help me keep WP8

abtm

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
So I just bought a Lumia 920 and I like. I like a LOT. However I have one single gripe which is keeping me from using it over my Galaxy S3. The official Twitter app. I don't know what I"m doing wrong but it won't let me tweet URLs. I enter text into a tweet, paste a URL into the Tweet and while I'm NOT over the character limit for a Tweet, the client won't let me post it. As soon as any URL is pasted into a Tweet in the WP8 twitter client the "send tweet" button greys out and I can't do it. Any thoughts? No I don't want to use Rowi - I'm perfectly happy with the official client aside from this one single issue.

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean the first party twitter integration or the twitter app from the store?

And any particular reason you don't want to use one of the many fine third party twitter clients for the platform?

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
There are a lot of fantastic alternatives to the official Twitter app available for Windows Phone. Several have already been mentioned and I'll add Gleek! into the mix.

But then again, if you're perfectly happy with the official client.... I'm not sure why you are thinking of leaving Windows Phone... :straight:

abtm

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
@George

Thanks for actually trying to be helpful. I just don't understand why the Twitter client behaves this way. So I guess that's really the goal of this post. Am I "doin' it wrong" or is the client just a broken piece of crap? It seems to me, posting a URL into a Tweet the client should automatically shorten it like it does on every other mobile OS.

To answer the other question: Yes using it from the "Me Hub" does work as intended. The question is, what about the official client is causing this behavior? Also, Twitter clients keep crashing out on me with WP8 since Portico -_-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans