I'd sell my first born for an actual facebook app

Michael Weisberg

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Well, not really considering I am single and don't have a kid but still. The official one for WP8 is a joke at best. The other ones in the app store are just mobile versions wrapped in a interface. We really need an actual app. Something like the mypad app available for iOS.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
What would this give us that we don't already have. WP8 solution and integration is head and shoulders above android and ios. I have both and their nothing special. Our FB is stable fast and it just works, period. Unless there is something I'm missing?

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I believe he's referring to the Facebook app itself not the WP integration if I read his post correctly, I've never used a Facebook app on IOS but ours is pretty bland tbh

StevesBalls

Banned
Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
What would this give us that we don't already have. WP8 solution and integration is head and shoulders above android and ios. I have both and their nothing special. Our FB is stable fast and it just works, period. Unless there is something I'm missing?

You are missing a lot, as is the Facebook implementation on WP.

Always been happy with m.Facebook.com.

Simple, Fast, Every Feature, Gets the job done.

This is the best option for Facebook on WP right now, but there are many downsides to that (missing notifications, can't upload pics etc.).

Rather than moan on here, why not moan directly to Facebook?

If facebook customer services were getting constant mails/tweets/etc from WP users, begging for a WP version of the app, they'd start to take the platform seriously.

The only thing that will make them take the platform seriously is market share, not your whining.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm...I can upload pics, video and everything from my 920...weird. Oh yea and that's right from the phone interface I don't have to screw around jumping into an app waiting for it to load then finding the pic in my phone then uploading it. On WP you take pic or video...swipe left to the pic you just took...click the three dots in lower right....share...facebook...done....amd yes you can even tag people. Soooo what are we missing I'm still confused if you just like the way Android looks use android. I don't want to spend hours on my phone when I can spend seconds :)

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm...I can upload pics, video and everything from my 920...weird. Oh yea and that's right from the phone interface I don't have to screw around jumping into an app waiting for it to load then finding the pic in my phone then uploading it. On WP you take pic or video...swipe left to the pic you just took...click the three dots in lower right....share...facebook...done....amd yes you can even tag people. Soooo what are we missing I'm still confused if you just like the way Android looks use android. I don't want to spend hours on my phone when I can spend seconds :)

I tthink its more than aesthetics. While the FB functionality with the built in functions and app might be fine for most of the sites basic functions, there is no way anyone can sit here and say the app is in any way comparable to, at the very least, Androids. I can't speak for iPhone as I haven't used the iOS app in a while. But the Android FB app blows WP out of the water in terms of access to much of Facebook's features.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I tthink its more than aesthetics. While the FB functionality with the built in functions and app might be fine for most of the sites basic functions, there is no way anyone can sit here and say the app is in any way comparable to, at the very least, Androids. I can't speak for iPhone as I haven't used the iOS app in a while. But the Android FB app blows WP out of the water in terms of access to much of Facebook's features.

Which ones?? I just grabbed my Moto Atrix to see and I'm not finding anything I can't do? I mean other than getting frustrated at the Android app? FB even knows its Android app isn't great, why do you think they had to force their employees to use it? They are trying to make it better and good for them for recognizing this shortfall. Anyway what feature is available on Android or IOS for that matter that I'm not seeing?

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you'd make too much selling a kid for a WP FB app, but I bet you'd make more selling the kid to make Iphones in China. :)

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm obviously in the minority, because I really like the wp8 facebook app. I've heard you can't do @people in posts, but I don't do that anyway so I'm not missing it. That doesn't mean others aren't.

What are we missing in the wp8 app that I don't know about?

OldSkoolVWLover

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I would say the FB app experience on every OS isn't complete, I would put a big chunk of this on FB because they keep changing their API's. My use has become use the app/factory integration for the features you need (uploading pics, syncing contact info as applicable), then use the browser for actually looking at FB. Every time they tweak a feature something breaks in the mobile app. I don't know one person on any platform that is completely happy with the mobile app solution for their device.

My honest thought is that they do this on purpose so you can't solely rely on an app (conspiracy theory I know) forcing you back to the web site. It has gotten to the point I usually load the full site on my tablet.

JoshuaShepherd

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Same! the FB app is a joke, can't upload multiple pictures, the times of when things were updated are wrong, it's poor at keeping up-to date and well it's just a VERY poor excuse of an app.

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Same! the FB app is a joke, can't upload multiple pictures, the times of when things were updated are wrong, it's poor at keeping up-to date and well it's just a VERY poor excuse of an app.

Click photo app, click album where the multiple pics are, click the button on the bottom in middle of screen. Select pics you want to upload, press share, press Facebook.

You just uploaded multiple pics.

Nophix

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
You think ours is bad, use the one for Android! Talk about a glitch fest, its nearly unusable.

The biggest problem is the constant dropping of connection when not on WiFi, or when on WiFi that requires a secondary auth certificate. Supposedly the last update fixed it, but all 5 Android devices we have still do it.
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

JoshuaShepherd

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Click photo app, click album where the multiple pics are, click the button on the bottom in middle of screen. Select pics you want to upload, press share, press Facebook.

You just uploaded multiple pics.

Thank you! thought it sucked how you couldn't multi-upload, now all that needs sorting is the rest of it ha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss