So who's snubbing us for BB10?

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I was really hoping with the NHL season finally happening that they would release their gamecenter app for WP but as usual I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. What caught my attention though was that the guys over on crackberry found a reference to it being released on Blackberry 10.
I assume there's a bit of Canadian national pride at play here but I don't see how there's any excuse for supporting BB and not WP, especially when Verizon is a premiere partner of the league who has said they "care" about WP8 and also advertise a special edition for 4G phones (which is now blatantly false for not supporting all 4G phones they sell).
This isn't the first case of us potentially getting passed over either (instagram comes to mind). Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see BB10 succeed (though not at the expense of WP) but I'm starting to get really annoyed trying to figure out what these developers are thinking by refusing to support a platform that even with as small marketshare as it has still has >10 million users in favor of one with zero users.
Google apps aside, because we all know that's deliberate, what reasons could they possibly give for this? Do they really think BB is still that strong of a brand that it's going to rebound and sell millions and millions right away? Do they think ignoring WP will make it go away? Is RIM just throwing money at them, and if they are, are they asking them to not develop for WP? RIM said they're going to have 70,000 apps at launch and while I know there's a lot of existing BB devs who were going to move to the new platform regardless, jumping to more than half of what we have over two years just doesn't make sense? My head hurts just thinking about it.

Sidenote: on the NHL's app faq page there was fine print about "Windows Phone 7 coming for 2010-11 season" that was left there for a *very* long time and was only recently removed which makes their thought process on this even more mind-boggling

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I was pretty convinced that RIM was done as well but the stocks and the mild hype tell a different story. They really took their time with BB10 and apparently it shows.

We will see though, Canada is such a small population that RIM needs a lot more than them to survive let alone kill Windows Phone. They have an outside shot though.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
they took all right, they took something from every OS that has been out in the last 5 years. It looks like a mishmash of Apple, Google, Microsoft, and even some Palm thrown in. I expect at least a few lawsuits, even if they don't stick.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I am starting to get concerned about the lack of developer interest, I've been with WP since the beginning and it just seems developers hate MS

Even MS is releasing apps/games for win 8/rt and not wp8 ...... :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12