Do you want on windows phone 8, a file explorer/manager?

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
No need for this.

For you maybe. But many of us actually use our phones to be productive and without file explorer, it can never be an enterprise phone. Same reason iPhone sucks in enterprise. But its trendy so people make do. WP is not trendy. I burn thru my data monthly because Skydrive is the only file explorer I can access from phone.

Zigro79

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I agree, it's a bit of a pain to constantly connect to your pc if you want to make a song on the phone into a ringtone. You have to physically copy the file to the ringtones folder. An explorer type app would help with this or else but an option onto the music files to use this as a ringtone.

lachu1947

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
We definitely need File Manager. I need to be the boss of my phone. There are lot of apps and functions missing in WP8 but I guess MS will get them sooner or later. I'm using WinMo since v5 till v6.5 and now WP8. I will stick to WP as long as MS don't go the Apple way controlling everything. I dont want a guy sitting at Redmond decide what I do with MY phone. If you do, then we have Android.

And for all those folks who vote against: If you love simplicity and security than anything else, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE APP. You can decide for yourself but have no right to decide for others.

hoosiers7120

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes, my vision is that windows phone 8 platform could have the capabilities that a normal windows PC have but with similar UI that is currently being used. It would def. make the the OS stronger and give the users more control over it.

mlouisville

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I'm fairly new to this forum as I used to have 2 Windows phones way back when. Since then I've gone from the Blackberry to iPhone and I'm in the process of deciding whether or not my company is going to convert all our employees to WinPhone8. So please accept my apology if I'm asking something that has been posted all over here, but I've been trying to search and can't find either posts about or the correct place to post this. We are looking at some sort of way to get our employee's google phone numbers on the WinPhone. I'm looking at clients and have only found Metro Talk Free & $1.99. Are there any better suggestions? Thank you in advance!!

Sergio Marjotski

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I love my Lumia, however, i feel i made a huge mistake having chosen a windows phone, because i cannot manage files other than video, music and image files, so i do surely want to have a file manager at my phone

Shiva XT Global

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes!
I want to make folders for each album on my phone and move them by my choice in the phone itself. It should be smart and allow me to do things without connecting it to the computer always.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3