06-06-2013 09:28 AM
34 12
tools
    Perhaps its a dumb question, but if I installed one of these calendars, would it:

a] copy all my appointments, etc over from the default phone calendar?
    b] mean I can then uninstall the default calendar?

Thanks.
    01-17-2013 04:38 AM
    Perhaps its a dumb question, but if I installed one of these calendars, would it:

a] copy all my appointments, etc over from the default phone calendar?
    b] mean I can then uninstall the default calendar?

Thanks.
    Week View will read out the standard calendar. For categories and colors it will need access to your live account, as there is no API for it. Also, deleting and changing appointments will be over your live account (over the internet) for the same reason.

You can't remove the default calendar.
    Thargoid and mjjiva like this.
    01-17-2013 04:40 AM
    I've been communicating with the developer about vsyscalendar. He's in Japan and on an opposite schedule but very responsive and helpful.

Turns out it has the capability of hiding and showing individual calendars. Just have to long press on the account under the sync settings.

He doesn't speak good English and keeps apologizing for his bad UI and promises that he's improving it. I find that funny because I think this on is among the best calendar UI's.

He's got my paid support. Well deserved.
    01-17-2013 09:23 AM
    I tried appontile and it told me that I had a meeting in 2 hours, when I had already had it 30 minutes before. There is something wrong with the clock!! Its a pity, because I preferred it in the lockscreen.
    04-15-2013 11:04 AM
    Thank you all for the suggestions :)
    04-24-2013 08:43 PM
    Hi.

I`m just looking for good offline calendar, with download from m$ account, manual add anniversaries/birthdays and all data must be kept only on my mobile phone. Just tested Chronos Calendar but didn`t find "remind every year" option. Week View have this feature but try sync with my m$ account.
    06-06-2013 03:05 AM
    I can thoroughly recommend Chronos Calendar. It's still being developed and updates and good and regular. At the moment, there's no way to enter a recurring event but it's coming soon. Simple Calendar is also good but Chronos does much more, including now syncing with Google as well as Live.
    06-06-2013 04:23 AM
    I write a message to author of Chronos Calendar about my problem, and have hope that the find solusion. Sync with google/outlook online service it`s not good idea, especially when phone it`s business device.
    06-06-2013 04:28 AM
    There is another calendar app you may try. Calendar+Live version 2.2.3.2 and it is constantly being updated. Currently it connects to Microsoft account and can download all events. Plus, when you go offline it retains your previous events that was synced until you reconnect again. It can create offline events, and also create multiple events. Give it a try and see how that works for you.
    06-06-2013 09:28 AM
34 12