myBattery: Battery Drain?

q8buckeye

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed recently that my battery hasn't been holding up too well.
When idle, it'll drain around 2% per hour, which is absolutely fine with me. However, It has been giving me only 6hrs from a full, wall charge.
I have a feeling that the app "myBattery", ironically, is to blame. Has anyone else noticed drastic battery drain after installing this app?

App in question: myBattery | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
All of the battery apps are going to drain additional juice to monitor battery. When I was on BB, it was the same problem. Why have a battery monitoring app that kills your battery? I downloaded the first battery app that came out for WP8. I don't remember what it was called, but it made my bad battery life worse on 920. If you are only using 2%/hr on LTE consider yourself lucky. Mine is about 3-4% in a strong LTE market. And that is after a lot of headache and researching to get. I started with 9% avg loss a hour. Dump the battery monitor and just keep an eye on it. If it gets worse, do a soft reset and that should stop any processes that are hung up.

If your battery life is that bad, try a factory reset and manually flash to latest version. That took me from 9% to 3%. Only thing that worked for me. Portico only seemed to stop random drains.

garrymcd

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I first tried this app

Battery Level | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

which caused my battery to drain fast, so I uninstalled it. It got an update, so I tried it again, but it was still the same, so I then tried the app you linked to. Same result, fast battery drain. I've decided to give up on this type of app for now. I don't understand though, cause other people are using these apps with zero problems. All I know is they are not working for me.

DiAbLoxx83

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
When the app is closed, the background agent works approximately every 30 minutes (for few seconds) and only to get battery informations.Then the app can't drain battery....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte