FTP App?

sonardude1

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Few weeks old into the Windows Phone 8 world and am really surprised that there are only 2 FTP apps in the store (MyFTP and FTP On The Go).

Has anyone used either of these and if so, would you recommend either?
Do they work as intended. Upload / Downloading of files?
I'm not really worried about editing a website from my phone, which sounds like what FTP On The Go is designed to do ( just a file editor that can access a file on a file server?) more so than actual file uploading / downloading.?

Any thoughts? TIA

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't have much of a use of ftp anymore.

What are you wanting to do? Why do you need ftp?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
As about FTP Client. myFTP should do the trick. I don't have any FTP Server to access, so I really cannot recommend which one is better.

WP8 has "Pocket FTP Server". Not a client, but a server on your phone. With Image library/Local Store/ SkyDrive and Dropbox support. It acts like an replacement for File Explorer. That is sad we have no real access to file system. Hope MS will change it in future.

RichHowerton

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
there are some http web based "ftp" file server options available, instead of using an ftp server, that would serve this purpose. Easy File Sharing Web Server comes to mind.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I would like to add my disappointment at the lack of FTP Clients for WP8. Very disappointing but hopefully someone is able to put a decent one together at some point.

Jeremy K

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Have you considered our client FTPme?
Quite a few people are using it with their seedboxes.

If it doesn't meet your needs, please let us know - we are very open to user feedback.

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Have you considered our client FTPme?
Quite a few people are using it with their seedboxes.

If it doesn't meet your needs, please let us know - we are very open to user feedback.
I am currently using myftp and it is a good start. I like I can download and stream music. However, it would be much better if I could not only download videos but play them with something like moliplayer or the soon to be released vlc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss