USA Today-gone?!?

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Uninstalled today to try and fix my live tile problem and now it says "no longer published". It is still listed at their site. I hope they haven't abandoned WP!
'.

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Which isn't me..

Why do I have the this feeling that with each passing week and month that 7.x is being left behind then forgotten about..:crying:. Yeah I know. Because it is.

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Which isn't me..

Why do I have the this feeling that with each passing week and month that 7.x is being left behind then forgotten about..:crying:. Yeah I know. Because it is.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Which isn't me..

Well, the same thing happens with WP8 apps. I can think of 2 apps I personally used that in the last few weeks got pulled from WP8 marketplace but remain in WP7 marketplace (one is being updated, and the other the dev abandoned WP and refuses to update their code to fix one compatibility issue).

7.x isn't being left behind and forgotten about. Besides, Microsoft is still releasing new devices on 7.x.

Pocket PC

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I just got a warranty replacement phone yesterday and went to load USA Today which is now available as a VERY poor imitation - just an RSS feed with a background and buttons. What a shame! It was my most-used app. I'd think the Liberals would be worried too since their propaganda channel is gone. Haha - it is pretty liberal. They prarise Obama, Apple, and Prius to regularly. I had to load Fox News right nest to it to get a right-wing view of the news. Personally, I'm somewhere in the middle - politically speaking so FOX news is often ridiculous too.

USA today was one of THE best apps of all time for windows phone 7 and I'm sad to see it reduced to the garbage that's there now. PLEASE bring it back! It's available as a WP8 app only

Oh, and I see one can download the ap as an XAP file.but it says to install using an SD card. Anyone know how to install this app without an SD card since most phones don't have expandable memory any longer?

JustinSalvato

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I did the same thing. This was before I knew that the Live Tile situation was system wide. So I too have no USA Today app because it is no longer in the Windows Phone 7 Marketplace. DAMMIT! :angry:

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I just got a warranty replacement phone yesterday and went to load USA Today which is now available as a VERY poor imitation - just an RSS feed with a background and buttons. What a shame! It was my most-used app. I'd think the Liberals would be worried too since their propaganda channel is gone. Haha - it is pretty liberal. They prarise Obama, Apple, and Prius to regularly. I had to load Fox News right nest to it to get a right-wing view of the news. Personally, I'm somewhere in the middle - politically speaking so FOX news is often ridiculous too.

USA today was one of THE best apps of all time for windows phone 7 and I'm sad to see it reduced to the garbage that's there now. PLEASE bring it back! It's available as a WP8 app only

Oh, and I see one can download the ap as an XAP file.but it says to install using an SD card. Anyone know how to install this app without an SD card since most phones don't have expandable memory any longer?
Where did you see the XAP file? I just uninstalled this today to try to fix the live tile only to find out about it not being available. I can insall XAP files with my developer account, but can't find the XAP anywhere.

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Go to the app page online (not on your phone) and near the bottom left is"download and install manually".
Strange that it is still listed but says "no longer published".
Why oh why can we not keep a copy of apps like Windows Mobile days?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786