Looking for a good calendar app

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
$3 is insignificant if you utilize the trial and like it enough to buy. If MS and Nokia charged $3 more but had an amazing built-in calendar instead of the basic one we have now, you wouldn't bat an eye when at the retail store and paying $100 vs $103 or $500 vs $503. Plus, with the app you get continual updates for the life of the app instead of ~1 update a year from MS/Nokia that may never improve the calendar.

I read a lot of the posts by the developer of Week View and exchange some mails from time to time, and I can assure you, a built in app would certainly be better, due to the many API limitations developers face. (I can link you to another forum if you know German, it's an interesting read.)

Also, I thinks a good calender should be on a smartphone nowadays. So yes, as you said, I would prefer to pay 503 dollars for this amazing built-in calendar without the developer limitations.

...and the developer of Week View could develop another app I could buy, as he's a really nice guy and offers a great product by doing the really best he can with what Microsoft has to offer.

wpoblation

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyway, my pinned native double wide tile started displaying entries again. I unpinned it, rebooted, repinned it (still nothing), the following day it started working properly again. Not sure which specific step made it work again (or just as important what caused it to stop).

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I did email the developer. Thanks again for the lead. I'm disappointed that I didn't run across it in the store because it has numerous good reviews. I've done many 'calendar' app searches and usually get a small handful of decent results along with a bunch of bad results. Didn't have as much trouble finding the good apps in the android store.

Makes me worried about new developers gaining traction if the store search isn't that helpful.

+1 to this. I had the opposite problem with android - too many results; too difficult to filter out the noise. Ended up, therefore, just going with the most popular half the time. At the moment, the relative quiet of the WP store is nice.

WHEN IT'S WORKING!!!

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Nice! But again I wish it's free/at least cheaper. Just can't spend $3 on a calendar app, sorry.

haha. What would developer live on? Your goodwill? While I might agree that the calendar as part of the OS should be better (and included), the price for an essential app is reasonable enough.

Thargoid

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps its a dumb question, but if I installed one of these calendars, would it:

a] copy all my appointments, etc over from the default phone calendar?
b] mean I can then uninstall the default calendar?

Thanks.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps its a dumb question, but if I installed one of these calendars, would it:

a] copy all my appointments, etc over from the default phone calendar?
b] mean I can then uninstall the default calendar?

Thanks.

Week View will read out the standard calendar. For categories and colors it will need access to your live account, as there is no API for it. Also, deleting and changing appointments will be over your live account (over the internet) for the same reason.

You can't remove the default calendar.

nathanb131

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been communicating with the developer about vsyscalendar. He's in Japan and on an opposite schedule but very responsive and helpful.

Turns out it has the capability of hiding and showing individual calendars. Just have to long press on the account under the sync settings.

He doesn't speak good English and keeps apologizing for his bad UI and promises that he's improving it. I find that funny because I think this on is among the best calendar UI's.

He's got my paid support. Well deserved.

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I tried appontile and it told me that I had a meeting in 2 hours, when I had already had it 30 minutes before. There is something wrong with the clock!! It?s a pity, because I preferred it in the lockscreen.

Aurdi

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi.

I`m just looking for good offline calendar, with download from m$ account, manual add anniversaries/birthdays and all data must be kept only on my mobile phone. Just tested Chronos Calendar but didn`t find "remind every year" option. Week View have this feature but try sync with my m$ account.

iainmann

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I can thoroughly recommend Chronos Calendar. It's still being developed and updates and good and regular. At the moment, there's no way to enter a recurring event but it's coming soon. Simple Calendar is also good but Chronos does much more, including now syncing with Google as well as Live.

Aurdi

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I write a message to author of Chronos Calendar about my problem, and have hope that the find solusion. Sync with google/outlook online service it`s not good idea, especially when phone it`s business device.

Tomqt

May 24, 2013
Visit site
There is another calendar app you may try. Calendar+Live version 2.2.3.2 and it is constantly being updated. Currently it connects to Microsoft account and can download all events. Plus, when you go offline it retains your previous events that was synced until you reconnect again. It can create offline events, and also create multiple events. Give it a try and see how that works for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99