Buyer Beware !!!!

MR.WaynesWorld

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to inform everyone about a situation I am in and unable to get some sort of resolution.

On November 9th I purchased my Nokia 920 phone and over the weekend I downloaded and installed a number applications from the App Store. One of them was the Navigon Application, cost for it was $49.99.

Today I see the app is now selling for $29.99. Well now I purchased it less then a month ago and in my mind I feel I should be able to get a $20.00 refund. But who issues the refund?

I started a chat session with Microsoft from the Windowsphone web site but after two attempts two so called MS representives told me that the 3rd party app developer determines the cost of the app. So I call Navigon, they tell me Microsoft determines the actual cost of the software. And you know I actually believe them. At least I was able to talk to a "Real" person, twice as a matter of fact.

Now I sort of hesitent in purchasing any large costing software for my phone considering if that price goes down shortly there after I would not be able to get a refund. Even AT&T was able to issue me a $50.00 credit when asked about the Black Friday deal after I paid the 99.99 for the phone.

He is the Chat session I had with MS:
Matt B.: Hello , my name is Matt B. with Microsoft Support. Please give me a few moments as I review the information you've submitted.
Matt B.: How can I assist you today?
You: I'm looking at the price I paid for Navigon less then a month ago versus the price it is today.
You: I paid 49.99 less then a month ago and now it is 29.99. I would like to get a 20.00 refund.
Matt B.: We don't really do price matching. As Navigon is a 3rd Party app developer they set the pricing for their own app.
Matt B.: I see that this has also been explained to you just a few minutes ago. Is there clarification on our policy that you need?
You: I just called Navigon and they told me to talk to Microsoft.
You: Is there a number I can call to talk to someone from Microsoft.
Matt B.: Xbox Music phone support is no longer available. Currently the only available method of contacting Xbox Music support is through the web based chat conveniently available through the Xbox support website.
You: I'm not interested in xbox music.
Matt B.: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
You: Is there a phone number I can call to speak to someone for Windows Phone 8 purchasing?
Matt B.: As I explained, we do not have Phone Support nor will we be able to reduce the price of the app.
Matt B.: The prices are set by the app developer, and if they so choose to raise or lower the price, that is their sole determination.
You: Funny Navigon did not tell me that...
Matt B.: Well, it's not our app, and we don't control the pricing for 3rd Party apps.
You: Fine.
Matt B.: Your case # is 1190151410 as well.
Matt B.: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Also how this rep got to Xbox Music within the conversion is beyond me.....

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Huh? Microsoft DOES NOT determine the cost of third party software. This is clearly Navigon avoiding to give you a refund.

That being said, this sort of thing happens all the time. Navigon does not have to give you a refund but they should have been more honest.

Sometimes devs temporarily lower the price or even offer their app for free to boost them in the Store rankings to get more exposure. Then they jack the price back up.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I sort of feel youre not entitled to a refund. I commend trying to get one, and hope you do. I just dont feel youre ENTITLED to one.

If I buy a coke today for 2 dollars, and tomorrow they lower the price to 1 dollar, I wont feel entitled to get a dollar back. It was 2 bucks when I bought it. Sucks to be me. But that was the choice I made: "do i get this now for 2 dollars guaranteed, or wait and see if the price will drop tomorrow". I chose today. I chose 2 dollars.

Mad MilkMan

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I sort of feel youre not entitled to a refund. I commend trying to get one, and hope you do. I just dont feel youre ENTITLED to one.

If I buy a coke today for 2 dollars, and tomorrow they lower the price to 1 dollar, I wont feel entitled to get a dollar back. It was 2 bucks when I bought it. Sucks to be me. But that was the choice I made: "do i get this now for 2 dollars guaranteed, or wait and see if the price will drop tomorrow". I chose today. I chose 2 dollars.

I think that's the only response this thread should have received.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It would be great customer service by the app developer if they gave you a refund, but in no way are you entitled to one.

And in no way should you expect a refund from Microsoft.

JussiRM

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Haha :D Hey, it's not like 3rd party developers send their apps to microsoft and asks "how much are we going to get for this" and they're like "hmm... maybe 1 euro is a good price for this bomb of an app".
If you bought the app for 50$, and afterwards they drop the price 20$, they don't really owe you anything. Sad as it is, if they don't want to give you refund, you won't get it. Think of it like this: you go to a shop, and buy five milk bottles. The next day they are on half the yesterday's price. Will you get refund? Probably not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium