For both SkyDrive and Box users.

Corey

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I had Box long before SkyDrive, and use it for my school stuff mostly. I use SkyDrive more now because of the ease of integration on my phone and computer, but Box is still my storehouse for all my documents and files for classes.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I use SkyDrive as my daily storage for its great sync between my devices and Box as an additional backup drive for photos/videos/music since I got the 50 free GB when I got a TouchPad.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I had Box long before SkyDrive, and use it for my school stuff mostly. I use SkyDrive more now because of the ease of integration on my phone and computer, but Box is still my storehouse for all my documents and files for classes.

I was thinking about using it on my Surface to hold all my documents I type on it so they don't clutter on my tablet's meager 11GB remaining out of 32 :-(

Ozi1950

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I have 125gb with Box across three different accounts and I am using it to store all of my music, videos, and pictures. All my documents are stored now on Skydrive because the integration with 920 is pretty good.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have 125gb with Box across three different accounts and I am using it to store all of my music, videos, and pictures. All my documents are stored now on Skydrive because the integration with 920 is pretty good.

Could I use music storage in Box to stream to my phone?

Ozi1950

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Could I use music storage in Box to stream to my phone?

You can play music from the Box app, but cannot make playlists or transfer them to music app on the phone. So, to answer your question, yes, you could stream, but you have to manually change every song which is kinda pain in a butt and you have to be careful if you have limited data plan. I hope this helps.

Ozi1950

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Box saved my pictures on proshot extension, any ideas to convert to png or jpg? or just change manually to .jpg??

If you're doing everything with your Box app it won't let you change the extension name, at least it didn't let me. Maybe when you take a picture with Proshot, you can open that picture in some other app like Creative Studio or similar and then save it as .jpg

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I use Box for work, their desktop sync software works pretty well. All of my work documents are on there and its seamlessly synced between 5 devices. I like Box because setting permissions and sharing with colleagues is easy and it allows assigning tasks, comments, and tracking revisions etc (the things I need for work). Also, Box has a lot of plugins and stuff for your browser and programs that aren't available yet for Skydrive. Skydrive integration with Office 13 is great... but I would have to mix work and personal documents on Skydrive.

The only reason I don't use Skydrive for both work and personal is that WP8 doesn't support two live profiles (and its a pain in Win8 to use 2 profiles) and I don't want to mix work and personal. If MS ever allows dual profiles (which I think they will eventually, lots of positive press for BB10 for this) I'll probably use Skydrive how I use Box.

IMO both are great, but each is better at different things.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster