ProShot camera app.

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
how is this for street photography?

not bad, since it's like tweaking the settings of a typical DSLR.

The default camera in itself is already good since it catches the depth of field really well and the night shots are excellent so you won't have a problem adding drama to your pictures quickly.

dooleym

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
thanks, is the manual focus quick and usable - would i be able to get rangefinder style pics -sucject in focus/background out of focus- on the fly?

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
thanks, is the manual focus quick and usable - would i be able to get rangefinder style pics -sucject in focus/background out of focus- on the fly?

Yes! It previews what you intend to focus and shoot quickly. I'm really impressed with this app that I forgone digital camera already because this app has all the functions a basic point and shoot digital camera app and more.

You should take a look at the previous pages for samples of manually focused shots. :) That might help you a great deal.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
sorry if this has been addressed before. After checking everything under "set" my phone gets very hot (so hot that I got worried, even smelled the snap on shell) in the back and I see substantial battery consumption. Is that normal? I assume it has to do with the cpu power necessary for all the calcs of the histogram or level? If I turn those off the phone gets merely warm. I rebooted and it still shows the same symptoms.

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm working on some enhanced LiveTile functionality for ProShot, and was wondering what you thought about the look of it? The small icons will just have the mode symbol that they're linked to, while larger icons will cycle through images taken with ProShot.

Option one:
View attachment 31163

Option Two:
View attachment 31166

Hi RiseUpGames, Is it possible to have C1 and C2 or other small Icons as a tile on home screen or did I missunderstood something here ?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

I think it's pretty quick as is, but v3.0 is gonna take it to a whole new level, I promise :)
For the time being, you can open the FOC menu, use the slider to focus, then press the camera button to take the picture. Half-pressing or full-pressing the camera button will automatically close the menu. Once you get used to the steps things will go quickly. But like I said, what's on the horizon is gonna be pretty damn fantastic.

sorry if this has been addressed before. After checking everything under "set" my phone gets very hot (so hot that I got worried, even smelled the snap on shell) in the back and I see substantial battery consumption. Is that normal? I assume it has to do with the cpu power necessary for all the calcs of the histogram or level? If I turn those off the phone gets merely warm. I rebooted and it still shows the same symptoms.

It's the 3D Level Gauge that's causing most of the heat. ProShot primarily runs on one thread, humming along just fine, and basically only requiring one of the cores of the CPU to work. That 3D level gauge, however, can only run on a second thread, a different one than most of the ProShot code. This requires the second core of the CPU to be on, so you basically go from the CPU running at 50% to running at 100%. I'm going to try and add in a note somewhere in the UI to explain this. Unfortunately, there is just no way around this. I'd advise using the level gauge sparingly.

Hi RiseUpGames, Is it possible to have C1 and C2 or other small Icons as a tile on home screen or did I missunderstood something here ?

If you open up the top menu (the camera mode menu), you will see a "pin" icon at the bottom left of the screen. If you press that, it will pin the current mode to your start screen. It'll take a second or two to process, but then the program will exit and take you to the pinned icon on your start screen. Let me know if it's not working! (I am so sorry, still haven't gotten around to updating the ProShot manual)

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
hi RiseUpGames, do you think you can take some time to explain how burst mode works? It doesn't seems to use the setting i've set.

Sure! The process may seem a bit strange at first, but it'll feel like second nature after a little bit of practice.
First, select "Burst" from the top camera mode menu. This activates Burst Mode as the secondary function.
Next, press and hold anywhere on-screen where you'd like to focus. An animation will start indicating that it is trying to acquire focus. Once the indicator turns green, focus has been achieved.
Finally, while still pressing the screen, press and hold the camera button. Burst shot will then start.
To end, simply let go of the camera button. The process is easily do-able with one hand once you get the hang of it :)

This is also how the two other secondary modes (timer, timelapse) are activated. I did it this way so that users will always have access to two types of shooting modes without having to navigate the menus. In practice, people seem more likely to want burst as an "always-on" secondary mode as opposed to the other options, so in the next version, I will be changing things. Burst mode will now be the dedicated secondary function, and if one would want to access the timer or timelapse, one would simply select it from the menu and activate it by pressing the camera button, just like normal image capture.

I'm sorry for everyone who feels the current setup to be a bit confusing. I wanted to try something different, but it didn't work out how I had planned. These modes will be easier to understand and use in the coming update!

Rain Chua

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Sure! The process may seem a bit strange at first, but it'll feel like second nature after a little bit of practice.
First, select "Burst" from the top camera mode menu. This activates Burst Mode as the secondary function.
Next, press and hold anywhere on-screen where you'd like to focus. An animation will start indicating that it is trying to acquire focus. Once the indicator turns green, focus has been achieved.
Finally, while still pressing the screen, press and hold the camera button. Burst shot will then start.
To end, simply let go of the camera button. The process is easily do-able with one hand once you get the hang of it :)

This is also how the two other secondary modes (timer, timelapse) are activated. I did it this way so that users will always have access to two types of shooting modes without having to navigate the menus. In practice, people seem more likely to want burst as an "always-on" secondary mode as opposed to the other options, so in the next version, I will be changing things. Burst mode will now be the dedicated secondary function, and if one would want to access the timer or timelapse, one would simply select it from the menu and activate it by pressing the camera button, just like normal image capture.

I'm sorry for everyone who feels the current setup to be a bit confusing. I wanted to try something different, but it didn't work out how I had planned. These modes will be easier to understand and use in the coming update!

I'm sorry to get the question confused. What i meant was, i can't set the settings (ISO, shutter speed) for burst mode?

dooleym

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes! It previews what you intend to focus and shoot quickly. I'm really impressed with this app that I forgone digital camera already because this app has all the functions a basic point and shoot digital camera app and more.

You should take a look at the previous pages for samples of manually focused shots. :) That might help you a great deal.

thanks and i did - but i didn't see anything in the way of street photography/reportage. i think i'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and buy one so i can try it for myself

dooleym

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I think it's pretty quick as is, but v3.0 is gonna take it to a whole new level, I promise :)
For the time being, you can open the FOC menu, use the slider to focus, then press the camera button to take the picture. Half-pressing or full-pressing the camera button will automatically close the menu. Once you get used to the steps things will go quickly. But like I said, what's on the horizon is gonna be pretty damn fantastic.

dedicated proshot button and rocker to focus?

Kriminal

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Had to have a bit of fun with ProShot again, now that I've got new rims for the car...

Taken 'point-and-click' with ProShot :
2013_04_28_12_38_48_ProShot_zps8c58391d.jpg

After playing around in both Creative Studio, and Fantasia Painter (free) :
FantasiaPainting5_zps22d90212.jpg

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry to get the question confused. What i meant was, i can't set the settings (ISO, shutter speed) for burst mode?

Oh I see! At this point burst mode is pretty bare-bones. Adjusting the shutter speed has no effect, and adjusting the ISO only works on certain hardware. I'm waiting for Microsoft to update their API to support more functionality (and higher resolutions). The current implementation is the best that can be done given the current state of the API.

dedicated proshot button and rocker to focus?

For dedicated button support, please vote for it here! Allow camera button to launch a Lens app
Microsoft does listen :)

Unfortunately, I cannot use the hardware volume buttons for this sort of thing though, as it violates Microsoft's UI Design Guidelines, and it will be rejected from the marketplace.

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

Stanvx

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I love the app too, I just wish you could control the aperture and reach the higher ISO levels on L920.. Nokia should be pushing ms for these APIs.

solution2u

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks @RiseUpGames for bringing this awesome app!

Apart from features, I think @RiseUpGames should consider to put up a donation link. Do you guys agree? Click Like if you like this idea.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks @RiseUpGames for bringing this awesome app!

Apart from features, I think @RiseUpGames should consider to put up a donation link. Do you guys agree? Click Like if you like this idea.

:)
I'm just happy that the app is helping people get the most out of their cameras, and even introducing some to the foundations of photography.

I want ProShot to be the best camera OS in the world. And I won't stop until it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea