The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-17-2014 02:59 AM
66 123
tools
    You weren't forced to pay again: you simply had to email him about it.

Did not know it was going down though. Stylistically the best weather app in the store.
    Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express
    06-16-2013 04:51 PM
    MAke a poll here
    06-17-2013 07:18 AM
    You weren't forced to pay again: you simply had to email him about it.

Did not know it was going down though. Stylistically the best weather app in the store.
    Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express
    Your right, I wasn't forced to pay again, I had the option...pay again or don't. At the time the developer said that it was Microsoft's fault and a fix was coming, it never did. So for me and many others (if you read the reviews) simply didn't have a fix.
    06-17-2013 10:30 AM
    Here is an example of the live tile on WF. My time was 1:18 and the app showed it was updated at 1:17 with a temp of 73...but wait, it shows a different temp then Amazing Weather's live tile, 71. I know this can happen with the tiles not updating at the same time, I get that. But...when I open Weather Flow (the live tile just updated) the temp shows 71 not 73! Why? It just updated the live tile 1 minute ago. Weather Underground's website shows a temp of 70.6, which for these apps is 71. It has not reached 73 here all day yet...but the live tile for WF thinks it has.

Attachment 35823 Attachment 35824
    Bump so this issues doesn't get lost in the thread.
    06-17-2013 10:35 AM
    Your right, I wasn't forced to pay again, I had the option...pay again or don't. At the time the developer said that it was Microsoft's fault and a fix was coming, it never did. So for me and many others (if you read the reviews) simply didn't have a fix.
    Go to the support live chat via windowsphone.com and talk with a Microsoft rep about it. Was just told yesterday that they KNOW they are still having these issues, and they are refunding people for it. I had an issue with an app I downloaded in January - I couldn't redownload it because it appeared that the developer pulled it from the marketplace - even though that was not the case... it was still in the store, but it appears the store moved around the app location which messes with purchase history. Once they verified my info and such, I was told to purchase the app while in the chat, waited a few minutes for it to post to their system, and then they refunded me.

Problem solved. They should have told developers this though.
    06-17-2013 10:37 AM
    Go to the support live chat via windowsphone.com and talk with a Microsoft rep about it. Was just told yesterday that they KNOW they are still having these issues, and they are refunding people for it. I had an issue with an app I downloaded in January - I couldn't redownload it because it appeared that the developer pulled it from the marketplace - even though that was not the case... it was still in the store, but it appears the store moved around the app location which messes with purchase history. Once they verified my info and such, I was told to purchase the app while in the chat, waited a few minutes for it to post to their system, and then they refunded me.

Problem solved. They should have told developers this though.
    Thanks. I actually have an open case with them at the moment because I have a few apps that keep disappearing from my purchase history.
    06-17-2013 10:54 AM
    Here is an example of the live tile on WF. My time was 1:18 and the app showed it was updated at 1:17 with a temp of 73...but wait, it shows a different temp then Amazing Weather's live tile, 71. I know this can happen with the tiles not updating at the same time, I get that. But...when I open Weather Flow (the live tile just updated) the temp shows 71 not 73! Why? It just updated the live tile 1 minute ago. Weather Underground's website shows a temp of 70.6, which for these apps is 71. It has not reached 73 here all day yet...but the live tile for WF thinks it has.

liAttachment 35823ve Attachment 35824

I've been facing the same issue with Weather Flow. Even dropped a mail to the developers. Never got a response from them.

Over all, its probably the most beautifully done weather app, but this error is constantly there, which is highly irritating
    06-17-2013 12:43 PM
    I've been facing the same issue with Weather Flow. Even dropped a mail to the developers. Never got a response from them.

Over all, its probably the most beautifully done weather app, but this error is constantly there, which is highly irritating
    Thanks. So at least I know that it is not just me and it is a problem with the app. I assume most don't notice it. I did send an 2 emails to the developers last week, one through the contact us on the app and one throught their website. I have not heard anything back yet either.
    06-17-2013 12:54 PM
    i have emailed the developer few times... but no reply. anyone has any update on it yet?
    08-12-2013 08:36 PM
    I installed AW but the live tile is blank. Does anyone know how I can get the live tile to show data? I have a Lumia 1020.

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't use the PIN option from within the app.
    Last edited by strikeIII; 08-12-2013 at 11:41 PM.
    08-12-2013 11:19 PM
    i have emailed the developer few times... but no reply. anyone has any update on it yet?

I know the thread is almost dead, but I have paid for both of the apps and tested them since WP7 times up to now and:
    Weather Flow is "cheating" by not showing you really updated information. They pull data once for some hours in advance and then show it to you as current conditions, but very often the hourly forecast is not really accurate and I you see differences between the temperature in other apps and the "current" conditions in WF.
    This is most probably made because they don't want to pay lots of money to WeatherUnderground for API requests and this way they make more money from their app.
    By my opinion Amazing Weather HD doesn't look as good as Weather Flow, but at least they are providing us with accurate info.
    06-08-2014 01:28 PM
    I know the thread is almost dead, but I have paid for both of the apps and tested them since WP7 times up to now and:
    Weather Flow is "cheating" by not showing you really updated information. They pull data once for some hours in advance and then show it to you as current conditions, but very often the hourly forecast is not really accurate and I you see differences between the temperature in other apps and the "current" conditions in WF.
    This is most probably made because they don't want to pay lots of money to WeatherUnderground for API requests and this way they make more money from their app.
    By my opinion Amazing Weather HD doesn't look as good as Weather Flow, but at least they are providing us with accurate info.
    Where Weather Underground data is concerned, a lot depends upon what station you're pulling that data from. Many of the personal (i.e. home hobbyist) weather stations will differ substantially from airport or government reported measurements. In my experience, this is especially true during periods where the equipment isn't getting hit by sunlight early or late in the day. So a personal station may be closer to your location, but not roof mounted or high enough to tell you what unshaded conditions are like during transitional periods. You wouldn't know this for certain unless you went and observed the equipment itself though. I do find the reported temperatures seem to normalize somewhat by midday or at night, which is consistent with that theory.

As far as the two applications are concerned, I do like the artistic elements of Weather Flow a bit better and I have no problems with updating that I can't trace to settings or OS limitations. However, it doesn't look at all like it's utilizing WU data. If I search my city by name, I get a bunch of results containing alternate weather stations, but those don't correspond at all with the PWS I see at Weather Underground's site.

With amazing Weather HD however, I can search for and pin locations just as they are described via WU's web site.
    07-25-2014 05:06 PM
    Where Weather Underground data is concerned, a lot depends upon what station you're pulling that data from. Many of the personal (i.e. home hobbyist) weather stations will differ substantially from airport or government reported measurements. In my experience, this is especially true during periods where the equipment isn't getting hit by sunlight early or late in the day. So a personal station may be closer to your location, but not roof mounted or high enough to tell you what unshaded conditions are like during transitional periods. You wouldn't know this for certain unless you went and observed the equipment itself though. I do find the reported temperatures seem to normalize somewhat by midday or at night, which is consistent with that theory.
    This may be true, but it is not the case I'm describing. I'm absolutely sure Weather Flow just DOESN'T pull the information from Weather Underground on regular basis, but makes it only once in a 5-6 hours and then it shows forecasted conditions as current, which is not correct.
    07-29-2014 01:42 AM
    Hi,

I'm a new on wp (just bought lumia 930 last week). I have been searching for a weather app that would have weather animations in lock screen (like in HTC one (android) ). Does Amazing weather or weather flow have them? Does any wp8.1 weather app have that function? Is it possible to add that function in wp8.1?
    07-29-2014 04:00 AM
    I used AW for some time but found it to be totally inaccurate. A lot of the weather apps are pretty much useless, look good yes but either inaccurate or they don't update correctly, in the end I've went back to accuweather.
    07-29-2014 12:09 PM
    The short answer is - No, there is no animated lockscreen available in WP 8.1
    12-17-2014 02:59 AM
66 123