy.

We aren't asking the NFL to make an MLB app...we are showing there is a collective of MS Users that would like an MLB app. MLB won't want to make it on their own because they are terrible programmers...we are most likely going to need cash from MS to get the deal done.

We are asking Kroger to carry Vanilla Coke in the hopes they will be able to take our unified voice back the bottler to get something done....because we all hate Giant Eagle and don't want to have to take the business elsewhere to get our Vanilla Coke!

Last edited:

pns3456

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Just got of the phone with MLB Advanced Media support and they told me that the At Bat 2013 app for WP8 is coming. No release date but it is coming. I asked to speak to second line support since the first person I talked to did not have command of the English language and gave me conflicting answers. I was escalated to second line support and they told me specifically that there would be an At Bat 2013 for WP8 out, just no date yet. Hope this helps everyone, I am just as frustrated as everyone else.

MRKV

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just got of the phone with MLB Advanced Media support and they told me that the At Bat 2013 app for WP8 is coming. No release date but it is coming. I asked to speak to second line support since the first person I talked to did not have command of the English language and gave me conflicting answers. I was escalated to second line support and they told me specifically that there would be an At Bat 2013 for WP8 out, just no date yet. Hope this helps everyone, I am just as frustrated as everyone else.

I seem to remember last year they released it around mid season(?) for WP7. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there at the start of the season. Better late than never I guess

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

Way cool. But...*fingers crossed* it does video and comes out in April.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

Can anyone else confirm this? In my experience, MLBAM's customer service reps don't know anything about ANYTHING. I'll remain cautiously optimistic about this one...

wilcoholic

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Bad news, here's what the moderator had to say in the latest forum post on the support forums regarding At Bat for WP8: "does not look like this will be happening any time soon."

We need more people over there!

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could post in their forums but I don't have an MLB.TV subscription so I can't even get into their forums. I did find this page though. I used it to write a complaint in response to an email ad I got from MLB asking me to download the At Bat app. I made sure to keep it civil though. Unfortunately, all I got was a standard response:

Thank you for your suggestion.

We are always looking for ways to enhance our features and service.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact Customer Service toll-free at 866-800-1275.

Sincerely,

MLB.com Customer Service

Not encouraging.

wilcoholic

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
When asked if it was safe to assume if it wasn't coming at all, the moderator said "i wouldnt say not at all, but i wouldnt say its going to be available soon either." thed, yeah thats the standard respond when you ask them via email. Pretty disappointing.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
MLB.com's CEO Bob Bowman at the AllThingsD.com conference:

"There's no third platform. It's iOS and Android."
https://twitter.com/JohnPaczkowski/status/324283391992274944

This is where Twitter COMPLETELY fails. That quote was COMPLETELY out of context in the interview. He wasn't stating that they refuse to make one for WP8, he was saying there are no WP8 users.

The guy asked "What is the current user split between Android, iOS, and Other". And the guy responded "Well, there is no measurable Other, it is Android and iOS only, the Other is less than a percentage point"

There are no Windows Phone users because it isn't available!

Ahhh, that was way too short of a clip, we need the whole interview.
MLB.com's Bob Bowman on Apple, Android, Samsung, BlackBerry - Peter Kafka - Dive Into Mobile - AllThingsD

I mean, it is pretty obvious...no iSheep bashing intended, but people that just drop $200-$400 for a phone because it is the popular model are also the type that don't research a ton into free/cheap alternatives for apps and don't blink an eye at a $20 MLB app. People that walk in to get a 'free phone' aren't going to have the cash to go and drop $20 for 1 app, and those people are 50%+ of the Android share. They need to realize that WP8 users are a happy middle ground. We don't just throw money away like MLB's cashcow (iOS users) but we are willing to spend $ where it is needed unlike most Android users.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I mean, it is pretty obvious...no iSheep bashing intended, but people that just drop $200-$400 for a phone because it is the popular model are also the type that don't research a ton into free/cheap alternatives for apps and don't blink an eye at a $20 MLB app. People that walk in to get a 'free phone' aren't going to have the cash to go and drop $20 for 1 app, and those people are 50%+ of the Android share. They need to realize that WP8 users are a happy middle ground. We don't just throw money away like MLB's cashcow (iOS users) but we are willing to spend $ where it is needed unlike most Android users.

There are also users that don't pay for the app. I have the season MLB.tv subscription, which includes the premium MLB At Bat app. I use a Nexus 4 & an iPhone 5, and I got the app at no cost on both devices. I simply downloaded the free version, logged in with my MLB account, and the app was automatically upgraded to the premium version after verifying my account includes MLB.tv.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
There are also users that don't pay for the app. I have the season MLB.tv subscription, which includes the premium MLB At Bat app. I use a Nexus 4 & an iPhone 5, and I got the app at no cost on both devices. I simply downloaded the free version, logged in with my MLB account, and the app was automatically upgraded to the premium version after verifying my account includes MLB.tv.

I understand that, but they do not care about those people as they already got the money up front. In the interview they weren't talking about those 'premium' class members, just the people they could get the $20 from.

My assumption would have been that there are not many $20 buyers, that there would be more people getting it for free because they dropped the $130...but the interview made me think that was not the case.

strtrek

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 710. I had MLB at Bat 2012 last year. I don't remember how I downloaded it. It was on their website. I believe I downloaded on the app store for iphone, but now they are looking to download itunes and my phone won't download itunes. I texted mlb. No help there. I am now calling mlb customer service. Let you know what happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss