Mehdoh vs. MeTweets--Which is better?

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been using MeTweets and really like it, but after reading about Mehdoh's new update, that app looks pretty good too. There's no free trial, but it's only $0.99, so I may splurge and give it a go anyway. Just curious to hear what you guys think. Which do you like better and why? What are the differences between the two apps? The features on both seem similar.

WOAHesco

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I've tried them ALL. I still think Mehdoh is the absolute best. I use the list feature a lot and it supports customizing the home screen to add lists so i can just swipe right or left and all my lists and feeds are there. Also, they have instagram support so you can view pictures, like and comment (but not post of course).

AmilM

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
There are differences in this apps. MeTweets is the only Tweet client, but Mehdoh is Instagram+SoundCloud+Twitter client.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
My favourites are Gleek and Mehdoh, Gleek is more unique and fun, mehdoh is more simplistic and full featured
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Andrew Milne

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Am I doing something wrong because a few places say that Mehdoh and Gleek allow you to view conversations, but that doesnt seem to be the case? On Gleek I can view a conversation I have been a part of but I want to be able to view a conversation the same way you can on the twitter website. That way, if someone asks a question, I can see whether or not its been answered by anyone, not just me. TweetPhone+ is the only twitter app I have found where I can do this, but that doesnt keep a marker of the last tweet you read. Pretty frustrating. Anyone know if I am doing something wrong, or if there is an app out there that does this?

tacofiend

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Started using MeTweets about a week ago and I really like it, I might still buy Mehdoh though because it looks slick and I like the conversation view. Only problem is until it gets an update I'm still stuck using the Twitter app, since MeTweets crashes whenever I try to tweet and hangs when I hit refresh. I've tried reinstalling it a few times to no avail.

WOAHesco

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Am I doing something wrong because a few places say that Mehdoh and Gleek allow you to view conversations, but that doesnt seem to be the case? On Gleek I can view a conversation I have been a part of but I want to be able to view a conversation the same way you can on the twitter website. That way, if someone asks a question, I can see whether or not its been answered by anyone, not just me. TweetPhone+ is the only twitter app I have found where I can do this, but that doesnt keep a marker of the last tweet you read. Pretty frustrating. Anyone know if I am doing something wrong, or if there is an app out there that does this?

you can view conversations on Mehdoh. When you select a tweet it allows you to swipe to the right and see the conversation (if there is one).

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've tried them ALL. I still think Mehdoh is the absolute best. I use the list feature a lot and it supports customizing the home screen to add lists so i can just swipe right or left and all my lists and feeds are there. Also, they have instagram support so you can view pictures, like and comment (but not post of course).

OK, I think you've just talked me into trying Mehdoh because you can swipe through your lists on the home screen. On MeTweets, you get a "Lists" heading on the home screen, with a list of your Twitter lists below it. You then have to click on the name of each list to view it. It sounds like Mehodh saves a step, since you can view each list on the home screen.

AmilM

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site

Tweet It can do this.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
you can view conversations on Mehdoh. When you select a tweet it allows you to swipe to the right and see the conversation (if there is one).
you can only view conversations in a limited sense. For instance, you cannot click on somebody's tweet (a question, say) and see all the replies it received. I've tried Cowlick, Rowi, Twitter, MeTweets and just bought Mehdoh and none of them do this. And this works online and on the Twitter for Android app.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
you can only view conversations in a limited sense. For instance, you cannot click on somebody's tweet (a question, say) and see all the replies it received. I've tried Cowlick, Rowi, Twitter, MeTweets and just bought Mehdoh and none of them do this. And this works online and on the Twitter for Android app.
just received this reply from our very own Liquid Daffodil via Twitter:
"We don't always have the same API exposed to use as Twitter uses themselves. Convos for yours, yes."
meaning you can view conversations that you are part of. So, it looks like Twitter's APIs for WP8 dont expose this feature. :\

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
OK, I think you've just talked me into trying Mehdoh because you can swipe through your lists on the home screen. On MeTweets, you get a "Lists" heading on the home screen, with a list of your Twitter lists below it. You then have to click on the name of each list to view it. It sounds like Mehodh saves a step, since you can view each list on the home screen.
I just bought Mehdoh and yes, this seems to be the only major difference so far. But a difference that makes the experience more enjoyable. On MeTweets, I'd have to scroll to the lists column/page, select a list to view the tweets, and then click back to go back to the lists page. but in Mehdoh, I can add a particular list as a column so when I scroll to that page, I can see the tweets right there.
Apart from this, both are really solid apps.

Andrew Milne

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
just received this reply from our very own Liquid Daffodil via Twitter:
"We don't always have the same API exposed to use as Twitter uses themselves. Convos for yours, yes."
meaning you can view conversations that you are part of. So, it looks like Twitter's APIs for WP8 dont expose this feature. :\

Not sure thats true because on TweetPhone+ you can view conversations that you are not a part of, and you can on Tweet It too but neither of those seem to remember where you were last time you were reading your tweets. Seems that every twitter app has some features I like but all of them lack something I need.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Not sure thats true because on TweetPhone+ you can view conversations that you are not a part of, and you can on Tweet It too but neither of those seem to remember where you were last time you were reading your tweets. Seems that every twitter app has some features I like but all of them lack something I need.
you're right, I just installed TweetPhone+ and it allowed me to see conversations of a tweet that I wasn't part of. However, I am pretty sure that is because that app uses an older version of Twitter API (it hasn't been updated in a long time). I say so because Mehdo dev had mentioned that this feature was removed from Twitter API v1.1, which is probably what all the recently updated Twitter apps use. I'll confirm with Liquid Daffodil and Mehdoh's dev over Twitter.
Update: Apparently, this was never part of Twitter APIs (MeTweets dev confirmed). And apparently, TweetPhone+ is using some kind of workaround to get this working. The good news, though, is that the devs of Gleek, MeTweets and Mehdoh know about this (TweetPhone+getting it to work) and will definitely come up with a solution, if one exists....or hopefully a work-around at least.

Last edited:

Andrew Milne

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
you're right, I just installed TweetPhone+ and it allowed me to see conversations of a tweet that I wasn't part of. However, I am pretty sure that is because that app uses an older version of Twitter API (it hasn't been updated in a long time). I say so because Mehdo dev had mentioned that this feature was removed from Twitter API v1.1, which is probably what all the recently updated Twitter apps use. I'll confirm with Liquid Daffodil and Mehdoh's dev over Twitter.
Update: Apparently, this was never part of Twitter APIs (MeTweets dev confirmed). And apparently, TweetPhone+ is using some kind of workaround to get this working. The good news, though, is that the devs of Gleek, MeTweets and Mehdoh know about this (TweetPhone+getting it to work) and will definitely come up with a solution, if one exists....or hopefully a work-around at least.

Nice work! Hope they do manange to come up with something. The official twitter app doesn't even to it, and is quite frankly pretty poor

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok, here's the latest:
1. Twitter removed conversation support for 3rd-party application developers from their API v1.1. So apps like Gleek, Rowi, cowlick, MeTweets, Mehdoh do not have access to these APIs.
2. 3rd party app TweetPhone+ hasn't been updated in a very long time, which most likely indicates that it is using Twitter's v1.0 API which had this feature exposed, albeit hidden.
3. Twitter is very likely going to stop providing support for its v1.0 APIs soon (in a month or two).
4. The people hub does show replies to certain tweets. I noticed that it does not show all replies to all tweets (compared against TweetPhone+) but nevertheless it does show some replies. This is because the People Hub in WP8 is a partner app, not a 3rd party app.
5. Twitter sucks for trying to run brilliant 3rd part devs out of business.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon