Words with Friends app is unstable?

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe I had to pay for this garbage. It's been unusable for weeks. Even when it was usable it was horrible in every way compared to the version I had on my iPhone 4.

Zynga needs to fix this app pronto or give me my money back.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I paid for it too assuming they had a bit class about the Zynga name. Even worse than Zynga, Microsoft store allowed this crap in the store in the first place.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Ya, I've been playing the past couple weeks and counting without issues. I got it free when they were giving it away at one point though.

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I never noticed anything bad. Maybe an occasional force close but nothing to rustle your jimmies about.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Huh? The thing has always looked like junk. After the update a while back it was slow, but usable. For the last few weeks it is stuck in an update cycle.

Just go to the store and read the reviews. Terrible.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Didnt have any issues on mine, had one crash, but otherwise worked normally. I got it free with adds for the 920. The game is boring in general so i stopped playing

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I gave up on using the app - saying it sucks is giving it WAY too much credit. I just play on my PC now. It's easier.

I pretty much only play word games on my phone so not having this one work well is a bummer.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't have time to play games but I do appreciate this game and it's allowance to casually play with a few buddies some games, no time pressure with turns. :)

Not sure why people say it sucks though. It's just scrabble, you play letters and wait your turn :)

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Huh? The thing has always looked like junk. After the update a while back it was slow, but usable. For the last few weeks it is stuck in an update cycle.

Just go to the store and read the reviews. Terrible.
haha were not disagreeing with you, just stating our own experiences. Now I did uninstall it as I didn't like it on this phone but I got Alphajax instead.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

RobbieRobski

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
It sucks. Here's why

Instant notification that Soandso made their move. Launch app but it still shows that they have not made their turn, wait 10-30 seconds, then it finally updates.
Open a game try to place tiles, QUITE often there is significant delay before you are even allowed to move a tile zoom in or out.

The app sometimes seem to "lose" your login credentials. Well they dont have a way to reenter them so you have to uninstall/reinstall

The app loads but it will not load any games or progress.

I have had to uninstall/reinstall so many times it is ridiculous.

Alpha jax is virtually the same game and it is smooth as butter, sadly it is not multiplatform.

Samsung Focus (original) with 7.5

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
It sucks. Here's why

Instant notification that Soandso made their move. Launch app but it still shows that they have not made their turn, wait 10-30 seconds, then it finally updates.
Open a game try to place tiles, QUITE often there is significant delay before you are even allowed to move a tile zoom in or out.

The app sometimes seem to "lose" your login credentials. Well they dont have a way to reenter them so you have to uninstall/reinstall

The app loads but it will not load any games or progress.

I have had to uninstall/reinstall so many times it is ridiculous.

Alpha jax is virtually the same game and it is smooth as butter, sadly it is not multiplatform.

Samsung Focus (original) with 7.5
Similar problems on my Lumia 920...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss