Any Podcast Apps Support Unified "Unplayed" List?

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking for a podcast app that will allow me to sort/group all of my "unplayed" podcasts into a single view. I subscribe to about twenty podcasts and it would be nice to be able to open my app in the morning and just see the most recently available *episodes* I haven't listened to. If anyone has used Instacast on iOS you'll know what I'm talking about. Their Unplayed playlist aggregated every episode from across all subscribed podcasts and sorted them chronologically (see image below).

So far I've tried X Box Music and SlapDash, and both of them force me to continually pop in and out of my various podcasts. The constant in/out was the reason I left iOS in the first place!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

WP_20130110_001.jpg

View attachment 26543

Last edited:

anon(464113)

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I've been hunting something like this also. I listen to my podcasts while driving. Having to dig out the phone, find the next podcast and hit play is a huge pain in the rear and might just get me ticketed for using my phone while driving. All I want is to be able to (1) automatically download new episodes and (2) play the new episodes in a queue with one beginning at the end of the last (preferably oldest to newest, but that's not a deal breaker) .
Any suggested apps, anyone? So far I've tried Podcatcher, Wpodder, Podcast Picker. Man, I really miss Doggcatcher from my android Thunderbolt!

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
All I want is to be able to ... (2) play the new episodes in a queue with one beginning at the end of the last (preferably oldest to newest, but that's not a deal breaker) .

I feel like I recently saw someone mention an app that lets you create a playlist for continuous listening. I don't even need that function. Just show me all of my *episodes*, and don't force me to pop in and out of every subscription folder.

anon(5518418)

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I to had been searching for this and finally it has been implemented, well sort of only its the typical buggy. Podcast Picker has the option now to create a playlist, so you download your podcasts add them to playlist and away you go. I say buggy as it is. If you add say 10 podcast and are halfway through podcast number 3 and pause, when you hit play again it starts right back at podcast number 1, also while you may be on podcast number 3 the graphic doesn't change, it still shows your on Podcast number 1.

mturner7472

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I've tried em all. pod.me crashes after the 2nd or 3rd episode/segment during each 'playall' session I attempt ... then it gives repeating errors when trying to play a file ... ultimately saying it's unsupported media type?!?! ... seriously, I see SO much potential in POD.ME but it crashes WAY too much .... i'd probably pay $5 if that app worked without crashing

as I mentioned, I've tried them all and I always find my way back to WPODDER ... another one i'd pay even more for if it had a few extra features / refreshed UI ... aside from that, if you're looking for a true "list" of unplayed episodes, wpodder has that ... it's one of the pivots from the main screen when you start the app ... you start on the MY FEEDS pivot, from left to right you have the following pivots ... UNFINISHED ... NEW ... DOWNLOADED ... so if you just work from the bottom of the "NEW" pivot, you'll listen to everything you've downloaded from OLDEST to NEWEST. unfortunately, there is no "play all" ... so we're forced to pull our phones out everytime a segment completes ... fortunately, this app rarely EVER crashes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss