Nokia Music - Mix radio ignores the artist selected?

Sergio0694

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I have a problem with Nokia Music on my Lumia 920.
I don't even know whether this is a bug, or if the app itself is meant to work this way.
Anyway, this is problem I have: I open Nokia music, tap on "Create mix", and I select 1-3 artists.
When the mix starts, though, I sometimes get music from other artists.
Or, even if the first 2-3 songs are from the artists I selected, after those I get again songs from other artists.
What's up? What do I have to do to listen to just the artists I chose?

rajkumr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Mix radio like any other radio like pandora or spotify radio app works, uses the selected artist's genre and style and randomly plays music from similar categories.

but the best thing is it plays quite a few tracks from the artists selected unlike pandora where it's a big chance to get the artists track or in spotify very very few tracks from the selected artist is played!

If you want to play all tracks from a selected artist you will need Xbox music pass I guess! Or spotify premium when released.

iSicle

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
With Nokia music it's not really an exact science so to speak, the artist mix is more of an "these artists and artists similar to them" rather than "only these artists". Personally I quite like this approach, being too lazy to actually keep up with the music scene. :)

NinjaPenguin777

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Usually you ill only get one or two songs from that artist and then a bunch of similar artists. I like it like that. I put the music I already like on my phone and now I can discover new music through Nokia Music. The only thing they need to add is a thumbs up or thumbs down feature for songs. Or a rating system. Something so that if you don't like a song you can let the app know.

iSicle

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Usually you ill only get one or two songs from that artist and then a bunch of similar artists. I like it like that. I put the music I already like on my phone and now I can discover new music through Nokia Music. The only thing they need to add is a thumbs up or thumbs down feature for songs. Or a rating system. Something so that if you don't like a song you can let the app know.

This! From time to time there's a really good tune in the mix and would love to have a way to mark it as a favorite.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077