06-09-2017 09:12 AM
2,260 ... 4142434445 ...
tools
    Awesome .. waiting for it !
    One minor comment though. The new focus dial is awesome, but I have one really really small complaint. When I click, if my point of focus lies somewhere in the screen where the focus dial is, I cannot click. Every time I try to focus at that point, I end up activating the manual focus. Any one else feel that ? If you are trying to click a pic without looking at the screen (clicking self using rear camera), I end up touching the focus dial and thus no pic gets taken. Any way we can turn off the auto focus dial ? Right now, touching anywhere on the dial will activate it.
    Fixed in the update :)
    08-20-2013 02:06 AM
    It's natural for the phone hardware to get warm after multiple long exposures, and it should have failsafes built-in that will automatically turn off the phone if it gets too hot.

On my Lumia 520 I noticed that sometimes the screen won't turn on. This was before GDR2 and installing the newest version of ProShot (v2.8.3, which I am almost done with). Now I don't seem to have the issue anymore. Hopefully the new version will fix the issue!
    Answer my question that I had above on the 521 doing the same thing locking up, will grab new version, Thanks.
    08-20-2013 08:09 AM
    Hey everyone! ProShot v.2.8.3 is done! Here's the changelog:

+ Image processing pipeline overhaul: shot-to-shot time now a full second faster! Faster than Nokia Pro Cam*
    + Increased ISO range up to 4000 on compatible devices*
    + Added Macro / Infinity AF modes**
    + Added 3 second option to timelapse*
    + Added double-tap shortcut: double tap menu items to select them and close the panel
    + UI tweaks, improvements, and many bug fixes

* Requires GDR2 OS update (build 10320 and higher)
    ** Only compatible with Nokia devices with GDR2

A lot of work went into really speeding things up. Shot-to-shot times are much faster now, even if you set contrast / saturation to something other than 0. Also, the double-tap shortcut makes operation a lot smoother.

The macro / infinity AF modes are really sweet and easy to access:

Attachment 40611

I'm sorry though, this is a Nokia-only feature. HTC phones crash :/

Ok -- no rest for me, gonna try and finish the next update by Wednesday!
    Nice improvements here!!!!
    08-20-2013 08:11 AM
    wow 2.8.3 looks great. now if only AT&T can release GDR2...
    08-20-2013 12:54 PM
    When will appear in store?
    08-20-2013 01:02 PM
    When will appear in store?
    Am never quite sure with these things.... I'm guessing Wednesday or Thursday
    08-20-2013 01:59 PM
    wow 2.8.3 looks great. now if only AT&T can release GDR2...
    Tmobile did on my wifes phone, just got done with it, she has data sense but little else noticeable Double tap worked once and does not function anymore. She has the 521 so I don't imagine Amber really added much.

I am with AT&T 920 and still no cigar.
    08-20-2013 06:50 PM
    Am never quite sure with these things.... I'm guessing Wednesday or Thursday
    2.8.3 version live on marketplace
    aaa6112 likes this.
    08-22-2013 12:39 AM
    Just downloaded the update. I noticed that when I launch the app, switch to MF, and then tap on any of the menu options (like IMG, WB, etc) and then back out to take a photo, the focus control gets toggled to AF and it gets disabled, ie, I can't switch to MF again.
    Edit: I actually figured that I CAN switch to MF by swiping my finger like I would on that MF dial. But it shouldn't switch to AF when I enter the menu options and leave, no?
    08-22-2013 01:01 AM
    Just downloaded the update. I noticed that when I launch the app, switch to MF, and then tap on any of the menu options (like IMG, WB, etc) and then back out to take a photo, the focus control gets toggled to AF and it gets disabled, ie, I can't switch to MF again.
    Edit: I actually figured that I CAN switch to MF by swiping my finger like I would on that MF dial. But it shouldn't switch to AF when I enter the menu options and leave, no?
    Arg, I'm so sorry, I keep missing the AF/MF bugs. I changed how I was handing that stuff and it looks like that's an edge case I forgot to compensate for (if you slide your finger on the MF dial and then open a menu again, it won't go back to AF). I'll fix it for the next update.
    aaa6112 likes this.
    08-22-2013 02:10 AM
    Arg, I'm so sorry, I keep missing the AF/MF bugs. I changed how I was handing that stuff and it looks like that's an edge case I forgot to compensate for (if you slide your finger on the MF dial and then open a menu again, it won't go back to AF). I'll fix it for the next update.
    yes I just noticed that after I slide my finger on the MF dial, it doesn't go back to AF. Good enough for me for now. Thanks!
    btw, wasn't this update supposed to contain shortcuts for macro and infinity focus?
    08-22-2013 02:36 AM
    Great things going on here...

Now just need to wait for UK carriers to roll out GDR2 (other than Vodafone) -.-...
    08-22-2013 05:09 AM
    @RiseUpGames

I would like to report a bug. if your ISO is set 100/200/400/800 then you adjust the shutter speed, the exposure slider gets disabled. it also affect the Program option once this happens. To temporary enabled the exposure slider, you must set your ISO to auto. But if you use manual ISO, it will be disabled again.

using a L920. not yet gdr2
    this is not a bug, the exposure slider can't when using a long exposure shot, Even Nokia Pro Cam doesn't allow you to change exposure compensation once you started playing with long shutters and low ISOs
    08-22-2013 10:10 AM
    yes I just noticed that after I slide my finger on the MF dial, it doesn't go back to AF. Good enough for me for now. Thanks!
    btw, wasn't this update supposed to contain shortcuts for macro and infinity focus?
    Infinity wasn't working properly on my GDR1 Nokia, but it was just fine on my GDR2 Nokia, so I made it a GDR2-only thing. Gotta get that update ;)
    08-22-2013 04:08 PM
    Infinity wasn't working properly on my GDR1 Nokia, but it was just fine on my GDR2 Nokia, so I made it a GDR2-only thing. Gotta get that update ;)
    Are you on Verizon?
    08-22-2013 04:34 PM
    Are you on Verizon?
    T-mobile
    08-22-2013 05:03 PM
    Hi, first of all congratulations for building this awesome app and the continued improvements.

My 920 was updated to Amber and I was able to compare it to Nokia pro cam.

I definitely prefer using ProShot but have noted the following new features on Nokia Pro Cam:
    - Face detection. Is there any plan to add this functionality?
    - The shutter speed can now select automatically longer exposure time than 0.5 sec (if for example you block the ISO value to 100). In this case you end up with a proper exposure. Is there any plan to change that as well?

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_249 using Tapatalk
    08-23-2013 06:43 AM
    fw.jpg

Recently I was down on SPI Texas but at the beach the sunlight was so bright that I could not make adjustments to Proshot, hard to see and it got me to wondering if the GUI could be set like some GPS units are, one mode for bright sunlight and another for nighttime. I should have set up a mode in advance so I could just shoot.

Got plenty of practice in but need a lot more, I seem to get better pics with the native app choosing settings
    08-23-2013 01:11 PM
    I checked that the option was disabled and then restarted my phone. Then I snapped a pic with the vanilla camera app and Pro Shot. I copied them both to my laptop, and when I check the properties of these pics, the vanilla one doesn't have GPS data show, but the ProShot one does.
    Bough it today and noticed the same thing, I've tried toggling the GPS setting under camera properties and restarting but it didn't change the maths

edit: globally disabling location doesn't put gps exif data, so I tried a soft reset and it seems it did the trick ;)

Great app, I've bough a gorillapod tripod and was testing it, amazing results!
    Last edited by Christian_Troy; 08-23-2013 at 02:25 PM.
    08-23-2013 02:12 PM
    Hi, first of all congratulations for building this awesome app and the continued improvements.

My 920 was updated to Amber and I was able to compare it to Nokia pro cam.

I definitely prefer using ProShot but have noted the following new features on Nokia Pro Cam:
    - Face detection. Is there any plan to add this functionality?
    - The shutter speed can now select automatically longer exposure time than 0.5 sec (if for example you block the ISO value to 100). In this case you end up with a proper exposure. Is there any plan to change that as well?
    1) Yes, I do want to add that. Still need to look into it
    2) The auto mode is determined by the camera hardware, unfortunately it's not something I have any control over :/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fw.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	41088

Recently I was down on SPI Texas but at the beach the sunlight was so bright that I could not make adjustments to Proshot, hard to see and it got me to wondering if the GUI could be set like some GPS units are, one mode for bright sunlight and another for nighttime. I should have set up a mode in advance so I could just shoot.

Got plenty of practice in but need a lot more, I seem to get better pics with the native app choosing settings
    I can look into that (daylight/night UI).
    The GPS stuff....it's a bug in Microsoft's code. Their SaveToCameraRoll() function automatically adds (or doesn't add) GPS data to the image while it is being saved. This is out of my control and only something Microsoft can fix. It may have been fixed with GDR2, but I haven't confirmed it yet.
    08-23-2013 03:57 PM
    Thanks a lot for your reply.

I did more testing and found out that when using the infinity focus mode, pictures came out a bit blurry, even on distant subjects (obviously I don't expect close objects to be sharp).
    This is really noticeable if I compare the same picture against one for which autofocus was used...

Am I the only one experiencing this ? (Nokia Lumia 920, GDR2 Amber)

EDIT - Here is below an illustation of the difference.
    Autofocus (top image) vs Infinity focus (bottom image)
    2013_08_25_14_17_23_proshot.jpg
    2013_08_25_14_17_26_proshot.jpg

Autofocus (top image) vs Infinity focus (bottom image) - 100% crops
    screenshot001.jpg
    screenshot002.jpg
    Last edited by vincent2167; 08-25-2013 at 12:16 PM.
    RiseUpGames likes this.
    08-25-2013 04:45 AM
    Thanks a lot for your reply.

I did more testing and found out that when using the infinity focus mode, pictures came out a bit blurry, even on distant subjects (obviously I don't expect close objects to be sharp).
    This is really noticeable if I compare the same picture against one for which autofocus was used...

Am I the only one experiencing this ? (Nokia Lumia 920, GDR2 Amber)

EDIT - Here is below an illustation of the difference.
    Autofocus (top image) vs Infinity focus (bottom image)

Name:	2013_08_25_14_17_23_ProShot.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	523.4 KB 
ID:	41266

Name:	2013_08_25_14_17_26_ProShot.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	491.7 KB 
ID:	41269

Autofocus (top image) vs Infinity focus (bottom image) - 100% crops

Name:	ScreenShot001.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	41267

Name:	ScreenShot002.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	41270
    Thank you VERY MUCH for the test, I was afraid of this. On my GDR1 Lumia 920, infinity AF doesn't work, but it worked just fine on my GDR2 520 and my GDR2 1020. I figured it was an issue that was fixed with GDR2, but it looks like infinity AF on the Lumia 920 is just broken (I was also wondering if it was broken cause I've dropped the phone, something that could have misaligned the lenses inside the camera, but I guess not).

I will remove the option on the 920 in the next update. What a shame...
    vincent2167 likes this.
    08-25-2013 02:05 PM
    Thank you VERY MUCH for the test, I was afraid of this. On my GDR1 Lumia 920, infinity AF doesn't work, but it worked just fine on my GDR2 520 and my GDR2 1020. I figured it was an issue that was fixed with GDR2, but it looks like infinity AF on the Lumia 920 is just broken (I was also wondering if it was broken cause I've dropped the phone, something that could have misaligned the lenses inside the camera, but I guess not).

I will remove the option on the 920 in the next update. What a shame...
    You may or may not know this, but I thought I'd point this out.

Infinity focus in most lenses isn't usually infinity though as far as I know. This is to allow for expansion and contraction (due to temperature changes) or movement in the lens (like when you dropped it). While focusing beyond infinity doesn't seem very useful, it is useful for things such as infrared photography where focus distances are altered :).
    08-25-2013 02:46 PM
    Is it possible to have a scene option? For backlight, macro etc?
    08-25-2013 02:46 PM
    You may or may not know this, but I thought I'd point this out.

Infinity focus in most lenses isn't usually infinity though as far as I know. This is to allow for expansion and contraction (due to temperature changes) or movement in the lens (like when you dropped it). While focusing beyond infinity doesn't seem very useful, it is useful for things such as infrared photography where focus distances are altered :).
    Yep, was aware of this, but I didn't know the part about IR photography! Cool :)
    Infinity mode isn't exactly a set point on WP, it acts more like an Infinity AF mode, meaning the AF algorithm will only check for focus at the further end of its range (this will allow for faster focus). It's a shame it's not working on the 920, it's pretty useful for landscape photography, or when subjects are more than a few meters from the lens.

Is it possible to have a scene option? For backlight, macro etc?
    Early in development when I only had an HTC 8X I couldn't get the scene modes working properly (firmware issues), and I think they were a bit buggy on the 920 when I finally got one. Since then there have been quite a few OS updates, and I have been meaning to go back and check them out. If they do work, I'll put them in with v3.0, or perhaps sooner.
    08-25-2013 03:23 PM
2,260 ... 4142434445 ...