Alternative to OnPage

josephtd

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
With all of the traffic on these forums about unsupported, missing or just simply Apps with lack of feature parity on Windows Phone 8, I know I amy not get much sympathy on this, but....

Does anyone know of any alternatives to OnPage for Windows Phone. I have been using it since it launched on iOS to get priority messages in a pager like fashion for IT support. It essentially allows you to send messages to an email (or App to App) and repeat notifies until acknowledged. It's actually a pretty nifty app. When I got my 920 in November, I contacted them about Windows Phone since they also support Android and Blackberry, but didn't get much in the way of an encouraging response, so I am curious if anything similar already exists.

Is anyone else missing this App? I know it is popular with hospitals, doctors, etc, but I figured there might be some uptake in the IT/Server support space as well.

For the time being, I am stuck taking the iPad with me wherever I go.

Thanks

libby4522

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I too have been using OnPage on my iPhone 4s and have found it extremely useful. I did the free 2 week trial and after only a couple days I realized it is what I have been looking for! The repeated delivery is a great feature as I have not missed one page with OnPage!

Problem is I have to now use my Windows phone at work , and OnPage is not compatible with Windows Phones yet so I see your dilemma as well. I did call the company though and ask them, (extremely nice!) and they told me that I should make a request for a windows phone compatible app because its all market demand and they just haven’t had that much demand for it. So let’s all make requests on the windows phones and maybe they will develop it soon! They said to go to the contact us forum and just make a request! Cheers!

josephtd

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I reached out again to them today and received the same response... No market demand. I don't see why they would be disinterested in doing a Windows RT/Desktop and then a Phone port.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism