MLB At Bat for WP 8

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
The "We have submitted your feedback..." line is their standard response, but I don't anything actually gets submitted. If it does, no one cares. Every time I go on those forums there's a thread asking for WP8 app, and when the thread closes another one pops up. There's clearly a demand for it, so I don't know what the problem could be, other than an obvious dislike for MS and/or the WP platform.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
After content lockdown, MLB expands YouTube partnership | The Verge

Think we could use some sort of a IP mask and this service to get streaming games on our phones? Is there even an IP service for WP8?

It's possible to use a VPN on a PC to watch blacked out games, but the MLB At Bat app on Android seems to notice VPNs and it doesn't work. On a WP it might be possible if you're using the browser, except of course for the little issue of WP not supporting VPNs. Maybe there's another IP masking method usable on a WP; I don't know.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Let me apply some salt...

Here is a little salt to apply...

From tmonews.com:

To celebrate T-Mobile as the Official Wireless Sponsor of Major League Baseball, we are offering FREE access to the official app of Major League Baseball, MLB.com At Bat? 13 ($19.99 value). Beginning May 1 to June 30 T-Mobile customers can download the MLB.com At Bat 13 application from Google Play Store and the Apple App Store. This season-long access will provide customers with:

Free live MLB.TV streaming Game of the Day
Access to live home and away radio broadcasts from around the league
Highlights, scores, and more from the day’s games around the league

Offer Requirements

Offer only available May 1 – June 30.
Offer is available to new and existing customers.
Must be on the T-Mobile network to initially download the app to meet validation requirements.
Offer is available for download from Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Compatible devices include:
Android phones and tablets (OS 2.2 or later).
iPhones and iPads 3GS/4/4S/5, (iOS 5.0 or later).
MLB.com At Bat is released every year for the new baseball season. This offer provides full access to the 2013 MLB season only.

Restrictions

App is not available for Windows Phone devices; Offer is not available for Blackberry devices.
Offer not available to customers who previously purchased the MLB.com At Bat app prior to May 1.
Not available for download on Wi-Fi or while roaming.
After download and registration, you may access the app over Wi-Fi.
MLB.TV and/or additional in-app purchases are not included in this offer

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Let me apply some salt...

Here is a little salt to apply...

From tmonews.com:

To celebrate T-Mobile as the Official Wireless Sponsor of Major League Baseball, we are offering FREE access to the official app of Major League Baseball, MLB.com At Bat? 13 ($19.99 value). Beginning May 1 to June 30 T-Mobile customers can download the MLB.com At Bat 13 application from Google Play Store and the Apple App Store. This season-long access will provide customers with:

Free live MLB.TV streaming Game of the Day
Access to live home and away radio broadcasts from around the league
Highlights, scores, and more from the day’s games around the league

Offer Requirements

Offer only available May 1 – June 30.
Offer is available to new and existing customers.
Must be on the T-Mobile network to initially download the app to meet validation requirements.
Offer is available for download from Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Compatible devices include:
Android phones and tablets (OS 2.2 or later).
iPhones and iPads 3GS/4/4S/5, (iOS 5.0 or later).
MLB.com At Bat is released every year for the new baseball season. This offer provides full access to the 2013 MLB season only.

Restrictions

App is not available for Windows Phone devices; Offer is not available for Blackberry devices.
Offer not available to customers who previously purchased the MLB.com At Bat app prior to May 1.
Not available for download on Wi-Fi or while roaming.
After download and registration, you may access the app over Wi-Fi.
MLB.TV and/or additional in-app purchases are not included in this offer

At least they're upfront about screwing their users over. I've complained to Verizon repeatedly about the lack of NHL Gamecenter and the fact that their ads explicitly claim to be on "all 4G lte smartphone and tablets" which they tried to BS their way out of by saying it was only for the upgrade from standard to premium. Even if that was the case it's still horrifically misleading.

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if this Tmobile offer gives the same "portable subscription" feature as the regular subscription? (being able to access AtBat on your computer without subscribing again)

If it does, then I'll find a friend with T-Mobile and see if they will help me with that. Since WP support seems to be never coming. (although I still check the forums every day just to check this thread)

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if this Tmobile offer gives the same "portable subscription" feature as the regular subscription? (being able to access AtBat on your computer without subscribing again)

This is free access TO THE At Bat APP, not to MLB.tv

You will not get to watch whatever game you want, just the game of the day, but you will get the radio package (and that COULD carry over to the PC, not sure)

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Let me apply some salt...

At least they're upfront about screwing their users over. I've complained to Verizon repeatedly about the lack of NHL Gamecenter and the fact that their ads explicitly claim to be on "all 4G lte smartphone and tablets" which they tried to BS their way out of by saying it was only for the upgrade from standard to premium. Even if that was the case it's still horrifically misleading.

Thanks for posting, I was always curious about this when I see those commercials. I actually contemplated switching to Verizon so I could watch games on my Windows Phone!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

You will not get to watch whatever game you want, just the game of the day, but you will get the radio package (and that COULD carry over to the PC, not sure)

This is correct. And I'm pretty sure the radio package does NOT get you audio on the PC. But I can't tell you that with 100% certainty.

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

I wasn't talking about MLB.TV I was talking about the thing where if you buy AtBat on one platform you can access it(and the streaming audio) on the other platform and PC.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't talking about MLB.TV I was talking about the thing where if you buy AtBat on one platform you can access it(and the streaming audio) on the other platform and PC.

I don't think that IS a thing. You can't buy an app on the Apple Store and get it for free on Google Play. However, If you buy the Radio package for $20 on MLB.com, you get access (it Unlocks the full experience) to the Apple store app and the Google Play app.

BUT...while I do not think it is cross PLATFORM, everything should be cross CARRIER. So perhaps you could find a friend with iOS on T-Mobile and you could get the app for your iOS device on AT&T.

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that IS a thing. You can't buy an app on the Apple Store and get it for free on Google Play. However, If you buy the Radio package for $20 on MLB.com, you get access (it Unlocks the full experience) to the Apple store app and the Google Play app.

BUT...while I do not think it is cross PLATFORM, everything should be cross CARRIER. So perhaps you could find a friend with iOS on T-Mobile and you could get the app for your iOS device on AT&T.

MLB.com At Bat | MLB.com: Mobile

Bullet point #1 for both iPhone/iPod and Android is what I am referring to.

webguynj

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
After talking to Advanced Media support tonight - There is No ETA for Windows phone (any version) any time soon. If you want to get this, the address to contact is mlbexecutiverelations No reasons were given but they just released a version for Windows 8 2 days ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6