Notification Help

JoshuaShepherd

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi, just looking for some help with notifications. When I click on the facebook/twitter/hotmail app and I have a notification, there's nothing to show me that I have one before I actually go onto the app if you get me, is there a way to fix it? Like there's nothing that comes up on a live tile or on my lock screen or even a message saying I have a notification, also is there a way to make say facebook/twitter/anyapp reload every 10 minutes? maybe that's the problem that they're not updating regular enough as I often click on the app maybe once every 10 minutes.

Cheers

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi, just looking for some help with notifications. When I click on the facebook/twitter/hotmail app and I have a notification, there's nothing to show me that I have one before I actually go onto the app if you get me, is there a way to fix it? Like there's nothing that comes up on a live tile or on my lock screen or even a message saying I have a notification, also is there a way to make say facebook/twitter/anyapp reload every 10 minutes? maybe that's the problem that they're not updating regular enough as I often click on the app maybe once every 10 minutes.

Cheers
Have you gone in to the settings of the FB app and enabled push notifications?

JoshuaShepherd

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeh it's on toasts and tile count, what's the cache expiry btw? I think the problem's that it doesn't refresh enough (maybe like once every 30 mins), i'd like it to be once every 10 mins or just whenever there's any notification, is that possible?

StevesBalls

Banned
Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the battery saver off?

Also make sure that you set up the Facebook refresh to push, so that the notifications are pushed to you as they arrive.

Superhyper

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
The Facebook application's push notifications don't appear to work for a lot of people (including me). Even with battery saver off I never get notifications from the app, and I have push notifications turned on with every option selected. It seems to happen to quite a few other people as well.

StevesBalls

Banned
Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
The Facebook application's push notifications don't appear to work for a lot of people (including me). Even with battery saver off I never get notifications from the app, and I have push notifications turned on with every option selected. It seems to happen to quite a few other people as well.

Yeah, notifications are very unreliable in WP.

FrostyOMG

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to get facebook notifications and have even reset the phone and added back all accounts.
I saw twitter notifications once, and have never been able to get them to work again either.
(both apps have push notifications enabled.).
I have no problem getting push notifications from my office exchange server.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720