06-09-2017 09:12 AM
2,260 ... 3435363738 ...
tools
    Just wanted to add, have been reading thru this thread and there are some amazing pics taken. I did vote for allowing camera apps to be launched by default. One item I have not seen addressed, minor but a tad bit like a nag screen, when app is launched, it would be nice to go straight to camera, without seeing the proshot first, I know it is a very slight delay but could miss a great shot.

ETA An oddity, pics go to camera roll, but if I delete pics from camera roll, why do the still show up on live tile as if they are cookied in, is there another location?

TIA
    Last edited by 920029; 07-16-2013 at 01:32 PM.
    07-16-2013 10:19 AM
    Hi, i want to ask 620 users if photos with Pro Shot are better than stock camera. I know its a great app but i dont know if it works in the 5mp camera.
    07-16-2013 01:35 PM
    Hi Eddie, can you add .raw format?
    I'm sorry, it's not currently possible to do that :( Microsoft's API only gives developers a JPEG stream when the photo is captured, so that's all we have to work off of. RAW was literally the first thing I looked into while I was planning ProShot, haha.

I've got my eyes open, though. If there's a way, ProShot will get it.

theres a way that can i lock the camera ? because sometimes i touch outside options menu and shot accidentally
    How do you mean lock the camera? In a future update I will look into adding a tap to focus / tap to capture option. Is that what you are looking for?

Just wanted to add, have been reading thru this thread and there are some amazing pics taken. I did vote for allowing camera apps to be launched by default. One item I have not seen addressed, minor but a tad bit like a nag screen, when app is launched, it would be nice to go straight to camera, without seeing the proshot first, I know it is a very slight delay but could miss a great shot.

Sorry RiseUpGames, maybe it is just a pet peeve of mine but thought if I did not mention, it might not be addressed.
    The splash screen is merely a cosmetic transition between the menu screen and ProShot itself. No worries, it doesn't have any effect on the load time. Without the splash screen, users would just see a blank "loading" screen for 2 seconds anyways while the app loads, and Microsoft's UI guidelines recommend using splash screens as a way of masking these load times while transitioning the user to your app.

That being said, I'm still looking at how to improve the load time even further. It may not be necessary though, because once GDR2 hits, a super-critical memory leak will (should?) be patched, allowing me to offer fast app resume for ProShot. The instant-on is a killer feature. I can't wait.

An oddity, pics go to camera roll, but if I delete pics from camera roll, why do the still show up on live tile as if they are cookied in, is there another location?
    The pics in the LiveTile are changed every time you close ProShot, so if you want to cycle the images, just open and close ProShot.
    07-16-2013 01:40 PM
    How do you mean lock the camera? In a future update I will look into adding a tap to focus / tap to capture option. Is that what you are looking for?

When im using the option menu like iso, colors etc i can take a picture, sometimes unconsciously i touch outside the menu and take a unwanted picture, can i "lock" the camera when I use menu?
    07-16-2013 02:02 PM

When im using the option menu like iso, colors etc i can take a picture, sometimes unconsciously i touch outside the menu and take a unwanted picture, can i "lock" the camera when I use menu?
    Hmm, it's not possible to take a picture while the menu is open. If you tap outside the menu, it will close the menu. Only if you tap again after the menu is closed will ProShot take a picture.
    FernandoDB likes this.
    07-16-2013 02:28 PM
    really ? i have almost 100% sure that i take a picture in options menu, i will make some tests, thanks for reply !!!!
    07-16-2013 02:39 PM
    This I am sure is on me but I just took three pics and they are all 100% white background, nothing else. They were taken in manual with 1/2 shutter speed. Not sure what I did wrong.

It was outdoors and raining so I did not want to get phone wet, any ideas?
    07-16-2013 03:06 PM
    This I am sure is on me but I just took three pics and they are all 100% white background, nothing else. They were taken in manual with 1/2 shutter speed. Not sure what I did wrong.

It was outdoors and raining so I did not want to get phone wet, any ideas?
    The exposure time you chose is too long given how bright outside may be. If you want to do long exposures in the daytime, use an ND filter, or place sunglasses in front of the image sensor. This allows you to take in light over a period of time without taking in so much that the whole image becomes white
    920029 likes this.
    07-16-2013 03:59 PM
    That makes sense, I did not think they would white out completely, I took a few in auto and they were really dark so I guess I let in way too much light, I was just playing around and since it was raining did not get the chance to change much, I did take at different shutter speeds but obviously not fast enough.

Thanks
    07-16-2013 04:27 PM
    Would love to see our dear dev take a shot at this: Nokia Future /Capture Contest | Nokia Developer
    cuzincurly and 920029 like this.
    07-16-2013 05:40 PM
    Would love to see our dear dev take a shot at this: Nokia Future /Capture Contest | Nokia Developer
    I may just do that :)
    07-16-2013 10:23 PM
    Best cam app for Windows Phone!!!

If u allow me, I would to make a suggestion. Maybe a Focus Settings instant control? What you think? Something like CleverCamera (good app too, but ProShot is better). Like I say, its just a suggestion. I know u have others things in mind to make ProShot even better.
    07-17-2013 08:04 AM
    Can there be a number set for how many burst photos we take? I had this issue yesterday and couldn't figure out how to do it! I wanted to take constant frames i.e. photos of something for about 35 seconds at 1fps or 5fps. Doesn't work!

I was expecting like 30-40 pics from which I can choose the best, but only got about 5/6 and then had to save them and re-do another one :(
    07-17-2013 08:37 AM
    Best cam app for Windows Phone!!!

If u allow me, I would to make a suggestion. Maybe a Focus Settings instant control? What you think? Something like CleverCamera (good app too, but ProShot is better). Like I say, its just a suggestion. I know u have others things in mind to make ProShot even better.
    Next update :)

Can there be a number set for how many burst photos we take? I had this issue yesterday and couldn't figure out how to do it! I wanted to take constant frames i.e. photos of something for about 35 seconds at 1fps or 5fps. Doesn't work!

I was expecting like 30-40 pics from which I can choose the best, but only got about 5/6 and then had to save them and re-do another one :(
    You can do burst at up to 5fps with ProShot, but the buffer will fill up after 15 shots. It functions just like your standard burst mode in most cameras -- saves a bunch of pics, then you can delete what you don't want later.

Though I can't tell you this functionality you want is coming in the next update, I do keep track of all requests, prioritize them based on demand, and hope to fulfill them all at some point :)
    Rodrigo Mendes likes this.
    07-17-2013 01:23 PM
    I realised ProShot keeps taking up space despite photos taken being deleted. It isn't clearing the temporary files or something. Could this be a bug?
    Attachment 31131

I know this has been resolved but where on earth do I find info on how much resources are being used on a WP8?

TIA
    07-17-2013 04:00 PM
    I know this has been resolved but where on earth do I find info on how much resources are being used on a WP8?

TIA
    storage check under phone's settings
    920029 likes this.
    07-17-2013 04:33 PM
    I am curious as to what people here use to manage their photos on their phone. Zune was better than the Windows Phone app, at least there was an option to remove pics from phone when moved to PC. The desktop version only allows for one at a time to be deleted, the W8 version at least allows for select all but still painful.

What is the best way to manage photos? Yesterday I took like 200 pics, mostly just playing around with settings on Proshot, Looking for a quicker solution than the default Windows Phone app as it is limited.

TIA

ETA I guess just old fashioned windows explorer works great, much better than the designed apps, still there must be a better alternative.
    07-18-2013 09:40 AM
    I am curious as to what people here use to manage their photos on their phone. Zune was better than the Windows Phone app, at least there was an option to remove pics from phone when moved to PC. The desktop version only allows for one at a time to be deleted, the W8 version at least allows for select all but still painful.

What is the best way to manage photos? Yesterday I took like 200 pics, mostly just playing around with settings on Proshot, Looking for a quicker solution than the default Windows Phone app as it is limited.

ETA I guess just old fashioned windows explorer works great, much better than the designed apps, still there must be a better alternative.
    I use desktop mode in W8 and good old windows explorer for serious photo management. Just isn't enough screen real estate on my L920 to do anything other than rough triage.
    920029 likes this.
    07-18-2013 11:23 AM
    Hi, just bought ProShot. There are so many settings for a newbie like me but i am willing to learn! Can someone suggest some setups for daylight, low-light and macro shots?
    Thanks!
    07-20-2013 03:09 PM
    Hi, just bought ProShot. There are so many settings for a newbie like me but i am willing to learn! Can someone suggest some setups for daylight, low-light and macro shots?
    See my post #795 on page 32 for a couple of suggestions. Don't be afraid to shoot a lot of practice and bad shots so you can understand the relationship of camera settings and the light you are shooting in. Good luck, and come back and post any questions!
    920029 and Haigs like this.
    07-20-2013 08:28 PM
    Thanks!
    I learnt a lot from this very thread. Tons of good info in here. The time you spend reading posts here is worth it.
    Edit: what I mean is that reading through the posts in this thread would be a good start. And if you still have questions, the community (including the awesome dev) is always here to help you out.
    Last edited by aaa6112; 07-21-2013 at 12:04 AM.
    920029 and Haigs like this.
    07-20-2013 08:50 PM
    Thanks guys, gonna start reading today :)
    07-21-2013 03:49 AM
    Good news everyone!

I've FINALLY fixed the SD card bug. And as a bonus, I've also managed to speed up app loading time by almost 1 second! :D
    Also coming in the next update, date/time info in the camera roll (see pic below) and a bunch of other random bug fixes.

Attachment 37234
    (Btw, this was taken witih ProShot on a Lumia 920 :)

Should be done with this update by today or tomorrow. I'm so glad the drama is over, now I can get back to the fun stuff: adding more features!

Let me know if the next update (v2.7.3) addresses this. Since the error doesn't happen while ProShot is running, I can't say I'm entirely convinced it's ProShot's fault. Once the app is closed, it's up to the hardware and OS to take care of the rest (also, this never happens on my Lumia 920 nor HTC 8X).

Edit: It's done! ProShot v2.7.3 has now been submitted to the marketplace for certification. Should be available for download by Monday (ish)
    Just reporting back in. I installed the latest version and thought I was out of the woods but today the same problem resurfaced. I ended up having to restart my phone to get it back. Exact same issue, screen won't turn on but the buttons light up. I guess I'll try subsequent updates to see if it ever gets resolved. Thanks.
    Last edited by badcat; 07-22-2013 at 04:17 PM.
    07-21-2013 11:44 AM
    Hey Riseup, what's your app support email? I was using the phone yesterday and had a pretty nasty series of crashes related to the app. Had to soft reset. Would love to tell you what happened ... see if I did something wrong!
    07-21-2013 11:47 AM
    Hey Riseup, what's your app support email? I was using the phone yesterday and had a pretty nasty series of crashes related to the app. Had to soft reset. Would love to tell you what happened ... see if I did something wrong!
    you can use the "Send Feedback" option under "ABT" in the app to send him an email.
    Muessig and RiseUpGames like this.
    07-21-2013 03:25 PM
2,260 ... 3435363738 ...