Windows Bible apps? i-phone had MANY...Help pls.

3Pomegranates

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
New owner of Lumia 920 and I have been looking for Bible apps...not crazy about the couple I have seen. My old i-phone(the original) was feeling her years.
This was a present and I am thankful, but...today is the last day for a remorse return and based on this one issue, think I'm gonna have to go back to the i-phone.
I am noticing something odd...there are an overwhelming number of Islamic faith based apps and a faith I never knew existed(which is great, super...for those
who are of that faith).
So...why only a couple Bible apps? ...I'll be back in an hour or 2 b4 I leave for the AT&T store to do the exchange...I'm praying someone will have an answer
for me, hopefully directing me to several Bible apps I missed, i.e., Bible Gateway and such.
Thanking you in advance for any direction or kind comments...Yah Bless

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I like YouVersion, but it requires a data connection to function as the downloadable versions feature of IOS and Android are still missing from the WP version. If your preferred version is either NIV, NASB OR KJV, there are free apps with offline functionality, but otherwise you're out of luck... I've been happy with what's available for almost 2 years because I have a relatively large data allotment (5GB) and live in a good signal area, plus YouVersion uses very little data. I read at least a chapter a day in NLT, often do multi-version comparisons of interesting passages, and occasionally use the audio bible, which is available in almost every translation. The English ones, anyway. All this usage barely makes a dent-only a couple MB/month. However it might not work as well for everyone, and I could totally understand this being a deal breaker.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
As a university student of theology I personally have "YouVersion Bible app" or so. It even reads it out loud to me! :D Not the best one I've used, but mostly sufficient. Havnt looked at so many options.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
We need Olivetree or Laridian to make a Bible app with downloadable bibles. YouVersion is good, but needs data connection. Bible7+ is okay and doesn't need a connection. However, it is only NIV and KJV in English.

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I actually was using biblegateway as my bible source. I created a tile using the iOS icon of YouVersion using Wiztiles. Looks better than the block bible tile of this app! Thanks for the tip of version selection, don't know how I missed it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss