dougger1977

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Is anybody else having trouble with Weave using up a lot of MB? I got a notification today from Verizon saying that I've used up half my data plan for the month already and I've got 3 weeks left to go. When I looked into it, Weave has used 450 MB of the Gig. I turned it off running in the background. Should that fix it? Thoughts?

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
thats a lot of MB. How many feeds have You added?

I have 12GB on my plan so I'm not that scared about it, but MB usage also uses battery and we are all looking for battery savings here. ;)

dougger1977

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Just three feeds - WP news, Humor, and Business. Definitely agree about battery. Hopefully, not allowing it to run in the background fixes the issue.

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Is anybody else having trouble with Weave using up a lot of MB? I got a notification today from Verizon saying that I've used up half my data plan for the month already and I've got 3 weeks left to go. When I looked into it, Weave has used 450 MB of the Gig. I turned it off running in the background. Should that fix it? Thoughts?

How can you tell the specific amount of data usage per app per timeframe? Are you using an app for that?

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested to know as well! I'm having major data overage problems and I have no idea how to monitor what app is doing this. I check Fuse daily which has a lot of feeds, but they're all text/image based... so I'm not sure why I'm going way over. I almost think the carrier (Rogers) has a broken data counter... but I'd like to know how you checked the usage for Weave? Is there an app?

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
>onlineharvest
> Thaman04
Re: "How can you tell the specific amount of data usage per app per timeframe? Are you using an app for that?"

Yes....Data Sense (currently available for Windows Phone 8 thru Verizon). Possibly coming to other carriers eventually.
Use Data Sense to track data usage | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

text of interest:
------------------------------------
"You can pin the Data Sense app to Start, and the Live Tile will automatically update to tell you how much cellular and Wi-Fi data your phone has used. If you open the app, you can see a breakdown of which apps and features are using the most data."
-------------------------------------

The Data Sense App breaks down your overall data usage not only into Cellular vs WiFi, but also into individual App usage in both WiFi and Cellular data amount. If you have a data drainer it will easily show up there when you check the list of Apps.

This individual App data usage is accessed from either the Start page pinned Live Tile or directly thru the App listing of Data Sense. It is NOT shown from the 'Settings/Applications' location where the settings are controlled but no data usage is shown.

So to access App usage info...
- use the App list loc(Start page...swipe left) or the Start page pinned Live Tile loc.
- from the main Data Sense 'Overview' page (shows data amount remaining in your plan for the month)...swipe left to the 'Usage' page and all your Apps are listed showing data usage of each in both Cell and Wifi amounts.

If you aren't with Verizon then hopefully this Data Sense App (from Microsoft) comes to other carriers soon.

Hope this is helpful

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
>onlineharvest
> Thaman04
Re: "How can you tell the specific amount of data usage per app per timeframe? Are you using an app for that?"

Yes....Data Sense (currently available for Windows Phone 8 thru Verizon). Possibly coming to other carriers eventually.
Use Data Sense to track data usage | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

text of interest:
------------------------------------
"You can pin the Data Sense app to Start, and the Live Tile will automatically update to tell you how much cellular and Wi-Fi data your phone has used. If you open the app, you can see a breakdown of which apps and features are using the most data."
-------------------------------------

The Data Sense App breaks down your overall data usage not only into Cellular vs WiFi, but also into individual App usage in both WiFi and Cellular data amount. If you have a data drainer it will easily show up there when you check the list of Apps.

This individual App data usage is accessed from either the Start page pinned Live Tile or directly thru the App listing of Data Sense. It is NOT shown from the 'Settings/Applications' location where the settings are controlled but no data usage is shown.

So to access App usage info...
- use the App list loc(Start page...swipe left) or the Start page pinned Live Tile loc.
- from the main Data Sense 'Overview' page (shows data amount remaining in your plan for the month)...swipe left to the 'Usage' page and all your Apps are listed showing data usage of each in both Cell and Wifi amounts.

If you aren't with Verizon then hopefully this Data Sense App (from Microsoft) comes to other carriers soon.

Hope this is helpful

Thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately, it is not yet available for me in Canada, but I will keep an eye on that app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12