ProShot camera app.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Not sure if this is something that I am missing. Normally when a pic is taken, all the properties (ISO, exposure etc) are being set in the properties of the pic. This however does not seem to be getting set for all B&W pics. Can anyone check and let me know if this is happening or if I am missing something. Eagerly waiting for v2.5 !!

Thanks

Everything seems to be working on my end (though I'm running v2.5 now). Ya'll be jealous :p

Patric.Z

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello RiseUpGames, I enjoyed the app very much and I am looking forward to the update for fixing light theme bug. Appreciate all your work and it really brings the WP camera experience to the new level. Not sure what your future plans are for the app, but I always wonder if it's possible to change Aperture? Smaller aperture will help lots of the night shots I believe.

Thank you!

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello RiseUpGames, I enjoyed the app very much and I am looking forward to the update for fixing light theme bug. Appreciate all your work and it really brings the WP camera experience to the new level. Not sure what your future plans are for the app, but I always wonder if it's possible to change Aperture? Smaller aperture will help lots of the night shots I believe.

Thank you!

While I can't talk about what's coming next (secrets are fun right?), I can say that it is not possible to change the aperture on these cameras -- all camera phones to my knowledge (with the exception of one or two phones by Samsung / Panasonic) come with fixed-aperture lenses. That means that if you have a Lumia 920, it's going to be at f/2 regardless of you shooting indoors or out.

Tuxedosam

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Guys how do you calculate in M mode, I buy this app cause I want to use M mode but it very hard to use not like my DSLR it easy because it has Exposure level indicator and Live View exposure simulation.

Unfortunately, it's a bit tough. I would really love to implement a light meter in ProShot, but the Microsoft Camera API does not allow us to read the light hitting the sensor, developers can only read from the video feed that is sent to the display. In all but the darkest of situations, the video on the display should dim and brighten based on the changes you make to the exposure compensation slider (and in the case of the HTC 8X, it will also change according to ISO set), but it looks like that's the best we an do at the moment :/
Oh I see.

KorJax

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Thought I'd throw some shots I've done. All shots are very so slightly touched up using nokia creative studio on the phone, but its not anything more than a slight color balance shift here and there for effect, everythings pretty much stock

311115_522534881131571_957908117_n.jpg

482286_522534824464910_1736147377_n.jpg

63981_522534794464913_1216479171_n.jpg

62424_522534764464916_293671674_n.jpg

Done with an 810 so the camera isn't as uber as the 920, but it's still pretty decent (carl ziess, 8MP) and I have full control.

Teeb omus

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Great app. I noticed that at the moment the shot is snapped and before it scrolls off the screen, it does not look quite as "good" (not sure how I define that) as the "viewfinder" which is the screen on the 822. Is this real or imagined on my part?
Keep up the great work.

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I just got update for Camera Pro, :) Now it is possible to choose not to save pictures in camera roll but in album saved pictures,
RiseUpGames.... if it is possible to choose some other album where to save pictures, I think it will be greatly appreciated !

hudsonvalley

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just bought this app to support a good cause. :)
I love beautiful and interesting photos, but unfortunately myself I am very inexperienced. The point and shoot camera that's my max achievement.
If there is a good Samaritan on this thread that can explain in short simple way what these different settings do and when they should be applied (except zoom and flash of course :) ) that would be greatly appreciated.

One thing I wanted to mention. I left ProShot running (totally forgot I had it on) for about an hour - it completely ate my battery and made the phone incredibly hot.

Last edited:

Nicklas Kozlov

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm still trying to figure out how to customize the exposure timing on that app :D Any tips?

BTW, ProShot friggin' rocks!

PS. A shot taken with adjusting the focus manually. In my opinion, the most lovable feature of them all =)

Attachments

• 2013_03_08_16_29_40_ProShot.jpg
    2013_03_08_16_29_40_ProShot.jpg
    600.7 KB · Views: 24

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm still trying to figure out how to customize the exposure timing on that app :D Any tips?

BTW, ProShot friggin' rocks!

PS. A shot taken with adjusting the focus manually. In my opinion, the most lovable feature of them all =)

Turn mode to Manual and you'll see slide menu at bottom left :)

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Attention: ProShot v2.5 is now available for download!!
What's new:
+ added saturation / contrast sliders
+ added highlight clip tool
+ huge power usage optimizations (CPU usage cut in half!)
+ added automatic power saving mode to timelapse
+ various bug fixes

View attachment 30210
View attachment 30213
Done with an 810 so the camera isn't as uber as the 920, but it's still pretty decent (carl ziess, 8MP) and I have full control.

I really like these two! Doesn't feel like they came from a phone at all!

Great app. I noticed that at the moment the shot is snapped and before it scrolls off the screen, it does not look quite as "good" (not sure how I define that) as the "viewfinder" which is the screen on the 822. Is this real or imagined on my part?
Keep up the great work.

This happens with the default camera as well. What you see through the viewfinder is an uncompressed video stream, while the image that scrolls off the screen is a thumbnail of the captured image (which is a compressed .jpg).

I just got update for Camera Pro, :) Now it is possible to choose not to save pictures in camera roll but in album saved pictures,
RiseUpGames.... if it is possible to choose some other album where to save pictures, I think it will be greatly appreciated !

Unfortunately, Microsoft does not allow developers to create custom photo albums. I sure wish they would!

Just bought this app to support a good cause. :)
If there is a good Samaritan on this thread that can explain in short simple way what these different settings do and when they should be applied (except zoom and flash of course :) ) that would be greatly appreciated.

One thing I wanted to mention. I left ProShot running (totally forgot I had it on) for about an hour - it completely ate my battery and made the phone incredibly hot.

ISO controls the light sensitivity. With a higher ISO, you can take shots at a faster shutter speed, which helps reduce motion blur (like the movement of a human). If I'm photographing dancers, I like to keep the shutter speed between 1/160 and 1/320. If ISO is low, then the images will be too dark. Higher ISO has its tradeoffs, though. With higher ISO comes more noise in the image, but there are programs out there like Topaz DeNoise that help with these sorts of issues in post.

White balance adjusts the color cast of the image. Sometimes cameras have a hard time setting the correct white balance, resulting in images that are too warm or too cool. Use this to set the color of the image as you see it in real life (or get creative with it!).

Histogram shows the distribution of light and dark pixels in the scene. There's a lot to be said about its use, more than I can write here, so that's probably worth a bit of googling ;)

As far as the heating is concerned, that was my fault. I wasn't properly managing the accelerometer when the app was navigated from. It has since been fixed with v2.5, which also comes with a TON of power usage optimizations! (system-wide, and with timelapse)

unreal_rik

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I am the developer for ProShot. I am really happy to see everyone enjoying the app!
If anybody has any questions, please ask away! I tried addressing the most common ones here: ProShot

Jason, you only have 1/2s exposure available because that is the longest exposure your hardware supports. I think only Nokia Lumia 920 (and perhaps 820?) support 4 sec exposures, and only after the Portico update.

Just bought the app. Everything is perfect but the only complain I have is the app icon. Would really appreciate it if you could make it metro styled.

Nicklas Kozlov

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I guess some of you already noticed how crazy I am about taking close-up pictures with ProShot! :winktongue:
I love the manual focus -feature.

Attachments

• 2013_03_10_13_21_47_ProShot.jpg
    2013_03_10_13_21_47_ProShot.jpg
    693.5 KB · Views: 19

deepblue82

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the update RiseUpGames, keep up the good work!

2 questions (I hope anyone can give an answer):
ANSWERED !- I read on page 10 of this thread that it's possible to set location where photos are saved, but it seems that I can't find the setting to do so. So, have I missunderstood this or am I simply too blind to find this? Also, is it then possible to delete the taken pictures directly from the app (as I understood it is not possible to delete pictures from camera roll album as explained by RiseUpGames, but does this API limitation also applies to saved pictures album)?
- As a newbie to photography, what is the benefit of the new highlight clipping tool? Tried to do some research on this, but haven't found a good explanation of this feature yet.

Last edited:

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Well In another app called Camera Pro, there is possibiliy to save pictures in Saved pictures folder. That's it.
I asked RiseUpGames if it is possible to save images in some other folder, if I create folder on PC, then to save it in that folder. as RiseUpGames
Explained it is not possible. We are now talking about ProShot app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb