Amazing Weather HD vs Weather Flow. Which is better?

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes...old thread.

I have Amazing Weather HD and Weather Flow both on my phone now. I tired Weather Flow before and didn't find it to be everything I wanted, but with the sale, I figured, why not?

I do have a few questions/comments about Weather Flow.

Does the Wide Live Tile not flip? - I actually don't mind that it is static.
I don't see anywhere to get more detailed weather information...is it just not there? For example, a written description of the weather or a radar?
I think what I am missing the most is the chance of rain percentage on the five day forcast.
Also...hopefully this can be fixed - When I open the app the weather does not update. I have to click refresh to get it to update. Is this accurate? Maybe I am just used to AWHD.

Last edited:

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes...old thread.

I have Amazing Weather HD and Weather Flow both on my phone now. I tired Weather Flow before and didn't find it to be everything I wanted, but with the sale, I figured, why not?

I do have a few questions/comments about Weather Flow.

Does the Wide Live Tile not flip? - I actually don't mind that it is static.
I don't see anywhere to get more detailed weather information...is it just not there? For example, a written description of the weather or a radar?
I think what I am missing the most is the chance of rain percentage on the five day forcast.
Also...hopefully this can be fixed - When I open the app the weather does not update. I have to click refresh to get it to update. Is this accurate? Maybe I am just used to AWHD.

To answer your questions about Weather Flow:
The wide live tile is static and does not flip.
There is no more detailed weather information. What you see is what you get.
When you open the app, the weather should update automatically. You should not have to click refresh. Maybe try reinstalling the app.

I have both apps too, but I think I prefer AWHD since it provides a lot more weather info.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I have been comparing both live tiles over the past few days. They both use the same weather service, so the temps have been identical. The weather flow live tile doesn't seem to update correctly for me all of the time though. The temp on WF tile will show 72 and the temp on AW tile will show 70. When I open WF the temp in the app shows 70. When I exit out, the live tile still shows 72.
WF also doesn't seem to grab my location on the live tile all of the time even though it shows it was updated.
The thing is, I think I like the look of WF life tile better. It's just not as reliable for me.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Being Canadian, many cities in my area were not available in Amazing Weather....and they were available on WF so I got that one. I love it.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
For me, its weather flow...
Got everything I need and more. Besides its a lighter weight app. Working faster that amazing weather HD.

The speed of both are identical for me. I was hoping to use WF's live tile and AW for everything else, but my live tile on WF is not accurate. The temps are different on the live tile then when I open the app. It doesn't update as accurate as AW. I have them side by side to compare. Not sure why when the update time stamp is within a few minutes of each other.

I can have AM and WF setup to update the live tiles at the same time (they both use Weather Underground) and AM live tile will show one temp and WF will show a different. For example WF showed 51 and AM showed 58. I opened (clicked the tile) for each one and AM showed 58 and WF showed 58. But when I exit out and look at the live tiles, WF still shows 51.

I am actually a bit disappointed in WF's live tile updating correctly. Also with AW when I open the app, the live tile updates.

Like I said, I really want to use WF for the live tile and AM for detailed information and lockscreen.

Last edited:

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Here is an example of the live tile on WF. My time was 1:18 and the app showed it was updated at 1:17 with a temp of 73...but wait, it shows a different temp then Amazing Weather's live tile, 71. I know this can happen with the tiles not updating at the same time, I get that. But...when I open Weather Flow (the live tile just updated) the temp shows 71 not 73! Why? It just updated the live tile 1 minute ago. Weather Underground's website shows a temp of 70.6, which for these apps is 71. It has not reached 73 here all day yet...but the live tile for WF thinks it has.

liwp_ss_20130616_0003.jpgve wp_ss_20130616_0004.jpg

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
You weren't forced to pay again: you simply had to email him about it.

Did not know it was going down though. Stylistically the best weather app in the store.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
You weren't forced to pay again: you simply had to email him about it.

Did not know it was going down though. Stylistically the best weather app in the store.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

Your right, I wasn't forced to pay again, I had the option...pay again or don't. At the time the developer said that it was Microsoft's fault and a fix was coming, it never did. So for me and many others (if you read the reviews) simply didn't have a fix.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Here is an example of the live tile on WF. My time was 1:18 and the app showed it was updated at 1:17 with a temp of 73...but wait, it shows a different temp then Amazing Weather's live tile, 71. I know this can happen with the tiles not updating at the same time, I get that. But...when I open Weather Flow (the live tile just updated) the temp shows 71 not 73! Why? It just updated the live tile 1 minute ago. Weather Underground's website shows a temp of 70.6, which for these apps is 71. It has not reached 73 here all day yet...but the live tile for WF thinks it has.

View attachment 35823 View attachment 35824

Bump so this issues doesn't get lost in the thread.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Your right, I wasn't forced to pay again, I had the option...pay again or don't. At the time the developer said that it was Microsoft's fault and a fix was coming, it never did. So for me and many others (if you read the reviews) simply didn't have a fix.
Go to the support live chat via windowsphone.com and talk with a Microsoft rep about it. Was just told yesterday that they KNOW they are still having these issues, and they are refunding people for it. I had an issue with an app I downloaded in January - I couldn't redownload it because it appeared that the developer pulled it from the marketplace - even though that was not the case... it was still in the store, but it appears the store moved around the app location which messes with purchase history. Once they verified my info and such, I was told to purchase the app while in the chat, waited a few minutes for it to post to their system, and then they refunded me.

Problem solved. They should have told developers this though.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Go to the support live chat via windowsphone.com and talk with a Microsoft rep about it. Was just told yesterday that they KNOW they are still having these issues, and they are refunding people for it. I had an issue with an app I downloaded in January - I couldn't redownload it because it appeared that the developer pulled it from the marketplace - even though that was not the case... it was still in the store, but it appears the store moved around the app location which messes with purchase history. Once they verified my info and such, I was told to purchase the app while in the chat, waited a few minutes for it to post to their system, and then they refunded me.

Problem solved. They should have told developers this though.

Thanks. I actually have an open case with them at the moment because I have a few apps that keep disappearing from my purchase history.

rohitsingh

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

liView attachment 35823ve View attachment 35824

I've been facing the same issue with Weather Flow. Even dropped a mail to the developers. Never got a response from them.

Over all, its probably the most beautifully done weather app, but this error is constantly there, which is highly irritating

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been facing the same issue with Weather Flow. Even dropped a mail to the developers. Never got a response from them.

Over all, its probably the most beautifully done weather app, but this error is constantly there, which is highly irritating

Thanks. So at least I know that it is not just me and it is a problem with the app. I assume most don't notice it. I did send an 2 emails to the developers last week, one through the contact us on the app and one throught their website. I have not heard anything back yet either.

strikeIII

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I installed AW but the live tile is blank. Does anyone know how I can get the live tile to show data? I have a Lumia 1020.

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't use the PIN option from within the app.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss