06-09-2017 09:12 AM
2,260 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    I love this apps , bought it after I read this article , and I must say its not magical , everything you do with it could be done with the normal UI , except it has a perfectly working White Balance that makes it worth the buck.
    i must said, this is definitely magical. try all this with your Normal UI :)

Amazing light trail photography that can never be done on any other mobile phone at all.
    2013_03_05_22_12_53_proshot.jpg

Sharp yet high contrast night landscape photography, that is on par with DSLR where it's achievable with a tripod.
    2013_03_01_22_23_15_proshot.jpg

Manual focus advantages over Automatic focus, makes shooting on running toddler even easier and magically creates minor "depth of field" with no post-processing. it's very difficulty to walk and shoot on a moving object with Auto Focus.
    2013_03_06_17_50_22_proshot.jpg
    2013_03_06_17_51_23_proshot.jpg
    Jaripi, abel920, Kriminal and 2 others like this.
    03-11-2013 12:13 PM
    i must said, this is definitely magical. try all this with your Normal UI :)

Amazing light trail photography that can never be done on any other mobile phone at all.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013_03_05_22_12_53_ProShot.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	994.2 KB 
ID:	30378

Sharp yet high contrast night landscape photography, that is on par with DSLR where it's achievable with a tripod.

Name:	2013_03_01_22_23_15_ProShot.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	999.2 KB 
ID:	30379

Manual focus advantages over Automatic focus, makes shooting on running toddler even easier and magically creates minor "depth of field" with no post-processing. it's very difficulty to walk and shoot on a moving object with Auto Focus.

Name:	2013_03_06_17_50_22_ProShot.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	863.7 KB 
ID:	30380

Name:	2013_03_06_17_51_23_ProShot.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	837.2 KB 
ID:	30381

pennzoilgtr, I've become a fan!
    abel920, Nabkawe5 and pennzoilgtr like this.
    03-11-2013 12:25 PM
    I'm sorry for the slow response, still trying to catch up with everything in my life after the rough development schedule this past month.

Q for developer
    i just tried your app and for sure i will buy it now :)
    fantastic work thought i am newbie in photography but with trying all these options i will get best from this camera :)

but i wana report 1 thing i notice that when i open app and still did not take any pics when i flip my phone to side all screen flip to

but after i take 1 pic or more that screen will never flip if i change mobile position
    is that normal or what ?

and i think it is with latest update but still eating alot from battery and getting phone hot
    Does this happen every time? I can't seem to replicate it on any of my devices. It should flip when you change your phone's orientation, but it won't if the phone is lying flat on a table.

Also, which version are you running? As of v2.5, ProShot has pretty similar power requirements to the default camera app, so there should be no heat issues.

Could please someone explain why am I seeing this black area in Proshot in view mode (camera is looking at white window sill)? It looks normal in default camera app. For a comparison I have included two screenshots. I haven't changed anything, except for updating to a newer Proshot version.
    This is the highlight clip function, it is a tool for notifying the user of potentially over-exposed areas of the image. If you want it turned off, please find the "Highlight Clip" button in the Settings panel :)

Edit: I've been meaning to update the online manual to reflect all of the new additions that have been made to ProShot this past month. I will try to get it done in the next few days.
    Nabkawe5 and solution2u like this.
    03-12-2013 02:09 AM
    I quickly reviewed it and the UI didn't help much , once I got it up and running , I really got its potential , The thing I wonder , are they using Nokia's low light algorithms or their own . (Since nokia opened its APIs lately.)
    03-12-2013 02:30 AM
    After I understood the magic of this app I went on twitter praising it , I'm really sorry for being too hasty in my judgment , here's some of my own pictures to set the mode straight with the developer. :)
    Majestic skies using a combination of contrast (not available natively) and decreased Saturation (also not available natively)
    2013_03_11_07_07_47_proshot.jpg

Amazing Manual Focus capabilities.
    2013_03_11_07_11_07_proshot.jpg

Again sorry for the hasty judgment the UI kind of put me off.
    03-12-2013 02:46 AM
    Hey there, just one complaint , why not have an option for a bigger UI (my fingers are way too big for your small menus , and since you can set the opacity of the menu I don't see whats wrong of adding that option.
    03-12-2013 03:01 AM
    For all of you who asks how to use manual settings and asking about writing a manual, here comes some info about how "real" camera works.
    CameraSim simulates a digital SLR camera - SLR Photography Demystified
    try to play with one setting a time, like ISO, then after that with shutter speed, then after that with lighting, move it from dark indoors to sunny outside... learn, then test with ProShot... there are other camera simulators on web, you should "Bing" for it :)

And regarding "Good" photography, I asked a friend of mine, professional photographer: "How to take a good photo" here is his answer: "First you have to learn what is a good photo, go on web and browse photos, (http://500px.com/flow) then when you see something you like (example: architecture, entrance to a building ), save it on your PC, then continue browsing for similar photos and saving on your PC, then when you have many similar photos try to recreate same thing, while doing that you will learn a lot of light, camera placement, cropping, camera settings and so on....

Hope this helps for us who wonder :)
    03-12-2013 03:07 AM
    Actually, there is a competition going on right now! https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-us/f.../next-app-star

I really hope to make it! Finalists are partially determined by reviews, so if anyone has yet to review ProShot, please do it!
    I will vote for you without even trying your app.
    I will buy it later when I get home.
    Thank you for your time and efforts. Thank you!
    03-12-2013 06:31 AM
    I quickly reviewed it and the UI didn't help much , once I got it up and running , I really got its potential , The thing I wonder , are they using Nokia's low light algorithms or their own . (Since nokia opened its APIs lately.)
    ProShot uses the camera's native algorithms.

Hey there, just one complaint , why not have an option for a bigger UI (my fingers are way too big for your small menus , and since you can set the opacity of the menu I don't see whats wrong of adding that option.
    Which menus are you having trouble with? Does anyone else feel the menu items are too small? It's going to take a considerable amount of work to re-tool the UI to allow for dynamic resizing, but it's something I can look into when I eventually do a code re-write.

For all of you who asks how to use manual settings and asking about writing a manual, here comes some info about how "real" camera works.
    CameraSim simulates a digital SLR camera - SLR Photography Demystified
    try to play with one setting a time, like ISO, then after that with shutter speed, then after that with lighting, move it from dark indoors to sunny outside... learn, then test with ProShot... there are other camera simulators on web, you should "Bing" for it :)

And regarding "Good" photography, I asked a friend of mine, professional photographer: "How to take a good photo" here is his answer: "First you have to learn what is a good photo, go on web and browse photos, (http://500px.com/flow) then when you see something you like (example: architecture, entrance to a building ), save it on your PC, then continue browsing for similar photos and saving on your PC, then when you have many similar photos try to recreate same thing, while doing that you will learn a lot of light, camera placement, cropping, camera settings and so on....

Hope this helps for us who wonder :)
    Great tips and advice!
    03-12-2013 07:12 PM
    Thanks for the replies , Since Nokia said to have opened its SKDs to developers wouldn't it make much sense for your app to look and feel like the Smartshoot lens (Perhaps in Proshot 3.0 :) )
    I think the right menu is a little small yes specially for people with large fingers (I can't think how bad would this feel in an even smaller screen.

It took me like 15 seconds to get the settings I wanted to take a picture (by that time the moment was gone.) . Please consider enlarging them (even in far away versions its not a must have feature.)
    03-12-2013 07:29 PM
    Thanks for the replies , Since Nokia said to have opened its SKDs to developers wouldn't it make much sense for your app to look and feel like the Smartshoot lens (Perhaps in Proshot 3.0 :) )
    I think the right menu is a little small yes specially for people with large fingers (I can't think how bad would this feel in an even smaller screen.

It took me like 15 seconds to get the settings I wanted to take a picture (by that time the moment was gone.) . Please consider enlarging them (even in far away versions its not a must have feature.)
    If you needed to take a picture in less than 15 seconds, snap a quick shot in Auto, and then if you have time, mess with settings.
    03-12-2013 09:36 PM
    just joined the community of proshot too. UI is smooth and better than the rest of the camera apps. loving it so far. :)
    03-13-2013 07:56 AM
    03-13-2013 08:41 PM
    I love love this app. My favorite camera app on any mobile device I have ever used.
    03-13-2013 09:05 PM
    Indoor, 4sec exposure, btw RiseUpGames, app crashes many times while taking time lapse. Installed photosynth, do not know if this is a reason but after using photosynth I got only green screen when activating camera, restart did solve this. Do not know if this helps you.
    Anyhow, fantastic app.
    Here are result of my fun time tonight :)
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
    03-18-2013 02:49 PM
    One customer more. Love this app +10
    03-18-2013 03:18 PM
    More fun time tonight :)
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
    hudsonvalley likes this.
    03-18-2013 04:13 PM
    just bought the app the dev has done an amazing job , its an asset to windowsphone8 :-) well done for all your hard work including replying here that's brilliant customer services etc and defently helps towards the app :-)

I will give a glowing review later in the store and good luck with the competition :-)
    03-19-2013 01:41 AM
    I bet this would not be possible without ProShot supercharged Lumia 920:

Northern lights
    (ProShot, shutter 4 sec, +2 ev, gorillapod)

03-19-2013 02:07 AM
    I bet this would not be possible without ProShot supercharged Lumia 920:

Northern lights
    (ProShot, shutter 4 sec, +2 ev, gorillapod)

http://i50.tinypic.com/166g69.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2e0jmol.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2zdrb0w.jpg
    This stuff is nasty, wouldn't have a chance to see it in singapore.
    Anyway that makes the lumia 920 shine. For the new HTC One, upcoming Galaxy s4, current Xperia z and the upcoming new fruit phone, try harder.
    Axefield and barareklam like this.
    03-19-2013 10:59 AM
    This stuff is nasty, wouldn't have a chance to see it in singapore.
    Anyway that makes the lumia 920 shine. For the new HTC One, upcoming Galaxy s4, current Xperia z and the upcoming new fruit phone, try harder.
    That's true. You probably will never see these in Singapore, but it's also very rare here at southern Finland. But anyway you too have many great things to see there at Singapore. For example Kimi winning Singapore GP! ;)
    barareklam likes this.
    03-19-2013 11:10 AM
    That's true. You probably will never see these in Singapore, but it's also very rare here at southern Finland. But anyway you too have many great things to see there at Singapore. For example Kimi winning Singapore GP! ;)
    Talking about F1.. not to forget to mention about the great names of scandinavian rally car drivers from finland, Marcus Grnholm & Tommi Mkinen. And by the way during the event of the Singapore GP, parts of the streets in the main city are closed for 3 days. And I can hear the high pitch sound from the F1 race cars from a certain distance when i work nearby
    Axefield and barareklam like this.
    03-19-2013 11:33 AM
    Just quick question and then back to topic, anyone can recommend great app for formula 1?
    You can send me privat message so we do not ruin this thread :)
    Please do not forget Mika Hkkinen :)
    03-19-2013 12:03 PM
    I bring my Lumia 920 a step closer to the waters. i know my 8mp shooter ain't no Xperia Z.
    Cloudy evening, light conditions isn't great.
    Manual Focus, ISO 200, Shutter Speed 1/500sec.
    2013_03_20_18_35_15_proshot.jpg2013_03_20_18_36_12_proshot.jpg
    03-20-2013 08:09 AM
    Possible problem on 820 with Shutter Speed settings?....or it could just be me!

Not having a clue about shutter speeds, I decided to just try out different ones as cars were driving past the house earlier Today. When I switched the Shutter Speed to (what I call) the lower settings, ie. 1/4 etc. it would basically leave me with a completely white picture? Am I maybe doing something wrong, or is this just a flaw?

One other thing I'd like to suggest/request would be an anti-shake device to be added to the App. I can't remember the App I used to use on the iPhone...possibly Pro Camera?....but the anti-shake device came in real handy. I think it could probably eliminate a lot of the blurriness of the pictures - just my 2p's worth.
    03-20-2013 10:27 AM
2,260 ... 1011121314 ...