Essential Apps for College Students

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So, just got the 8X for my daughter who is a freshman in College and was wondering is anyone could suggest some Apps she would like. I seem to remember some time ago there being an App for keeping track of ones class schdule but I don't recall the name of it. Anyway, any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, a class schedule (and due dates for assignments) can easily be added to the Calendar on the device. I'm in college, and the only things I use involving school are Office (to view PowerPoint and Word documents for my classes) and I made sure to link my school e-mail to my phone (important for when/if you have group projects). Make sure you get the mail info from the IT department at the school.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So, just got the 8X for my daughter who is a freshman in College and was wondering is anyone could suggest some Apps she would like. I seem to remember some time ago there being an App for keeping track of ones class schdule but I don't recall the name of it. Anyway, any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

The app you are talking about/forgotten is School by Filip Storek. Price $1. You can also have academic GPS. To prevent talking plenty, just go to the WP Store and search for school. Scan and select all the apps you want. Hope it helps.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello. I am currently a senior mechanical engineering student. I've made a conscience effort to taking advantage of what the phone has to offer to me as a college student. I'm going to be honest, a lot of the functionality is built in already.

1. Onenote
I use Onenote so much. I use it on my laptop when I have to make a quick outline to gather my thoughts on something, or I use have the "new note" pinned on my phone so that I can quickly tap it and record something down. It syncs flawlessly between the phone, the desktop app, and on skydrive.com. Easily my #1 suggestion.

2. Skydrive
Skydrive is huge. All of my class folders reside within the desktop skydrive app. That means ALL of my class files are immediately pushed to the cloud and I am able to access them on any computer connected to the internet. This is huge for me. Say I'm working on a paper in my dorm. I can just hit save, go to work and open it up on the computer there. No need to bring my laptop, no need to upload to a flash drive or email it to myself. Also, Skydrive is an AMAZING collaborative tool. All my group projects, I make a Skydrive folder and share it with everyone in the group. With Office Web Apps, live multi-user editing, etc. it is a very powerful tool for working in groups.

3. Calendar
I make strong use of the calendar app. I have a class/work calendar which contain my class and work schedules. I have another more dynamic calendar to remind me about anything: group meetings, review sessions, professor office hours, etc. I put 15 min. alerts to make sure I never forget. Also, I organize all my hw assignments in the "tasks" pane within the calendar. Nothing more satisfying than crossing those off.

4. Groups
Whenever I have a group project, I put all members into a group. Emailing the entire group is just 2-3 taps away.

That's all I have for now...

franzDanconia

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You could also try evernote. In some ways, irs better than one-nite, because its supported on alot more platforms, like Linux (which is the reason I use it), and the app for windows phone isn't that bad either. You should try it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon