12-27-2013 07:56 PM
146 ... 3456
tools
    They are asking for iOS app feedback and the Android users are hijacking the thread.
    Might as well head over there:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    I love how they're answering all of the Android users, but ignoring the Windows Phone users.
    07-02-2013 11:23 PM
    Really quick post. I've made contact with the person responsible for Mobile channel for WP8. All I can say is that it is looking good. Really sorry that I can't go into too much detail.
    07-11-2013 05:56 PM
    I've pinged (yet again...) USAA on the status of a W8 app - even asked them if anyone was tracking how many manpower and dollar resources USAA was spending on answering emails and other contacts with members on this subject vs just building the app. Reply came in less than an hour:

[INFO]Thank you for checking up on the Windows 8 app. We are still experiencing issues with the Windows 7 app working on the Windows 8 phone and do not have a time frame for which the app will be released. We sincerely appreciate your patience in this matter.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

We value your business and the opportunity to serve all your financial needs.

Thank you,
    Amber Hackett[/INFO]

USAA should come out with an general message to its members either stating it is or isn't intending to support W8 instead of dribbling out messages that can be interpreted either way...
    07-22-2013 11:26 AM
    In a few months...you will love us again ;)
    09-05-2013 10:20 AM
    I hope this comes out soon...
    09-06-2013 12:54 PM
    Sure hope you are not just teasing us! Thanks Ari69!
    09-06-2013 01:43 PM
    Sure hope you are not just teasing us! Thanks Ari69!
    On principle, I don't trust people with "69" at the end of their username. ;)

Hope they're right, though!
    09-06-2013 01:44 PM
    Nothing in a while..... Please sign the petition I just created on change.org. https://www.change.org/p/usaa-bank-r...indows-phone-8
    dalydose likes this.
    10-10-2013 09:27 AM
    Ok, I've signed the petition, if your want this app back let USAA know by signing the petition.

Sent from my Nokia 920 using Tapatalk
    10-10-2013 10:03 AM
    Ditto here - just signed. Also tweeted with #USAA hashtag... USAA are you listening at all????
    10-10-2013 10:12 AM
    I logged into my USAA account and launched a complaint...everyone should be doing this---seriously. If enough people launch complaints, they WILL do something about it.
    Here's their response.

Dear Mr. xxxxxx,

Thank you for your message regarding
    USAA not currently supporting an app on the Windows Phone 8. We apologize for
    any inconvenience or frustration this may have caused. We have forwarded your
    feedback to the appropriate department for further review. USAA is currently
    evaluating what changes are needed in order for the USAA Mobile App for Windows
    Phones to be the best experience available. We do ask that you visit www.mobile.usaa.com for access
    to your financial needs.

It is our goal to provide quality products and
    superior service to all our members. We continually look for ways to improve our
    products and services for our members, and your comments will help us do
    so.

We value your business and the opportunity to serve all your financial
    needs.

Thank you,
    William
    USAA

USAA means United
    Services Automobile Association and its affiliates.
    10-11-2013 01:21 PM
    Did the same, will keep doing it at least once a week until we get something. The old app used to work fine IMO.
    10-11-2013 04:39 PM
    Sorry for the long laps in communication. I was fortunate enough to speak to the developers about the USAA app. From what they tell me, internal piloting of new app will begin at the end of this year and plan to have the app available Q1 2014. I know it seems like forever but at least we do know it is going to happen (at least this is what I was told). Please don't let this information make it to the front page of WP Central.
    10-30-2013 02:37 PM
    Thanks for the update! Yes, a very long time and such a disappointment from a company as good as USAA normally is. Please let us know what else you hear as you hear it!
    10-30-2013 02:48 PM
    It was really supposted to be released in November but testing showed some issue that had to be re-written into the app. USAA will not put out an app that is half-baked so it was decided to delay it a little so that all the bugs could be worked out. I'm thinking Jan - Feb but this is just my guess.
    10-30-2013 02:53 PM
    Did the same, will keep doing it at least once a week until we get something. The old app used to work fine IMO.
    I wonder if you can find the XAP (I'm sure on one of the 3rd party sites you could find it) and side load it into WP8....and if it will work..
    10-30-2013 02:58 PM
    Please Feel free to post this information everywhere.

I first sent a very demanding letter (Oct 31st) to the Support team and requested information on whom I could contact with authority and threatened to close my account. Today Nov 8th, I received a phone call from their offices. I was told a new app should be out by end of year. I asked, this year, next year, fiscal year? She is going to find out and call me back Monday. My Parents, Brother and myself have also, hand written letters to the below USAA address, threating to move all our accounts.

I find it saddening that Veterans with a Veterans focused firm, have to go through such extremes.

Dear Mr. Mikado,

Thank you for your ongoing correspondence regarding the availability of a USAA Mobile App for the Windows 8 Phone. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. At this time, you can send your feedback directly to our CEO Member Relations offices with the following address:

USAA Federal Savings Bank
    Attn: CEO Member Relations, C O1 W
    10750 McDermott Freeway
    San Antonio, TX 78284-8426

Additionally, our Website Customer Support department is available to assist you every day until midnight Central Time. They can be reached by calling 1-877-632-3002 and saying "Website Support" at the prompt.

We value your business and the opportunity to serve all your financial needs.

Thank you,
    Katie Jeannoutot
    USA
    11-08-2013 07:51 PM
    I signed the change.org petition, I hope something happens soon.
    11-12-2013 09:04 PM
    Guys, relax! No need for change.org or threatning letters. App is coming, just be patient.
    11-14-2013 04:00 PM
    Guys, relax! No need for change.org or threatening letters. App is coming, just be patient.
    We all hope you're right but the fact is, there isn't an app right now because of "lack of demand".
    Also, I won't believe the noise until it's back in the marketplace.
    Keep the pressure on them, otherwise the perception is there isn't a demand for it.
    11-16-2013 07:53 AM
    Unfortunately I recieved this email from USAA just yesterday. Looks like all the rumors of a new app are false.

Dear Mr. Plante,

Thank you for your message regarding the USAA App for Windows. I am sorry, however, due to the limited adoption by our members and the industry at large, we are not releasing a USAA Mobile App for Windows Phone 8 at this time.

We will continually monitor industry and member trends to help determine what devices and platforms we develop mobile applications for. Adoption trends change over time. As the Windows Phone adoption grows we will determine when to re-enter the Windows Phone Marketplace.

I value your business and the opportunity to serve all your financial needs.

Thank you,
    Jesse Gonzales
    USAA

USAA means United Services Automobile Association and its affiliates.
    11-21-2013 02:19 PM
    I noticed they changed something on USAA's side within the last couple of days... I had downloaded the USAA app for my 920 before they pulled it... It used to have a blue background when I was on the accounts page... It is now white and isn't the same theme of the rest of the app.

Anyhow, I downloaded the USAA WP7 app and am going to try and install it manually on my new 1520 when it gets here. I have my doubts that it won't install though, as the WP site says it is only for WP7 & 7.5 on the download page.

USAA | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    11-21-2013 10:30 PM
    I noticed they changed something on USAA's side within the last couple of days... I had downloaded the USAA app for my 920 before they pulled it... It used to have a blue background when I was on the accounts page... It is now white and isn't the same theme of the rest of the app.

Anyhow, I downloaded the USAA WP7 app and am going to try and install it manually on my new 1520 when it gets here. I have my doubts that it won't install though, as the WP site says it is only for WP7 & 7.5 on the download page.

USAA | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    I tried it on my 928 (dev unlocked), and it doesn't work.
    11-22-2013 10:48 AM
    Although some are hearing that the USAA app is not being worked on, I'm here to tell you that it is. They are actually beta testing internally (which I'm trying to get on the list) and I've even seen screenshots of the app. Please don't get discouraged, it is coming. I have been told that there will be no official announcement so as soon as I hear something, I'll let you guys know.
    11-26-2013 04:25 PM
    Although some are hearing that the USAA app is not being worked on, I'm here to tell you that it is. They are actually beta testing internally (which I'm trying to get on the list) and I've even seen screenshots of the app. Please don't get discouraged, it is coming. I have been told that there will be no official announcement so as soon as I hear something, I'll let you guys know.
    I hope you are right. My 1520 should be here today :D
    11-27-2013 09:08 AM
146 ... 3456