Is instagram even coming to wp8?

Napocensis

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I pity these teenagers who think that Instagram or any other app will decide the future of WP. The fact that they are already on WP tells me they can live without Instagram, as whatever WP offers them counterweights the missing app.
The more social media apps teenagers have, the less integrated in the society they are. They may have hundreds of likes or friends in FB, or followers in Twitter, yet is more and more difficult for them to find a friend to go snowboarding, swimming, biking or just getting together and yapping.
Teenagers need to understand that social media should only complement and not replace their live interaction with other people.

You do not have Instagram? Fine, you will do just well, likely even better.

cashcar1979

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't use Instagram, but not having it ready for WP8 is a colossal failure by MSFT. Same with Wells Fargo...fail. MSFT needs to get their act together regarding apps and games. No NBA Jam...no Madden..etc. Game selection sucks on WP8 and MSFT leadership is to blame.

sirfly2fly

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
some of you are missing the point and continue to diss instagram lol, people that havent used instagram could easily switch over to WP8 but the ones that do aren't gonna up and leave their social network and pictures they've been capturing over time just for a UI, either Microsoft finds a way to meet these people needs or growth will be slow.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I say again...metro.am a third party app lets you post pics. Its an awesome app.

It does not let you post to your instagram. Only to another social networks, such as FaceBook and Twitter.

You can like and comment, but not post a picture through the app.

tiziano27

Banned
Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft should pay Facebook to develop an Instagran App for WP8 and Windows 8. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are basic functions in a phone for many people.

TroySchuster

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't care about instagram.

Clearly there are a few million people that do care about Instagram. Not sure if the app is free on other OS's and if it is, good on them (as there are millions of users on these OS's). Even if Instagram develop a WP app and charge .99c I'm sure people wouldn't mind passing over a buck for the priviledge of using Instagram on WP - there's probably a handful of WP users that would say 'Don't care about instagram' to pay for it, but I bet ya there would be a few million that would.

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I think your missing the point/ wp8 needs to get the popular apps like ios and droid, that's all there is to it. It doesn't mean that wp8 will suffer because of no instagram or inmy case squareup but everything helps wp8 gain marketshare. maybe MS should start buying companies like instagram.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if instagram is being develop for WP8? Tbh I dont want to hear about "oh its a stupid app for hipster which just add filters to pictures which make them worst" bull****. If its a stupid app, no one will be using. Besides its the social functions that cause it to be big, not the filters. Its a huge app and these kind of apps is needed for WP to succeed. So does anyone have any knowledge? If so please post source links! :)
what is a hipster...anyway, my whole family post on instagram instead of facebook now. I actually find that instagram is the main reason why I want to go to iOS besides the app sharing...

I understand quick "fad" apps are huge for social connecting, but I would NEVER let a stupid app like Instagram impact my decision to buy a smartphone. You are making a far more advanced investment when you pick a smartphone OS for at least the next 2 years. Apps like Instagram come and go within 6 months.

WP offers so much more as a phone and tool OS, why dismiss it for something so silly. Plus, WP is far more socially integrated throughout the OS then the others.

I'd tell your friends they are being short sighted and making immature (stupid) decisions. ;)

Not having instagram is a good reason not to buy a Windows Phone.

Sharpmango

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
What's with all the instagram hate? For sure i don't use it, but then i do want popular apps to come to WP8. I hope people realise this fact. The more people come to Wp8, the more we all benefit because more apps come to WP8.. And some of those apps will be the ones YOU want. So if u want a banking app. Get instagram on board.. And if u want an instagram app, get other apps on board.. Like i don't care about square.. But i want it on WP8 for the same reason i want instagram. Stop hating on each other guys!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Whether the folks on WP care or don't care, you're already on WP. There are a lot of folks that would jump ship and come to the WP platform if iG existed.

Some say it's useless, but I know quite a few that post pics for business reasons, showing off their work and/or what they do for money!

K Rad

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Lomogram and Instacam does the job for me... have to check out metro.am. I'd rather have an app for tweaking camera options further.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes