Sirius XM App Coming to WP8

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't count on a Windows Phone 8 app anytime soon. I just contacted them and they said "We are currently in development of a Windows 8 app, but no time has been given on when it will be available." Then when I asked them about Windows Phone they said, "We currently do not have any plans for Windows Mobile"

Heatnup

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Please create a Windows 8 app, especially for desktop RT. If you create this app I will add Internet radio to my subscription instantly!

jackson155

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
The best route to go is to go to the Facebook page OR the website and do the chat with Listener Care. Facebook would get better response I think. Just bug them about getting an app for WP8. Basically, the more popular the idea is, the faster it gets done.

I work for the company as an LCR, I have to disclose that this post does not reflect the views and opinion of SiriusXM and is only my personal opinion.

After short search I found several numbers for their customer service, like this one (they are so many on google and I cannot understand why) and I'm going to call them tomorrow. I find your suggestion to write them on Facebook very good, unfortunately I did this last week and they didn't write me back..

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
After short search I found several numbers for their customer service, like this one (they are so many on google and I cannot understand why) and I'm going to call them tomorrow. I find your suggestion to write them on Facebook very good, unfortunately I did this last week and they didn't write me back..

A bunch of us have been bugging the heck outta them on Twitter too. Hash tagging both Windows phone 8 and Sirius XM, the word does get around.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

looknow12

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
been waiting forever. could Sirius somehow dislike Microsoft. It seems to make a huge statement. For the 30-50k of development, what's the big deal. The payback vs alienating windows consumers seems like a very short sighted decision.

Piratelooksat40

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
This is by far the most anticipated app for me and my biggest wish for an app. I really think this is not an issue with Sirus not liking Microsoft, but more of an issue around incompetence. I listen to Opie and Anthony almost every morning, and nearly every morning there are discussions about how their App is breaking or not working. They even had a problem getting phone calls for a week, and they found a patch to fix their phone system and they walked through the bureaucracy of getting a patch to make their phone work and it was crazy. After they filled out the paperwork it took IT three days to get their phones working. A pretty mission critical thing for a call in radio show.

Also, they are really saying how the company is penny pinching at every turn and they are claiming that they are being positioned for another sale.

I think until they start losing subscribers over this, they won't be coming out with anything soon.

dyka00

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I actually called and got to a higher level rep. The answer was short and to the point:
"we do not have enough requests to get involved". So EVERYONE, instead of ********, call, email, IM SiriusXM and ask them to add an app for WP8. Unless they get enough requests and see that there is a real interest, they will not be investing in any development.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Update: Send your requests. Make them listen.

Thank you for contacting SiriusXM regarding the SiriusXM Mobile Application.

We currently do not have information as to when the SiriusXM Mobile Application will be upgraded to support more smartphone models and other qualifying Internet-enabled devices. We recommend you to visit our website for updates. We will be forwarding your feedback to the appropriate department for further review. We sincerely apologize for any dissatisfaction this may cause and appreciate your patience in this matter.

For more information, please visit the link provided below:

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...sxm.com%2Fmobile%2Findexm.html&token=fRzk1819

For the list of devices that support SiriusXM Internet Radio, please visit the link provided below:

https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3686/kw/supported device

We are committed to providing you with the best in listener care. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email. You can always manage your account online 24/7 by clicking
https://care.siriusxm.com/

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Reading this post today was actually a great reminder for me that I need to contact SiriusXM soon and cancel my account. I was a big fan of XM for several years, but the poor quality of programming along with things like this are enough for me to just give up. There are too many good choices to stick with SiriusXM any longer. When I have to call the team to cancel, I'll be sure to state lack of Windows Phone app as an important reason I'm leaving.

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
It is amusing that after all this time, SiriusXM still does not exist for Windows Phone. If someone else wasn't paying for it for me, I would have canceled my account simply for this (and I am a share holder). I am always finding myself mobile, and the one device I *always* have on me at all times, is my Windows Phone. Sadly, during these times, I don't always have something else on me just so that I can accomplish Sat radio. Because of this, I have lost of the rest of my hair :D (ok...maybe the hair has to do with genetics, but still...). I am a solid believer in Sirius (else I wouldn't have bought into so many shares as I did)...but I am surprised that I am still waiting for them to do something mind boggling to enhance their position in the market. If they can't even do something as small as a Windows app.....I don't think they have much hope.

I have so many wonderful ideas for them circling my brain that would take their company to new heights. I never contact them to offer it to them since I'd never see anything out of it (outside of a bump in stock value). However, I keep assuming that I can't be the only one thinking of such concepts and any day now.................any day..................any.....day........someone else is going to think of it there. What are they dragging their feet for? My ideas aren't as simple as a Windows app (that is just small icing on a cake), but if they can't do something simple....how are they going to accomplish something big.

When Windows 10 launches to the public, there darn well better be a SiriusXM app or I am going to visit SiriusXM and demand a sit down with someone the next time I am in town there. I can get pretty vocal about my needs at times ;).

GroverHarris

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Installed 3rd party client. App appeared to function, although limited to live broadcast, no OnDemand, no rewind/caching. Now seems to be hanging. Still, a glimmer of hope (until it gets yanked)...

noelito

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
The app for me is unlistenable, its been a frustrating 2 days trying to use it, from the difficulty in changing channels, the lack of functions such as caching, the constant skips, other streaming apps are 10x more robust than this one, it's bittersweet to finally have an app heck the old wp7 sxm apps worked better than this, I've been in talks with the developer he's very attentive and promises future updates as it stands its a very barebones buggy app

JAR1284

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Just downloaded this app to my Lumia icon. It works perfectly. All previous problems seem to be fixed. Finally Howard Stern on my windows phone!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss