The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-27-2013 07:56 PM
146 ... 456
tools
    Although some are hearing that the USAA app is not being worked on, I'm here to tell you that it is. They are actually beta testing internally (which I'm trying to get on the list) and I've even seen screenshots of the app. Please don't get discouraged, it is coming. I have been told that there will be no official announcement so as soon as I hear something, I'll let you guys know.
    Thanks, Ari - but you underscore why I left USAA over their lack of a WP8 app: They haven't communicated squat.

I was very disappointed that an online bank that likes pushing the envelope with new technologies ended up being in absolute last place with a WP8 app (that still doesn't exist). But the fact that we have to hear from a good natured and willing-to-help fella like yourself instead of from USAA cinched it for me.

I left USAA's banking accounts months ago over the lack of a WP8 app (I had to use the kids' first generation iPad to deposit checks since my brand-new WP8 has never been able to). When WP8 finally gets an app, they're already very late to the party since the majority of mainstream banks already have WP8 apps that allow check deposits via snapshot.

Other banks invited me over. USAA did nothing to keep me. Sorry USAA. It was good knowing ya.
    11-28-2013 01:16 AM
    Although some are hearing that the USAA app is not being worked on, I'm here to tell you that it is. They are actually beta testing internally (which I'm trying to get on the list) and I've even seen screenshots of the app. Please don't get discouraged, it is coming. I have been told that there will be no official announcement so as soon as I hear something, I'll let you guys know.
    I too hope you're right...if you can capture pictures of the app running on an employee phone that would do a lot for morale.
    12-03-2013 01:04 PM
    I too hope you're right...if you can capture pictures of the app running on an employee phone that would do a lot for morale.
    Please do not violate your NDA and follow this bad advice.
    12-03-2013 01:23 PM
    Please do not violate your NDA and follow this bad advice.
    Agreed. While it would be great for those of us who want the app, it would not be so great to lose your job for posting a picture. Keep your job. Christmas is a lousy time to be unemployed.
    jleebiker likes this.
    12-03-2013 04:51 PM
    Thanks for understanding. I actually got on the beta today and have been trying out the app. It's a little different than the iPhone app due to Metro interface but still very usable. And yes, quick logon is an available setting. It's looking good guys. Perhaps you'll get this as a Christmas present :).
    jonathanrn, jleebiker and hopmedic like this.
    12-03-2013 10:53 PM
    Thanks, Ari - but you underscore why I left USAA over their lack of a WP8 app: They haven't communicated squat.

I was very disappointed that an online bank that likes pushing the envelope with new technologies ended up being in absolute last place with a WP8 app (that still doesn't exist). But the fact that we have to hear from a good natured and willing-to-help fella like yourself instead of from USAA cinched it for me.

I left USAA's banking accounts months ago over the lack of a WP8 app (I had to use the kids' first generation iPad to deposit checks since my brand-new WP8 has never been able to). When WP8 finally gets an app, they're already very late to the party since the majority of mainstream banks already have WP8 apps that allow check deposits via snapshot.

Other banks invited me over. USAA did nothing to keep me. Sorry USAA. It was good knowing ya.
    This is understandable and I'm sorry to hear that you left such a great organization. Perhaps one day you'll reconsider coming back.
    12-03-2013 11:13 PM
    Ari, just a thought: I've used the USAA mobile site just fine on my Lumia 822, however there are 2 things that make it undesirable. First, no quick logon. Second, no mobile check deposit. If the mobile site is HTML5, why doesn't the USAA crew just add those features along with mirroring the feature set like the iPhone app? CNN.com is an excellent example. It's mobile site is nearly identical to the app on any of the mobile platforms. I'm a firm believer in full featured HTML5 mobile sites because it eliminates the need to create an app for each of the various mobile OS's, and you only have one service to maintain.
    12-04-2013 09:20 PM
    An administrator named "Analisa" at the USAA forums confirmed the app to be "coming soon" too.
    12-04-2013 09:35 PM
    Thanks for understanding. I actually got on the beta today and have been trying out the app. It's a little different than the iPhone app due to Metro interface but still very usable. And yes, quick logon is an available setting. It's looking good guys. Perhaps you'll get this as a Christmas present :).
    Thanks for the update, Ari. Let us know whatever you can. Meaning whatever you're ALLOWED to.
    12-05-2013 01:08 PM
    Good news guys, the USAA app should be available today on Microsoft App Store!!!
    12-09-2013 10:13 AM
    I still had the old version installed and just got the new one as an update.
    12-09-2013 10:53 AM
    12-09-2013 10:56 AM
    WOOHOO! Thank you, Ari!
    12-09-2013 12:08 PM
    Woot! Christmas came early this year!
    12-09-2013 01:06 PM
    I got my USAA App Update noticed Today.... FINNALY it is here.
    12-09-2013 05:15 PM
    Thanks USAA for finally getting the app back for W8! However it appears work still needed. Mobile Deposit would not recognize the front numbers on a check I wanted to deposit in spite of multiple tries with multiple light and background... Also appears you can't use Quick Logon if you are using Secure Log On for normal web access...
    Ok, after deleting and reloading the app, on the third attempt I was able to enable the Quick Logon feature of the app! It's getting there...
    Last edited by Aviator72; 12-12-2013 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Tried using different features
    12-10-2013 09:10 PM
    The new app crashes for me on startup. Lumia 920 with Amber update and newest OS version. Anyone else having issues? What's USAA's app support Twitter account?
    12-11-2013 04:51 PM
    FWIW, It's working fine on my 1520... I can try it on my 920 tonight.
    12-13-2013 11:33 AM
    The new app crashes for me on startup. Lumia 920 with Amber update and newest OS version. Anyone else having issues? What's USAA's app support Twitter account?
    First thing I'd do is uninstall/reinstall from the store. This will solve this problem most of the time.
    12-13-2013 11:34 AM
    Sorry for taking so long to test it out.... When I updated the app on my 920, it would crash... After deleting it and reinstalling, it is working like a champ. Must have been an issue with settings not converting over correctly.
    12-26-2013 03:38 PM
    Sorry for taking so long to test it out.... When I updated the app on my 920, it would crash... After deleting it and reinstalling, it is working like a champ. Must have been an issue with settings not converting over correctly.
    Most likely they did not develop for the upgrade scenario since they'd pulled the app from the store so long ago. They probably figured that no one - or not enough to worry about - was using it.
    12-27-2013 07:56 PM
146 ... 456